Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
courant101

The eventuality of ACE being acquired

Let ACE get sold, I am not interested into them anymore anyway.

I decided already for myself to only give money to Star Citizen from now.

No games are getting bought anymore. Only in sale for 5 dollar.

Lol. What a troll.

Didn't Riot Games get bought out not too long ago?

Lol. What a troll.

Didn't Riot Games get bought out not too long ago?

Not sure about original ownership, but they are now fully owned by the Chinese, and are part of a company building this atrocity. (No I do not consider the word atrocity a hyperbole)

I stopped playing LoL the second I heard about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHcTKWiZ8sI

giphy.gif

Lupin the third, you got really good taste, if you knew what you picked. Nice!

Great news to me!

Can i have your stuff?

No.

I realize you have some sort of grudge against game companies, but how you can have a beef against ACE while supporting CIG is beyond me.

Why you compare ACE with CIG is beyond me as well.

CIG is going with Star Citizen to the limits and beyond, expanding what is possible today, setting new bars and standards.

Game development, and especially people who love games, can, and most likely will, profit from this extraordinary for the years to come.

This is a game changer, they are going to the limits of game development and of their own ailities, in order to create something thats really what you can call an ambitous game. Because there is no one else on this whole planet around, even just trying to do the same, is what makes gaming so useless and a waste of time and money nowadays.

Because all what the game developers want is your money, but they dont want to make an ambitous game in return, they really just want your money and give you nothing. Just look at all these survival games in early access, the DLC policy, preorder bonus and everything the game developers nowadays do with their customers. Its really disgusting.

The game developers nowadays are money driven, awkward, terrible people, who really dont want to make video games, they even cant make good games. They just dont care, as long as you give them your money, all is fine for them.

Star Citizen is the only noteworthy game project of our time.

If you dont want to play the same games for years all over again and again, with decreasing quality every year, then you have to make something different.

In case you dont share this opinion, just look at video games in general, just a few examples, Bioshock, Mighty No. 9, and even Zelda arent just at the same quality level from years ago, but even much worse and lower quality products than years before.

Game developers never were so unartistic, uncreative, unmotivated, selfish, money hungry and annoying like nowadays.

The quality of the games, and the people making them, are at an all time low point in history.

And thats despite having technologies available which are much further advanced than back then,

But all these new technologies made game development really easy in comparison to before, thats why the developers of today got so lazy, and the games got so bad, because back then in the past they had to work much harder, and what wasnt avaiable in technology, the developers in the past had done far more than good with creativity and artistic quality, which you find in videogames nowadays only in the rarest cases.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

No.

CIG is going with Star Citizen to the limits and beyond, expanding what is possible today, setting new bars and standards.

Game development, and especially people who love games, can, and most likely will, profit from this extraordinary for the years to come.

This is a game changer, they are going to the limits of game development and of their own ailities, in order to create something thats really what you can call an ambitous game. Because there is no one else on this whole planet around, even just trying to do the same, is what makes gaming so useless and a waste of time and money nowadays.

Because all what the game developers want is your money, but they dont want to make an ambitous game in return, they really just want your money and give you nothing. Just look at all these survival games in early access, the DLC policy, preorder bonus and everything the game developers nowadays do with their customers. Its really disgusting.

The game developers nowadays are money driven, awkward, terrible people, who really dont want to make video games, they even cant make good games. They just dont care, as long as you give them your money, all is fine for them.

If you dont want to play the same games for years all over again and again, with decreasing quality every year, then you have to make something different.

In case you dont share this opinion, just look at video games in general, just a few examples, Bioshock, Mighty No. 9, and even Zelda arent just at the same quality level from years ago, but even much worse and lower quality products than years before.

Game developers never were so unartistic, uncreative, unmotivated, selfish, money hungry and annoying like nowadays.

The quality of the games, and the people making them, are at an all time low point in history.

And thats despite having technologies available which are much further advanced than back then,

But all these new technologies made game development really easy in comparison to before, thats why the developers of today got so lazy, and the games got so bad, because back then in the past they had to work much harder, and what wasnt avaiable in technology, the developers in the past had done far more than good with creativity and artistic quality, which you find in videogames nowadays only in the rarest cases.

Oh please, keep your SC proselytization to the "Other games" forum reserved for this kind of thing.  

Don't drag it into a discussion on how ACE is going to eventually trigger an exit strategy.  

It's just in poor taste, and frankly irrelevant.

All I'm going to say in reply to this is that you really don't understand the economics behind these decisions.

This is a game changer, they are going to the limits of game development and of their own ailities, in order to create something thats really what you can call an ambitous game.

Because there is no one else on this whole planet around, even just trying to do the same, is what makes gaming so useless and a waste of time and money nowadays.

Urahara I agree with you on many of the points you make, however I'm confident there are still a large number of studios that care about creating innovative and high quality games. It may just be that the ones we hear the most about are those that have the largest marketing budget and are pushed by people who care about the profit first and foremost. Hundreds of indie studios are out there trying to create novelty and push boundaries with new tech or design, it's just harder to find them than the clones continually advertised on the web. 

Edited by courant101

All I'm going to say in reply to this is that you really don't understand the economics behind these decisions.

All I'm going to reply is that there is a huge difference between the 2 intentions:

I want to make great videogames and earn money with it.

or

I want to make much money and I gonna do this by making videogames, because gamers are stupid and buy unfinished products and DLC.

You know Urahara, i don't know you much. But i know you a little. The only thing i am wondering about is why you still bother yourself with posting in this forum. No offense meant.

You are obviously not happy with this game and company. Not that you ever have been - you are just a natural born sceptic (and that's completely ok). But you have reached the final level of disconentment -- the one that seems to offer no way back anymore (and that's ok either).

ACE said right from the beginning, that this game won't be for everybody. They told us about the risks and that we have to decide if we want to take these risks and pledge, or not. If you did pledge, and you did, you did take this risk. You may not have been fully aware of all this risk means. But the probability of personal satisfaction was uncertain right from the start. Even because of the many participating people alone; everybody searching for something different. And this includes all the possible types of demand -- be it how a specific archetype should feel, how crafting works, how playable the tests are, when the game will be published, how ACE communicates or whatever. It is very unlikely that even one person is 100% happy. It's nearly impossible. Especially if the company is small. In such cases it is always some kind of mixed calculation. Both for the company and the players.

I can understand that you are not happy. I read a lot of your arguments and i can admit that some of them base on reasonable points. I am not completely happy either. Who could be? But that's how such things are.

I am convinced that if we don't like something, we should decide wether we want to help as much as possible to make things better, or if we just leave. There certainly are more possibilities, like just staying and bearing whatever may come or just making as much damage as we can before we leave. But in my opionion those are the worst ways ... for every side.

So, what are you trying to express with your posts in the last weeks and where are you really heading? For if one thing is clear, it is that there is a decision for you to make, because there is still a connection between you and crowfall. And i believe, frankly, you either have to grab it and climb up again or to finally let go. For the best of both of you, you and Crowfall.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

It may indeed be a lack of common sense on my side, I was under the impression that Todd and Gordon were committed to keep control over the studio and the "vision" of Crowfall for a long long time. That's what I had understood from their communications. It's only recently (Indiegogo comments) that I've seen them talk about the eventuality of being acquired, and it seems they have been talking about that a lot in the last two months, so my alarm bell ringed.  :)

Money is money.

If someone says they wouldn't sell, they haven't been offered enough and or they already have enough that it isn't a concern. My guess is ACE and owners aren't in that position entirely.

From the start, I believe they had the intention of growing ACE and CF wouldn't be their only product. This thread is full of what ifs and the number of possible outcomes makes it rather pointless.

Hopefully the team sees it through and regardless of who owns the rights or whatever, their vision continues for a good while.

At this point, they need to produce something worth playing. An unfinished game owned/controlled by ACE or my neighbor are equally useless to me. 

Not sure what "time" you are part of, but I personally have little interest in SC. Maybe years from now when it launches we'll all bask in its glory, but as is, just another niche product.

You posting here about how great it is doesn't do you or it any favors.

To each their own.

No.

The more recent alpha demos of Star Citizen look beautiful and very immersive, but all these claims you make about SC as the Christ of gaming is pure fanboy hyperbole. Star Citizen is so far from being the most creative gaming project of all time as you put it. Sure, some of the tech they are making to create seamless star systems and transitions from space to planets is innovative and interesting (but tbh not completely unheard of, see No Man's Sky). That'll make for a very immersive experience. What else? One big universe made up of countless instanced servers (again, not unheard of, ESO uses a similar system). But the actual gameplay, when you boil it down to the basics, is nothing new at all. Just go around mining stuff in space, doing missions, trading and sometimes fighting other players. That's about it. For a PVPer like myself I actually consider the gameplay experience offered by Crowfall far more unique and innovative. No other MMO has provided this type of PVP experience before. That's not to say I have 100% faith Crowfall will be what it wants to be. Hopefully it will, but I'm not about to start a cult over it, is all. I think this video is pretty fair in its assessment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHUbzzKJXBc

What I really wanted to play was EverQuest Next anyway. But that got sold and cancelled.

Star Citizen is another very interesting project, and its the only thing happening in gaming thats capable of changing something, to get the industry out of this frozen, lazy, selfish state of unawareness and boredom.

Sequel after sequel of the same franchises, and all this crap. The total economization of videogames since the end of the 90's was the slow death for good videogames. Its the dark age of gaming.

If you really think the games nowadays are good quality, you got no idea, they are miles or even worlds away of what would be possible.

The AI in videogames is decades behind the AI of other industries. And the ambition of the developers nowadays evolves around money, not gaming or quality products.

Also I am talking about the potential of Star Citizen, not that it would already be a great experience. But it got the potential to possibly be in the future.

And what you dont get is that the potential of Crowfall is already been determined and decided by now to over 80%.

Thats meaning that Crowfall got low potential by now to ever become something noteworthy, it will be decent or acceptable at best. But not really good, not to say great or amazing.

If you got this many problems and difficulties already with the basic game design, the game wont ever come very far. You can see this with all the games around, just mention some MMOs and you will see that clearly. There isnt such a game, MMO or not, that got heavy difficulties, problems and delays in development and became a great product in the end, there just isnt such a thing existing, because its very very unlikely.

And Crowfall isnt that complex and difficult kind of concept that should industry veterens give such a hard/tough time.

And industry veterans should also be very aware of lost and determined potential of games in their development and lifecycle.

Edited by Urahara

What I really wanted to play was EverQuest Next anyway. But that got sold and cancelled.

Star Citizen is another very interesting project, and its the only thing happening in gaming thats capable of changing something, to get the industry out of this frozen, lazy, selfish state of unawareness and boredom.

Sequel after sequel of the same franchises, and all this crap. The total economization of videogames since the end of the 90's was the slow death for good videogames. Its the dark age of gaming.

If you really think the games nowadays are good quality, you got no idea, they are miles or even worlds away of what would be possible.

The AI in videogames is decades behind the AI of other industries. And the ambition of the developers nowadays evolves around money, not gaming or quality products.

And this rant adds to the conversation exactly what?

If I want to listen to near incoherent bitching I'll go poke a purple haired SJW.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

You guys really dont understand it.

Due to ACE being estimately almost a year late in development, they dont have time to put all kinds of stuff into the game until soft launch, and softlaunch is already been done because they are really late and behind in development.

If you are crowdfunded or not doesnt count, you just have to deliver something of a certain quality in a certain amount of time, thats how things work.

And if you dont there isnt some magical way around simple facts that come with delays.

Developers surely arent working for you for free and people will not support you forever for no results being made in development.

And if you are at the stage of development where Crowfall is, where it should have been released or at least in Open Beta already, and all you can do is run around on very unoptimized servers and have some broken combat and grindy harvesting/crafting, thats really much less than where it should be. And there is so much left, and this little time left, or gone by already, this is just not good for the potential or lifecycle of the game.

Edited by Urahara

You guys really dont understand it.

Due to ACE being estimately almost a year late in development, they dont have time to put all kinds of stuff into the game until soft launch, and softlaunch is already been done because they are really late and behind in development.

If you are crowdfunded or not doesnt count, you just have to deliver something of a certain quality in a certain amount of time, thats how things work.

And if you dont there isnt some magical way around simple facts that come with delays.

Please ... just ... stop ... posting.

Proselytizing SC, the king developer of feature creep and delay in our time, and then trying to drag ACE down for a much more marginal delay, is beyond the pale.

FYI, I support SC, and understand their delays, but really this is throwing stones in a glass house in the extreme.

What's ironic is this.  If SC succeeds I get a game, if ACE succeeds, I get a paycheck.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken