Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Fri, January 27 – Mon, January 30 - Bugs, anomalies and tech issues FEEDBACK

Hey all.

Item loss bug - logging out with equipped items and logging back in to discover that I no longer have said items.

Had the same problem today i crafted an advanced staff and when i logout then login the staff was no longer there.

Also some items when transfered to the bank seems that the go "behid" the ones that are allready there instead of stacking,

I had an odd bug with equipped items dropping.

Server: Sorrow (US-Virginia I believe)
Time: ~10pm PST

I got killed by some players, upon attempting to respawn at the vessel choice, my screen glitched out and went mostly white. I ended up having to close the client and restart it, however upon reentering and selecting a vessel, I realized I had 0 gear on me. This is where it gets odd though.

I luckily had basic weapons in my spirit bank, took them out, equipped them. Got killed a bit later and upon respawn I had no equipped items once again. My friend however was nearby and survived this fight, so he looted my corpse for me. When looting my corpse, he recovered 1 item from my first death, and all items from my second death. The items from my second death were able to be dupped though, and he ended up receiving several copies of my basic sword. Just to note as well, when he pulled the sword that belonged to my first death, another sword from the second death took its place upon removing it from the loot.

Sorry if anything is unclear and hope this helps.

Jumped into the test environment for the first time today to putter around on sanctuary crafting for a little bit. I'm impressed, smoother than most beta's I've tested. For what's active at any rate.

I played as a confessor and really just did some basic harvesting. I did run into a couple things though.

I stopped to finish harvesting a stump someone had left. Once it was destroyed collision was still active for the stump.

A boar was stuck in a hillside (I don't think there's ever going to be a game completely free of clipping issues).

The piles of stones around the slag deposits on sanctuary react in an interesting way when harvested. The UI graphic reacts to the front stone, showing full health. The actual harvesting and damage occur to the bottom overlapping stone.

Also and it sounds like this is common (Was on the first page that I skimmed here) The confessor loses forward momentum when jumping. She makes it halfway though what I would expect her arc to be, and then appears to hit and slide down a glass wall. There were a couple places this was rather amusing.

We spend some time gathering Minerals. At least we tried. There is none to be found. We used the potions and hammers granting chance for minerals to maximize the drop chances. Nothing. Nada. No drops. It's certainly not around 20%. They must be ultra rare or even do not exist at all. Never seen a mineral in my entire Crowfall life.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I'd like to confirm tree climbing via Jump is still a thing, just depends on the angle the tree is in.. the more steep the incline is, the harder it is to land on top without nearly falling to your death. Challenge is accepted. (It doesn't fling you up into the tree like it did, so you can't climb ash from what I've seen so far... and I've tried. or at least not into the canopy like the others.)

Essentially how to do it is Oblivion Mountain climbing up the side of a tree.... is how its done.

P.S. Makes a great view while crafting and most people don't look up.

Edited by Kiro

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Some things we tested this week that had issues;

• Mother Lode harvesting is still uninspiring. It doesn't seem to yield anything significantly interesting. We even had the potions popped and after mining 25 of the ore and stone mother nodes I received two rubys and no minerals. I know Blair indicated he was going to look at the mineral drop loot table... look again (or if you didnt have time, look really hard!).

As a result it was impossible to test out anything in Necromancy this week, despite having a good stockpile of Guinecean bodies to do so with (And a ton of additives).
  • One flaw I thought of, the bountiful harvest potion doesn't really seem like it'd have a useful effect on graves. If the number of body parts is capped based on what could realistically be found in a grave (not 15 hands, but capped at 2), then this doesn't seem like it would ever come into play (except perhaps increasing the liklihood that all parts do drop).
  • When mining Mother Lodes, it was possible to "bug" them out on the final hit. Nothing would drop as a result of the final hit. The node would also remain where it was, albeit invisible (as if it went attempting to despawn it, but failed). We were able to replicate this fairly easily over the course of our node-gathering antics at least twice. Could not be certain why it occurs and only on mother lodes. 
  • Would recommend renaming the buff for the mother lode potion to something including mother lode in the buff bar; "exceptional harvesting" blends in with the other buffs names.

• When inviting a player into my party, I was unable to do so because he had a space in his account name. The only fix was for him to invite me. We tried /invite First Last. /invite FirstLast /invite First_Last and none worked.

• If you type a message into any of the known chat channels and put "quotation" marks around them, that portion of the message is deleted. I assume this is to prevent some sort of injection attack, but it is overzealous in its current duties. Please fix this!

• As previously mentioned, Ground Cinnabar was no where to be found. I attempted to grind up all known stone types and was unable to generate it.

• The Duelist is able to teleport from great heights (off of a mountain or cliff) using his burrowed-teleport power, to ground level, without taking fall damage. I like this. Leave it be.

Bugs I have seen this test are:

Crafted armor missing after logging back in.  I had crafted a "Blue" Chest piece and a nice one handed book.  The chest piece was not on my character after logging out and logging int he next day (so much work to see it go missing). and the book only lasted a few hours on my character (logged into another toon on another server and came back to no book).

Take bug i have not seen since last patch so maybe I have been lucky or you all have fixed it.

Edited by Gopher

Bug: Lego Right-Click power says "available" at 50% stamina but can't be used until the bar is full (or somewhat)

Take bug seems fixed.. yay!

I have a space in my user name, and thus am the one causing the bug that Scree mentioned (inviting members to groups). Yay!

Edited by Michael Fedora

"The enemy has found me, Ulic, but the enemy knows only darkness. I know something that enemy does not… I know the Light." ~ Arca Jeth, Star Wars Legends

Mother load harvesting, working as a team.

If one player has pots running, and the other does not, motherloads harvest triggers based on who caused the trigger damage, not the best of both.

Small nodes work on best of both.

Problem with european server. Afther being dead has been impossible resuscitate. The spirit bird is unde on the ground, the screen turns white and the coordinate "Y"  is advanzing towars the infinite, i can not resuscitate, i try log out and do the same all the times. help please.

Bug: I appear to have crafted an unlimited book binding. When input into the crafting recipe it enters fine but does not leave my inventory. I used it to craft several books. Using all blue leather and purple ore green wood and stone I've been unable to craft anything better than a white book. All green materials I produced a green book. I don't know if that's a big or if I just don't understand how to make a better quality book. My friend has more crafting skills so I attempted all blue materials save the green stone and wood, on their toon... Unlimited book binding still unlimited moving it to other account.

At one point my frame got stuck displaying 120 fps. I generally have a high 90s fps standing still, and high 60s during movement. I doubt I was actually getting 120 fps. Though my monitor is set at 120mhz, I suspect the fps counter was just reporting my monitor settings.

Adding another mention of the interrupted crafting leading to an inability to craft bug. Got kicked from Sanctuary in the middle of crafting a One Handed Sword. It consumed the materials, returned nothing, and now I get null returns when attempting to craft anything. Crafting menu animation happens but no resources are consumed and nothing is returned (no Success/Failure message either).

I also experienced the stacking issue when crafting advanced arrows and attempting to equip them. Right-clicking the advanced arrows added them to the quiver stack, but also made them basic arrows. I did not try this in reverse to see if I could have basic arrows become advanced.

I was also able to turn Oak wood into Knotwood in the crafting screen. I placed 5 oak of the 6 required for project into the window and then attempted to drag a knotwood on top. Oak disappeared and the same quantity of wood was now all knotwood in inventory.

Had the same problem today i crafted an advanced staff and when i logout then login the staff was no longer there.

Also some items when transfered to the bank seems that the go "behid" the ones that are allready there instead of stacking,

Plus it happen beside stacking, had some different items hidden behind others in Spirit bank. Had to transfer items to make them show

---------------------

If an item is being drag (e.g. Spirit bank to Inventory) while server reconnection, that item stay put on screen!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/118073956

Please look at the 40 second mark into the video. During the 20 seconds around this mark is when I am transferring items out of my spirit bank into my inventory. You'll notice that I end up right-clicking multiple times on the same square within my spirit bank, unloading multiple items from this single bank slot into my vessels inventory.

I've been able to consistently replicate this. If you send multiples items to the spirit bank with right click from your character inventory in rapid succession, they seemingly get stacked up on the same location.

Most of the errors I indicated in my previous post are somewhere within that two hour video, but I didn't bother to review and markdown the timecode for them. Sorry ... no time to review my own efforts. Also the music I was listening to in the background was copyrighted and Twitch hates that. So you don't get entertaining 90s dance music to listen to while you review it.

edit: @52:44 Blind does not apply to the full window in ultra-widescreen resolutions. It seemingly only covers a normal ratio screen size.

Edited by scree