Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
karetyr

Improve Your Forum Experience With This One Weird Trick (Spoiler: It's Me)

Hello, hi, heya. Thanks for stopping by and succumbing to your curiosity.

I'm a long-time video gamer, like you. I've played a few MMOs, most notably Star Wars Galaxies (launch to shutdown vet here). Full list at the end of this post.

I write three blogs, co-founded a tabletop RPG company, got mugged by gypsies in a Moscow subway, and had Domino's for dinner tonight.

Occasionally I'll write something clever. Most of the time, I just finger-vomit nonsense into the little text editing boxes.

Oh yeah, and I'm a software engineer.

Glad to meet you.

As promised, list of MMOs played (because I'm bored and have nothing better to do than write an exhaustive list of every MMO I've played for at least 10 minutes):

ArcheAge, Age of Conan, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Everquest 1, Everquest 2, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Neverwinter, Ultima Online, Wizard101, Istaria, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, Age of Wushu, Wakfu, Allods Online, Alganon, Anarchy Online, Asheron's Call 1, APB: Reloaded, Lime Odyssey, Guild Wars 1, Guild Wars 2, City of Heroes/Villains, Champions Online, DC Universe Online, Warhammer Online, Dragon's Prophet, EVE Online, Fallen Earth, Final Fantasy XI, Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, Firefall, Lord of the Rings Online, Mabinogi, Mortal Online, PlaneShift, Priston Tale 1, Ragnarok Online 1, Realm of the Mad God, Regnum Online, Rift, Runes of Magic, Runescape, Ryzom, Second Life, Star Trek Online, TERA, The Repopulation, The Secret World, and Uncharted Waters Online.

I'm currently playing Guild Wars 2 and, occasionally, The Repopulation, mixed in with healthy doses of Team Fortress 2, Tribes Ascend, and Planetside 2.

Formerly Scin Karetyr, a native of Chilastra in Star Wars Galaxies

Welcome man! and thats alot of MMOs, i have also tried aloooot of mmos but im hoping crowfall will be the next one to really grab me for a long time.. 

Welcome man! and thats alot of MMOs, i have also tried aloooot of mmos but im hoping crowfall will be the next one to really grab me for a long time.. 

Aye, that's something I'd like too. I tend to have MMO ADD.

Nice to see another MMO ADD person lol, glad you're proud to be a SWG vet for the entirety of the game, I'd be right with you if I could go back in time.

I hope CF is going to be what we all hope for.

Seeing that you have MMO ADD, those Pax folks are mighty nice and since that community is a multi game community you might fit in, I hope to run across you in game someday.

peace out.

mael4.jpg

Interesting list there... I wasn't even aware Lime Odyssey was playable - when I was following it way back thought it died before even getting published properly. o.o"

Awesome intro!  I was just needing to ask now, which company?!  Here in the upper midwest I'm a big KenzerCo fan and it's always nice to know about other locals... though I guess even Gygax's (PBUH) little side project counts too...

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Wow, I guess I got distracted a bit. Five months later, here's my response.

The game company I helped found and provided all of the art direction for was Silver Gryphon Games. It still exists, and can be found here: http://www.silvergryphongames.com.

Yes, eflow, Lime Odyssey was briefly playable as an English-language alpha. What I played of it was pretty good, thought to be honest, my favorite part of it was the music. Here's a post I wrote about it at the time: https://benovermyer.wordpress.com/2012/03/05/lime-odyssey-nostalgia/