Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rikutatis

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Anyone else excited about this? They said a 2017 release, although I'm not sure if that's a soft launch or not. I'm only interested in the multiplayer game tbh, and they have been really quiet about it, I just really hope the game ships with multiplayer from day 1. 

I was thinking about getting Warband to try those 200 player battle modes with sieges, but decided to wait on Bannerlord instead. 3-6 team  based arenas are fun and all, but I've been craving mass scale siege combat, and Warband/Bannerlord seems to be the only viable option out there (all siege MMOs suck atm). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg

I think 'Of Kings and Men' tried to do something along the lines of a multiplayer campaign mode right? They called it "Epic" or something. I was looking at that title but their soft launch was something of a disaster. They were the guys who did some of the most succesful multiplayer mods for Warband I believe. 

If Crowfall and Bannerlord take too long to come along, I might just get Warband in the meantime. It seems to be pretty cheap these days, even with all the DLC and expansions. 

Initially I was hyped about this. I am huge fan of Warband, although out of these 700 hours, probably 50 would be singleplayer, rest multiplayer. Thing is, I strongly dislike approach of TW how they treat their community, especially with almost non existent updates. E3 was disappointment in terms of whole game footage, and pretty much confirmed my overall feeling about Bannerlord, that whole game is just reskinned Warband, with almost identical mechanics, better graphics and some nice physics. 

Heck even siege mechanics are implemented in Warband for multiplayer (little bit clunky but it works). So what is actually new in Bannerlord? Especially in terms of combat, nothing has changed. I am pretty sure new players will be pleased with whole game, but after all these years of development, what they showed on E3 was really pathetic in terms of new features. 

If you are interested in Bannerlord, just go and buy Warband. Not much of difference, at least from my POV.

PS: as for whole siege thing. AI in singleplayer is horrid, and I am pretty sure its gonna be same in Bannerlord aswell (getting stuck on ladders 24/7). As for MP, it gets little bit more interesting, although learning curve is a bit steep (dont underestimate power of helmet and shield if you dont know how to block). 

Napoleonic Wars feels little bit different, especially combat is more streamlined due to just two directions of attack (unless you  are using saber), although native scene is kinda dead in terms of clan wars, NW population is very healthy. Personally I prefer native but NW is overall DLC that is worth its price.

On top of it there are poorly made socks tons of mods for singleplayer, so you can try these aswell. So yes, if you are interested in Bannerlord, just go ahead and buy Warband. 

rant out

edit: update after few months, just to give TW some credit. Still no release date (already meme in MaB community), but now.. we are getting small updates about team and some mechanics. Which is a bit funny since few months back PR was pretty much non existent from them. At least it's something, and there is still hope that they might redeem themselves. 

Shame that whole hype momentum is dead. Hopefully we will get some release date in near future (would be nice)

Edited by greeper

On 1/25/2017 at 8:43 AM, Vectious said:

I played the crap out of these games, like for hours.

The only expansion i didn't like was when it added bullets and muskets, could get one shot randomly it felt.

Haha, tell me about it.  Pretty realistic though.  Like when playing Day of Infamy and just having your head blown off from an unknown location, or artillery land randomly on your face.  Welcome to modernized warfare!

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

2020 it is then. 

Fingers crossed for how well/badly it will be received by Warband community.

Will be spicy if it's going to be even more s h i t then With Fire & Sword, oh boy... most of the community will probably snap 

cover4.jpg

Edited by greeper