Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For Honor

Healein

There is a For Honor closed beta coming up tomorrow, anyone else get in or maybe interested in the game, It looks pretty fun. I'm kinda going through a mmo dry spell atm so hoping this will hold me over till Crowfall becomes a bit more stable and frequent of browsing or maybe the new wipe for Albion Online hits.

"The For Honor Closed Beta will be live 

from January 26th (3 PM CET) to January 30th (2AM CET) 2017 "

Release date is February 14.

Some gameplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnjqUMb4JAU&t

Edited by krevra

I don't want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge. I want to play a GAME against PLAYERS, where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose. Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE. Even if i lose, the experience won't feel hollow. I don't want another worthless trophy.

PLAY TO CRUSH

I played last beta. It is fun, but something I can see myself getting bored of rather quickly. This is one of those games that are great to get into beta weekends for me, because a beta weekend is about the amount of hours total I want to spend on a game like this.

If you like Mount And Blade Combat you will probably like For Honor. It just gets repetetive fast as its all small scale fights.

P.S. I might have played the poorly made socks out of Mount & Blade so maybe it got boring for me faster cause I feel all those games are just clones of Mount & Blade without being as good.

Edited by Clockwork Orange

Fair enough def worth checking out if you got the beta

I don't want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge. I want to play a GAME against PLAYERS, where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose. Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE. Even if i lose, the experience won't feel hollow. I don't want another worthless trophy.

PLAY TO CRUSH

Just wanted to say, this game is actually pretty hard LOL. I got rekt, If you play fighting games you prob will adapt quickly but actually having to memorize combos is something im not used to even more so in the heat of battle.

PLAY TO CRUSH

LOL, it is. It's pretty fun though. Reminds me a bit of Dark Souls, but with a lot more combos, moves and counters. It can become pretty complex. Sadly 4v4 has been very buggy for me and I can't get the game to start most of the time, it just hangs there in queue. I heard other people are having the same problem. 1v1 and 2v2 work fine. 

This is interesting. Is it an MMO or just an arena style pvp match up game? Mortal Online was actually a pretty fun MMO that had this type of combat and probably would have been decent if they had chosen a better engine. I think this type of combat would get boring pretty quick though without an MMO setting with real conquest and sieging, etc.  

This is interesting. Is it an MMO or just an arena style pvp match up game? Mortal Online was actually a pretty fun MMO that had this type of combat and probably would have been decent if they had chosen a better engine. I think this type of combat would get boring pretty quick though without an MMO setting with real conquest and sieging, etc.  

It's not an MMO. The closed beta is just arena style pvp. Brawls and control point. The live game will have a single player story focused compaign as well, I believe. 

The game seems impacted too much by netcode. 

They use a peer to peer connection instead of dedicated servers. I doubt it'll ever have a very meaningful competitive scene because of that, a shame. The combat is really fun and rewarding. 

• 2 weeks later...