Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Champion changes you would like to see

Helix

Here's a few of mine which address my biggest issue with the archetype; survival.

• Ultimate Warrior
    • Boosts your health and gives you a 5-10% heal per tier  (numbers are hypothetical).
    • Alternative suggestion is to change it so all your attacks and abilities grant you life steal.
  • Leap
    • Cut CD by half, attach a stun to it.
  • Whirling Pain
    • It's slow and clunky; a worse version of the myrmidon "spin to win" in every way. I have a couple different suggestions:
      • Change the animation so it's cleaner and faster.
      • Attach life steal and/or projectile reflection to it. (either in or out of ultimate warrior) 
      • Increase movement speed and increase the damage a bit.
    • You could remove it entirely and replace it with Strenght of the Mountain.
  • Strength of the Mountain (Stasis)
    • Attach some form of heal to it, increase the cool down.
Edited by helix

I do not agree on the leap suggestion. Don't think it should go on rmb, that would remove more of our mobility.

Nor do I think it should have a stun, no need to make it so noob friendly.

What it needs is just to make it useable while jumping, so we disengage in a proper way from a fight to get second wind rolling. Maybe make the window where you need to use the second jump a bit bigger, or put the jumps on separate charges with the same cooldown, so we'd have 2 charges of leap.

But I do agree that whirling pain needs something that makes it worth using, comboing it with ultimate would be cool.

And lastly right now I just feel like we need some magic dmg reduction, anything else can be played around.

Edited by Yumx

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

I don't think that I'd like to see heals slapped onto skills just so it's in line with the healing of other archetypes.

I think it'd be better to for them to balance the healing of other archetypes first, so it's not so powerful and/or give the Champion (whether baseline or on promotion) to deal with players who heal a lot (maybe more damage to enemies who have been healed recently or at/above a certain %)

In regards to mobility, I have the same mentality as before. Instead of bringing the Champion UP to mobility level of other archetypes, let him bring them down to his. Hurlbats are one way trying to catch up to a running opponent, but it'd be cool if you could prevent that entirely. This could be something like a stamina drain or heavy AoE slows. I think this would fit with the dirty-fighting pit fighter aesthetic. Even if it's not on a new ability, it could be something attached to say Ultimate Warrior. Like an AoE debuff at each level, maybe 5-10% at level 1 and then 15-20% at level 2

Oh, and bring back Strength of the Mountain.

231e101d88.jpg

I do not agree on the leap suggestion. Don't think it should go on rmb, that would remove more of our mobility.

Don't know how long you've followed CF's development, but during the first or second iteration of the Champion, you could consecutively cast 4 leaps on the RMB. They had THE BEST mobility in the game at the time. I'm just suggesting we bring Champ closer to that. If they can Leap in and out of danger, then they don't necessarily need SotM to sustain themselves.

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Don't know how long you've followed CF's development, but during the first or second iteration of the Champion, you could consecutively cast 4 leaps on the RMB. They had THE BEST mobility in the game at the time. I'm just suggesting we bring Champ closer to that. If they can Leap in and out of danger, then they don't necessarily need SotM to sustain themselves.

Ah I see, I've just recently started playing CF, thanks for the information.

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

I like that, but it doesn't necessarily need to be on RMB to get the same effect. I actually really like the dodge roll (although I think this should have a short iframe, and not the C ability).

The problem with the 4 leaps was you had to use them consecutively or lose them. I think it would have been nicer to have a rechargeable "ammo" system where you get 2 or 3 leaps and can use them whenever (each 'charge' of leap would have it's own cool down so you could basically pool them).

I don't think that I'd like to see heals slapped onto skills just so it's in line with the healing of other archetypes.

I think it'd be better to for them to balance the healing of other archetypes first, so it's not so powerful and/or give the Champion (whether baseline or on promotion) to deal with players who heal a lot (maybe more damage to enemies who have been healed recently or at/above a certain %)

With critical hits being as funky as they are right now, I honestly don't mind the healing. The champion doesn't have the burst of the other classes (and that's fine), he's more of a sustained dps brawler. However, brawlers in other games usually have a lot of sustain and other defensive tools attached to them.

Edited by helix

The problem with the 4 leaps was you had to use them consecutively or lose them.

No, you did not. The 4 leaps were actually 2 pairs, and the pairs were separated. The only restriction on beginning a leap-pair was stamina cost. We got four because we had enough stamina to do 2 pairs. I often did only one pair, however, and then executed another pair later (but before I had regained all my stam).

If I had to make any changes it would be to the leap, I would like to see the leap changed to a charge with a knock-back or a stun that can lead into neck-breaker or vicious stomp sorta like this ME3 vanguard charge/nova combo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSbOAdkF0Z8

Another change would be to whirling pain, instead of going in a slow repeatting circle maybe it could be a cone effect with the champion flailing their weapon back and forth at a quicker rate maybe it only stops when cancelled or when you run outta of a rage/stamina.

Edited by aries'slanding

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see the iframe on dodge and at least two separate leap...whirling pain seems a waste of rage to me, i'd LOVE a charging ability instead of that or maybe, some sort of defensive skill.

I would like to see the leap have a "charges" function rather than a have it be tied to a combo and I wouldn't suggest a stun on the leap but perhaps a slow or dizzy effect could be added. As an example Tracer in Overwatch has a dash that carries 3 charges and regularly recharges. If the "charges" idea isn't a good one perhaps lower the cooldown if the second leap in the combo isn't used.

Our #3 combo  bleed ability Rending Strike(?) needs to be reanimated, I think its a holdover from the root animation days but it is damn near impossible to hit on anything other than a charging enemy or stationary target.

Whirling pain definitely needs a rework, I like the idea of a charge ability perhaps that is the solution and instead of functioning as an ineffective whirlwind it could perhaps have a knockback effect to it if fully charged.

I do like the idea of hurlbat not only slowing down an enemy but also having some sort of stamina drain attached to it as well.

Edited by Lebler

an idea for Whirling pain would be:

increase the radius and give it a CC effect depending on the number of hits on your enemy. (maybe with a dbuf stack on hit) 1hit dizzy , 3 stacks stun , 5 stacks knokdown , 7 stacks (serve bleed)

as said allready by the others the Rend bleed attack is near impossible to hit.

Leap using charges sounds pretty good. I think 12 sec CD per charge and 3 max charges would be ok.

Surpressing shout and the Sand blind need to be AoE again. It was balanced befor and now its total garbage.

Nearly every combo of the champ takes around 60% of all rage. Meaning you use 1 combo and cant do anything. Even with 100% rage it impossible to do 2 combos in a row.

The devs did say that the ammount of combat ressources most archtypes currently get, is mutch higher then it should be. Maybe thats why the Champ is in such a bad spot and once the combat ressources of the others archtypes are nerved we might see some impovements. Seeing numbers not only for health but for stamina and rage too would be very good.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us now!

3 hours ago, Xenotor said:

The devs did say that the ammount of combat ressources most archtypes currently get, is mutch higher then it should be. Maybe thats why the Champ is in such a bad spot and once the combat ressources of the others archtypes are nerved we might see some impovements. Seeing numbers not only for health but for stamina and rage too would be very good.

I'm curious where they said this? If the archetypes were to get abilities removed or were less than they are now; that would be godawful.

They mentioned this in the March Q and A video while talking about disciplines. Currently Archetypes have a lot of things "baked in" to temporarily fill in the gap that disciplines will eventually be take up. In Hunger Dome confessors had difficulty using their spells and needed to channel for mana pretty regularly after using a few spells. Currently in BW that is not the case because she now has some things baked in to make her less channel dependent.

Edited by Bler

• 10 months later...

I would love to see a CC move like a Grab/Throw on the Champion, It would be nice to actually play off of being big and scary and to set up move off of that.

Pure melee with only one tray should be buffed, either increase dps, extra ability slots, or just give everyone access to a 2nd try beyond survival. 

Other than what few skills I can slot in survival the majority of other classes with dual trays, in addition to survival, have access to far more abilities.   

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers