Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Druid Armor Types - Effects on Dissipate and Stamina

Anthrage

This video shows the impact on stamina that the different armor types have when using the Dissipate Blink power. In the image below you can see a direct comparison as regards the stamina usage and set bonuses:

QNQPBd.jpg

I will redo this test and repost, including the important Skill Training and Equipment Modifier details once I have a clear reference baseline in skills and gear.

(There are two polls that are supposed to go with this but the damn forums don't seem to allow me to post polls, will add them if if it ever does. SMH)

If it is actually possible to decide which set has what bonus, I would very very surprised, but pleased.

if I remember right those set effects are placeholders, eventually we will be able to decide the set bonuses when crafting the gear (including sets for mixed gears I believe as well)

I noticed that as well, while looking deeper into the Armor Tree. I honestly I can't say I understand their thinking, and what their intention, is in upending a system which has been used in such games for...decades. Not saying they don't have one, but the array of classes and abilities does not appear to be balanced, not just in execution, but at the design level. This dysfunctional aspect exists throughout an individual ATs tree, as well as between them and the general trees.

As I said to you last night, they could keep everything the same, but replace all of the ATs and their powers etc with those from Shadowbane, and have a much more logical, consistent and better system. It's downright bizarre in some areas, what they seem to be doing.

This needs to be reworked. It pigeon holes casters completely.

The movement bonuses for plate need looked at too. Why is it the fastest armor once trained? That makes no sense.

This needs to be reworked. It pigeon holes casters completely.

The movement bonuses for plate need looked at too. Why is it the fastest armor once trained? That makes no sense.

Nothing about the armor system makes sense.

If it is actually possible to decide which set has what bonus, I would very very surprised, but pleased.

I believe that was the intention, from the relevant news post:

"The basic idea is that you would collect a particular set of armor pieces (gauntlet A + breastplate B + boot C + helmet D) and then you can enchant that set with a particular interesting spell effect that only triggers when the entire set is worn by a particular character "

Then again, it was written almost a year ago about a system that isn't even in the game at the moment. ;P

Well, it's just nonsensical enough for it to be something they would do. :P 

I believe that was the intention, from the relevant news post:

"The basic idea is that you would collect a particular set of armor pieces (gauntlet A + breastplate B + boot C + helmet D) and then you can enchant that set with a particular interesting spell effect that only triggers when the entire set is worn by a particular character "

Then again, it was written almost a year ago about a system that isn't even in the game at the moment. ;P

• 2 months later...

Has this changed? I was using Dissipate Blink for 4.6 and it was not affecting my Stamina bar at all. I forget what it called the resource that I was out of when attempting to Blink multiple times.

Does anyone know how the resource pool works? Is every Archetype just given two RMB or is there a way to increase that resource pool?

Yes. Blink has been decoupled from Stamina. Currently you simply regenerate 'Dodge Pips, over time. I have noticed there are ways to regenerate them more quickly, depending on how long it has been since it last regenerated, but I do not know if it is possible to get an additional one. I imagine it will be so, but do not know how. to my knowledge every AT at the moment starts out with 2.

7 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

Yes. Blink has been decoupled from Stamina. Currently you simply regenerate 'Dodge Pips, over time. I have noticed there are ways to regenerate them more quickly, depending on how long it has been since it last regenerated, but I do not know if it is possible to get an additional one. I imagine it will be so, but do not know how. to my knowledge every AT at the moment starts out with 2.

If you go back a long way, their early stats included a "Dash" value that was supposed to be used for those. That was replaced by sprint though I believe. Could be that stat will make a come back with the dodge pips.

C4sIZDW.gif