Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sugoi Big World Highlight Reel

Rikutatis

Great Vid! Although i generally dislike lyrics in videos, its not bad in this one.

That first C may be the most important thing to look at.

On his screen he had three people on top on him when he used C....and then suddenly no one was near by him and only one person sort of got hit by it but they were like a good bit out of what should be considered the range.

This pretty much sums up the entire frustration with the preformance in the game and how it effects combat.

Also, how old is this? Im pretty sure i saw tagged names, lol.

Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png

Great Vid! Although i generally dislike lyrics in videos, its not bad in this one.

That first C may be the most important thing to look at.

On his screen he had three people on top on him when he used C....and then suddenly no one was near by him and only one person sort of got hit by it but they were like a good bit out of what should be considered the range.

This pretty much sums up the entire frustration with the preformance in the game and how it effects combat.

Also, how old is this? Im pretty sure i saw tagged names, lol.

Thanks!

Yea, that happened on the Myrm C, but can happen on various other powers as well. As a legio I've had people die in my group because of these weird performance issues, lag spikes, desyncs or whatever. I'll see someone low health, pop C, there's a slight freeze, then the guy dies and my C comes too late. It is frustrating. I think combat will feel amazing when they polish everything and performance becomes smooth. We got a taste of that in later builds of Hunger Dome I guess.

Also, these clips are from various moments in Big World, from earlier builds til recent ones  :)

Seeing some of that re-hashed SP video kind of puts in perspective how performance has actually got worse as new releases come out, as @Vectious pointed out above, myrm hits C with 3 targets in range and hitching/lag makes it (barely) hit only one target. This is the kind of performance that will kill an action-combat game and something I hope ACE can work on improving before more people are given access to the game and get that "heck no" first-impression that makes them not want to come back. 

*To add, I as well as many here can accept the "game's" current state of pre-alpha, but that acceptance isn't the mainstream in the majority of gamers today, unfortunately, and those first impressions are important in this day and age. 

Edited by chodie

Seeing some of that re-hashed SP video kind of puts in perspective how performance has actually got worse as new releases come out, as @Vectious pointed out above, myrm hits C with 3 targets in range and hitching/lag makes it (barely) hit only one target. This is the kind of performance that will kill an action-combat game and something I hope ACE can work on improving before more people are given access to the game and get that "heck no" first-impression that makes them not want to come back. 

*To add, I as well as many here can accept the "game's" current state of pre-alpha, but that acceptance isn't the mainstream in the majority of gamers today, unfortunately, and those first impressions are important in this day and age. 

This worries the poorly made socks out of me too. I get building systems and getting in the game is important and all, but I don't think people understand how important PERFORMANCE is for a large scale pvp game, even more so than a pve game. Part of the problem why warfronts (the big 40v40 siege arena) failed so hard in wildstar was the performance issues and the main reason why I quit the game. Even raids had performance issues.

I was pretty judgemental about camelot unchained development process, but I think they had it right all along. They took the "performance is #1" approach and it seems to be paying off.

Edited by helix

Is it me or can I not view this above 480p?

Yea, I did this as an experiment more than anything, so I just used videos that were already available on youtube instead of raw footage. Quality suffered from it, but there might have been a better way to extract and use those videos that I don't know about. I was just getting a little tired of videos showing entire fights, mostly because of how bad the hitching and lag spikes have become in the last couple builds (plus all the CC and chasing in between action scenes). 

Also @chodie and @helix: I agree. The ACE investment documents seem to mention a summer release / soft launch. I just hope once they have the major systems in place they start to focus really hard on polish and performance. It will totally make or break the game. I would rather they soft launched without all the ATs and features, but with a partial game that is polished, performs well, and isn't filled with bugs. That would cause a much better first impression IMO. 

I agree that performance is important, but I think the performance hits you're seeing is because compared to hunger dome:

1. There are now textures instead of everything grey

2. The area is larger

3. The models are more developed with more animations etc

4. More abilities

5. Crafting is in

TBH it's pointless to spend too much time optimising until at least most of the core systems are roughly done. Because each time a new system is added it will probably mess with the performance.

Yeah, one of those perspectives with Destrin playing the druid actually made the druid seem viable and then I remembered that at some point the mechanics for swapping trays and casting was a lot more fluid. In these recent tests swapping just hasn't worked at all. I wonder what made the performance so much worse.