Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stepping up the frequency - Official discussion thread

Pann

I missed this opportunity. Will there be another?

If you watch the video with markeedragon and ACE, they said to do these you cant talk about them before hand.So unfortunately, if they were planning on doing one you would never know until it popped up. Its the legal requirements unfortunately so they cant do anything about it.

Systems that still need to come online:

• Guild support
  • EKs
  • win conditions
  • ranked parcels
  • building placement
  • disciplines
  • advantages / disadvantages
  • pack animals / caravans
  • mounts
  • Points of Interest (resource dumps)

Any I've missed?  Sieges already exist, just not in this fork.

Right now we have a huge "testing only" headstart in crafting and harvesting, both with potions and the free handout of crafting experiment points and recipes.  I am really curious to see what early CWs will feel like without those things (actually, I think they will have to provide a push in the early CW's.  Maybe potions are 100% of current on day 1, dropping 1% in effectiveness per day for 80 days, then remaining at 20% for 6 months or so).

The two things I'm most interested in are guild support and win conditions.  What about you?

Came up with this list myself:

• Vessel System
  • Gathering Redo
  • UI Overhaul
  • Inventory Rewrite
  • Caravans
  • Buildings
  • Sieging
  • Factories and Crafting Stations
  • Mounts
  • Pets
  • Eternal Kingdoms
  • Remaining Archetypes
  • Remaining Professions /Skilltrees
  • Monsters
  • Guild System
  • Relics & Artifacts
  • Furniture and props
  • Thralls
  • Character Customization
  • Promotions
  • Disciplines
  • Objectives and Win Conditions
  • Seasons
  • Advantages and Disadvantages
  • World Bands

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

It's still quite alot that needs to be done, plus testing and some major bug fixes, and how bout that lag tho.

I don't want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge. I want to play a GAME against PLAYERS, where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose. Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE. Even if i lose, the experience won't feel hollow. I don't want another worthless trophy.

PLAY TO CRUSH

It's still quite alot that needs to be done, plus testing and some major bug fixes, and how bout that lag tho.

I was having some really serious lag in the last test. After restarting my machine, it was 1 million percent better. Maybe it was just something with my machine. I would think that shutting down the game would fix any issues if it were game related, but who knows. Maybe there is a memory leak somewhere and that used memory doesn't get released by restarting the game. I'll have to take a closer look if it happens again.

I hope you guys can hit your Summer 2017 launch date you talked about in the investor webinar. Things do seem to be coming together more quickly now.

Still have the take bug in. With major issues like that still in they cant move to far forward.

As we stand we get 3 -4 days a week we can test now, what is the new 'frequency' supposed to be?  Nearly full up-time except patches, or?

And of course, the follow-up question is...when will this be implemented?

Silly tester...asking silly questions :)

If you watch the video with markeedragon and ACE, they said to do these you cant talk about them before hand.So unfortunately, if they were planning on doing one you would never know until it popped up. Its the legal requirements unfortunately so they cant do anything about it.

Understood, thanks.

Soon we’ll have a new private forum for investors, very similar to the Dev Partners Forum in setup, but with a focus on Investor communications (meaning it will be more company-focused instead of game-focused). 

Glad to hear this, excited to see what 2017 brings  :)

tiPrpwh.png

Money = good.

That said, throwing more resources at problems doesn't always speed things up.  There's a classic analogy about 9 women having a baby in 1 month.  If anything, extra capital gives ArtCraft a longer runway for takeoff.  Instead of paying for more employees, it is usually more effective to fund the current employees for longer.  I predict that the extra money will actually delay the release of Crowfall, but that the quality of the game at launch will increase.  I see that as a good thing.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

Money = good.

That said, throwing more resources at problems doesn't always speed things up.  There's a classic analogy about 9 women having a baby in 1 month.  If anything, extra capital gives ArtCraft a longer runway for takeoff.  Instead of paying for more employees, it is usually more effective to fund the current employees for longer.  I predict that the extra money will actually delay the release of Crowfall, but that the quality of the game at launch will increase.  I see that as a good thing.

Well since Crowfall's launch is in a fugue state and is described nebulous terms we can only say more money is always good for a small independent developer like Ace.

I'm glad they did well and hope the success keeps coming their way!

Systems that still need to come online:

• Guild support
  • EKs
  • win conditions
  • ranked parcels
  • building placement
  • disciplines
  • advantages / disadvantages
  • pack animals / caravans
  • mounts
  • Points of Interest (resource dumps)

Right now we have a huge "testing only" headstart in crafting and harvesting, both with potions and the free handout of crafting experiment points and recipes.  I am really curious to see what early CWs will feel like without those things (actually, I think they will have to provide a push in the early CW's.  Maybe potions are 100% of current on day 1, dropping 1% in effectiveness per day for 80 days, then remaining at 20% for 6 months or so).

The two things I'm most interested in are guild support and win conditions.  What about you?

Banks, vaults, chests and a robust permissions system for item transfers...  HUGE!  

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai