Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vanilla Wow

rhino

Anyone else a huge fan of Vanilla WoW but can't stand modern day WoW?

I tried the latest expansion (WoD) and they've made so many changes that I simply despise. Things like Garrisons further separate people from others and make WoW feel like a lobby game.

But I was reminiscing today and looking up old Vanilla PvP vids (I absolutely love Vanilla's super hardcore grind PvP system, I made it to rank 12 and it felt very satisfying) and came across this project which really caught my eye and impressed me. It's a free Vanilla WoW server that's apparently mostly done and should be launching soon. I plan to use that as a time killer until I can get my hands on Crowfall!

http://www.kronos-wow.com

Edited by rhino

Yeah.  I loved vanilla.  I played a hunter and did the rank14 grind.  Used to have the 1.0 attack speed cat (Brokentooth) and farm tubers / pvp in Felwood.  It was really fun despite all the wow criticism nowdays.  Here's a movie on made in BC, wish I had vanilla footage though.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo9YzMj64mE

Vanilla WoW was great.

That and Darkfall are my two favorite gaming experiences, but for very different reasons.

Here is hoping that Crowfall is the next. :)

• 3 weeks later...

You guys looking forward to patch 6.1? I mean it could be better but it's got some neat stuff in it so I'm not tripping out about it like a lot of other players are. What server are y'all on?

dancing_gengar_icon__f2u__by_shadowninja

There is actually a finished version of vanilla wow thats already been made. And it has the same population of a normal retail WoW server which is insane..

https://www.wow-one.com/ - there you go :)  (they have a burning crusade server too, which is currently a work-in-progress as not all raids are released yet)

Vanilla/TBC WoW and Darkfall Online were my two favorite MMO's as well. Which is odd because they're almost absolute contrasts to each other.

Edited by Kaminaxus

• 2 weeks later...

Vanilla/TBC WoW and Darkfall Online were my two favorite MMO's as well. Which is odd because they're almost absolute contrasts to each other.

Nothing odd about that considering one is strictly PvP and the other .... is different. I've always enjoyed a variety of MMOs simply because no game has ever covered all my gaming desires.

WoW did have an amazing PvE game before Wotlk.

Edited by Skrofler

TBC and TLK were absolutely amazing. I mean, with TLK Death Knights kinda killed the game but, when there are no DKs to disrupt the game, it's just absolutely amazing. Had so much fun invading Ogrimmar at private servers that I even recorded a few. More than 300 people fighting inside cities was absolutely amazing. Good old times.

EDIT:

Took a look at the website and gonna give it a shot.

I never played Vanilla but will give it a try, though I absolutely love Outland and Black Temple... and that phoenix mount from that raid I forgot the name :s

Edited by BaSkA

“War is mass murder, conscription is slavery and taxation is robbery.” ― Murray N. Rothbard
alGxc9C.png
✣Junte-se a nós✣

Vanilla was the BEST. I stopped playing WoW after the big PvP Patch came out and you could simply buy all the PvP-Items with close to no effort. Started with WotLK again.

If you're talking about PvP, WoW probably hit its PvP skill peak in WoTLK.  With it greatly going downhill near the end of WoTLK and beyond.