Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Death, respawning and you - Official discussion thread

Pann

Any details on how discipline rune stones and advantages and disadvantage are going to fit into the vessel system?

(obviously both awhile off I assume!)

will promotions only be available for crafted non basic vessels as well?

-

what stops the enemy just camping the two nearest temples indefinitely and your stuck bouncing back and forth?

-

how are you going to handle the start of a CW in terms of everyone spawning at, i assume, multiple initial temples?

not sure how the demand for advanced vessels will go versus the time commitments of both crafting them as well as the user having to heavily train into explore > vessels to use

Edited by Tinnis

The system works and works relatively well, although  those twits who don't read the forums / patch notes before jumping in will have problems when they're killed and go grab a new vessel instead of summoning their existing vessel/gear.  It happened all weekend.

It would be nice to be able to specify a primary respawn temple (ie, your guild's stronghold or whatever), with the option to drop to the nearest (outside 200m).

As things stand, there's the issue of "I was in a Myrmidon Vessel - the nearest temple only has human vessels, and someone looted my existing vessel.  Am I forced to take a human vessel?  Can I use a myrm vessel from my spirit bank even if I'm at a human-only temple?  Can I choose to spawn at a different temple that supports Myrm vessels?"

It's sad for me to see that looting of equipped items is even part of the discussion.  I fully support full inventory loot, but I still think that vessels and disciplines should be safe from looting.  We need permanence for our characters, which is why vessels and discs should be safe.  The other items don't affect our character progression, only the progression of resource gathering.

lUvvzPy.png

It's sad for me to see that looting of equipped items is even part of the discussion.  I fully support full inventory loot, but I still think that vessels and disciplines should be safe from looting.  We need permanence for our characters, which is why vessels and discs should be safe.  The other items don't affect our character progression, only the progression of resource gathering.

Isn't this also tied to ruleset though?

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Currently you have to wait until someone "releases" before you can loot them. Is that intentional?

It doesn't actually work that way.
I was killed by a pair of unpleasant people on Friday, so I left my corpse inhabited and went to the toilet.  When I got back, they had given up looting me, so I released and summoned my corpse.. no items.  So at some point they were able to loot the corpse while I hadn't released.

You can't loot someone immediately if they stay in their corpse (dunno if that's intended or not), but you can at some point.

Looking forward to more about resurrection and how that will work.

I hope you tie it to a discipline or 2 and don't just have it exist as a default option on death. It's too cool and too powerful not to introduce some negotiable scarcity. Maybe give it to all support ATs? Similar to SB healer base class.

edit: add a training node that reduces durability loss greatly when rezed this way.

Edited by coolwaters

Isn't this also tied to ruleset though?

I think that vessels and discs should be safe even in the dregs.

I've posted suggestions that would allow for some, what I think would be fun, game play that would allow harvesting of body parts to help further necromancy; and with that I had added avenues for additional durability decreases.

But I don't think that a vessel should be lost to a player just because they were killed.  While our vessels do have a lot of similarity with ships in EvE, they are not exactly the same.  I never minded losing a ship in EvE because you went to the market and picked up another one; in CF I think that the degree of vessels being different is going to change the scenario slightly where too many players will not like losing their special vessel to a looter.

Now notice I said losing it to a looter, and not to durability.  I think that losing a vessel to durability is fine; but that gives the player time to look for another vessel of the same caliber.

Edited by Teufel

lUvvzPy.png

Since the kickstarter they always stated that looting rules will depend on the campaign you joined.  Dregs, which is full FFA (Or Guild vs Guild), should be full corpse loot (Worn Items, Vessel, Inventory) since that campaign has the highest risk and offers the highest reward.

Official Moderator of the Community Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

(The timer was deemed necessary because while we want players to have a chance at resurrection by their allies, we don’t want anyone to use the tethered spirit crow as an invulnerable “spy” watching enemy activities.)

I am sure you guys have thought of this, but why don't you just not send dead players any player information while they are in the crow unless they standing on or near a temple? Unless maybe they are in your group?  This way they can't be used as spies.  Can something similar be done for buildings, resource spawners and the like so crows can't be used for scouting and exploration purposes as well?

Spawning at the nearest grave yard thing has always bothered me.  It's so predictable. Why not just let us select which graveyard we can spawn at with in a kilometer or two?

Edited by destrin

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Spawning at the nearest grave yard thing has always bothered me.  It's so predictable. Why not just let us select which graveyard we can spawn at with in a kilometer or two?

I agree but I don't think you should be able to choose any graveyard for obvious reasons. I liked Durenthal's suggestion in that you can either select your own city temple (hopefully that is a thing) or the nearest graveyard. At least that way it's not too predictable.

The system works and works relatively well, although  those twits who don't read the forums / patch notes before jumping in will have problems when they're killed and go grab a new vessel instead of summoning their existing vessel/gear.  It happened all weekend.

Twits? Where was it posted that grabbing a new vessel would cause players to lose equipped items and inventory?

IhhQKY6.gif

To avoid Temple camping some possible solutions might be:

• make it a POI we can capture or
  • make it possible guilds/communities can erect a cathedral in their stronghold to use as a spawn point

The suggested stealth mechanic after respawn I don't like. Feels like not solving the problem, but just a quick and nasty fix.

Any info regarding the character slots we got with our Kickstarter pledges? I still have them and waiting for the alternative(s) you guys promised us.

Edited by Caenth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!