Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Does Critical Harvest Chance: Animal mean to you?

Anhrez

So I'm a numbers players, not as much as some of the people on here but I do love to collect and compare.  I am mapping how I think I can maximize my gathering output with item bonus and spent some time evaluating Critical Harvest Chance Animal.

So I had +5 Skinning and harvested 25 boars in the canyons and received 57 grey quality boar hide and 12 meat 

I then changed to + 5 Skinning and +2.59 Critical harvest Amount and did 25 more boars ... same format as I waited for them to respawn so the node profile was the same and I got 45 grey Boar hide and 10 meat.

i know the sample is small, but didn't Blair talk about his % in a way that would make me feel like the +2.59 would seem like a 25% lift in Critical Amount? I received no critical amount at all and for some reason the math had me receive a significantly less amount of base material?  Now ... if I had received 45 grey and 12 white hide with the Crit buff that would make sense in an odd way so

Are the Boar in the canyon not able to give an output due to their low tiers? so I could not see the hide i think I should 

Is the 2.59 no reasonably significant?  this would be odd as the Plethora made a huge different for meat but this number means a lot different? 

Just looking to explain my missing hides :) 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

If you seriously want to study this topic, I recommend tracking the number of pieces of meat/hide that you get each time that you harvest a boar and then tracking the mean and the standard deviation.

With this said and done, when I was looking at how ore spawned from nodes,

1.  I always received precisely 5 grey ore per node

2.  In addition, I would get critical harvests and plentiful harvests which would impact the amount of white and green ore that dropped.

I would be suprised if boars worked significantly differently...

Edited by narsille

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

I'm somewhat confused about your test parameters from your original post.

It sounds like you had a small bonus to critical harvest amount from somewhere, but I'm not clear where the bonus came from.

Also, it is unclear whether you actually successfully critically harvested in the 50 total harvest attempts. My understanding is that you can only critically harvest a node on the harvest chance that destroys it - so once per boar - and if you didn't have the critical chance potion active odds are very low (though not specified that I'm aware of) that any given harvest will be critical.

So..I'm not entirely sure what to make of your results. Important data is either missing or not clearly explained.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

The potions buff Critical Harvest by a much larger amount, and the effect is considerably more dramatic. I understand you are specifically looking at item bonus-gained critical harvest chance animal, but comparing the gains seen via the potions and the specific numbers there should help you 'bookend' your range to a degree and give you some better context for your lower numbers.

So I'm a numbers players, not as much as some of the people on here but I do love to collect and compare.  I am mapping how I think I can maximize my gathering output with item bonus and spent some time evaluating Critical Harvest Chance Animal.

So I had +5 Skinning and harvested 25 boars in the canyons and received 57 grey quality boar hide and 12 meat 

I then changed to + 5 Skinning and +2.59 Critical harvest Amount and did 25 more boars ... same format as I waited for them to respawn so the node profile was the same and I got 45 grey Boar hide and 10 meat.

i know the sample is small, but didn't Blair talk about his % in a way that would make me feel like the +2.59 would seem like a 25% lift in Critical Amount? I received no critical amount at all and for some reason the math had me receive a significantly less amount of base material?  Now ... if I had received 45 grey and 12 white hide with the Crit buff that would make sense in an odd way so

Are the Boar in the canyon not able to give an output due to their low tiers? so I could not see the hide i think I should 

Is the 2.59 no reasonably significant?  this would be odd as the Plethora made a huge different for meat but this number means a lot different? 

Just looking to explain my missing hides :)

• 1 year later...

Poor, common, uncommon, rare, epic, legendary I think is how it goes. Common is gray, and depending on the level of the node/animal I think u will get a diff chance of mat, exe. lev 10 node will only give you legendary mats, and will also give u a higher chance of epic, and rare and so on.

Could be totally wrong but pretty sure critical harvest is when u get stuff during the.... harvesting, like first boom 2 ore and 1 essence, second boom something els so on. Weak points during the harvest (the + signs) just speed things up and give you a dmg boost for the hit, don't think its affects mats. "Drops that pop up while harvesting are the critical part".

Beneficial (possibly Plentiful too) harvest is just for the last hit, I usually get higher tier mats and more lower tier from the BH.

I just did my first uncommon weapon the other day and was very disappointed. So... turns out that there IS a diff in dmg and stats when crafting a item from poor to common, but after that you will craft the same item regardless mat tier. The only diff in mat tier is that u will get 1 more experimentation MAX point per tier.... so lets say a common item gives you 7 max points that u can put into the experiment, (just guessing the number 7) the only diff a uncommon will give is that u can put 8 total points into one category. When your skill in blacksmithing is really high you "CAN" craft very good items, but until then u can make comparable items from crafting stuff from common mats, just make a lot of them and separate the amazing, great so on, from the garbage ones.

"You can save all the legendary mats u get and make a item, and  then fail the crafting experiments and get something worse than your common one".

just throwing that out there, might be off a bit, lemme no if I am =)

Edited by conradcolt

Critical Harvest applied to everything but the last hit on the animal / node, when you critically strike a node/mob you will get more than the avg yield. Sounds vague because right now I still have trouble determining if its a critcal strike on a node or just an increased yield on a normal hit due to RNG.

Beneficial Harvest happens on the last hit that the destroys the node / animal, I've found in my travels that Beneficial Harvest Chance on a tool > Critical Harvest Chance on a tool.

No hard data to back this up other than my observations as an avid gatherer.

The way it works is when node destruction happens (At zero) it rolls on the critical hit table to see if you get a crit or not. If you do it then rolls 1+ your critical amount skill as an extra set of rolls, on a special crit table for loot. It is where most of the advanced color comes from depending on the rank of the node.