Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
courant101

The eventuality of ACE being acquired

I remember very good that ACE stated in late 2016, that people would be or they want them to be able to participate in something or to have a game experience thats very close to what the final vision for the game is or will be. Something along those lines. Something, some kind of experience, thats close to the final product.

And this wouldnt be a problem by itself, but this just isnt anywhere where Crowfall is even now. Its not like this kind of state of game development would be right around the next corner, or the corner after that, or the corner after that one.

And no, this Big World testing isnt anywhere near something like the final product. And it got nothing to do with small campaign world testing either.

Its just a map where you can have broken combat and grinding/gathering resources and craft. Thats basically just an open world where you can run around in and use some very unbalanced and unpolished combat skills, and gather and craft.

All very basic and nothing great at all after 2 years in development. You can go at any kind of game in early access and have an experience like this or better. There are a thousand games in development/early access like this nowadays. And most of them are in that kind of state for years until they get cancelled.

Firefall for that case, was in Beta Hell as well, but managed to make it to a final release state, and was a fun experience to be had. It changed very much during development, in the end the gameplay was really a great experience, combat and movement and sll that were really awesome, some of the best to ever be had. The game had really lots of potentials, and it was really fun to play it, but in the end, the overall game concept/design, was just that one of a theme park. And after you have seen everything for the second time, leveled your second character to max level, to the final end game, there just wasnt any fresh/new experience to be had anymore. You just had seen it all and played the game through two times. So it just like a normal game in the end which got an ending and you move on to something new after that.

Everquest Next would have been different from that with its advanced AI technology, it was some kind of innovative sandbox MMO.

Crowfall was designed around the World vs World (massive PvP) you come to know from games like Guild Wars 2, TESO, DaoC.

This got potential for long time motivation on its own, to be interesting for a longer time period, unlike themepark MMOs.

It would be possible and needed to get this kind of game concept (WvW or massive PvP) to the next stage of evolution, with the technologies available today (SpatialOS).

But if you have massive problems with the basic game development already, this just isnt possible anymore, and the potential of the game decreases drastically.

To the point where all the potential that is left for the game, is to be an improved version of the WvW to be had in GW2 or TESO.

I want/wanted Crowfall to be more than that.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Lupin the third, you got really good taste, if you knew what you picked. Nice!

No.

Why you compare ACE with CIG is beyond me as well.

CIG is going with Star Citizen to the limits and beyond, expanding what is possible today, setting new bars and standards.

Game development, and especially people who love games, can, and most likely will, profit from this extraordinary for the years to come.

This is a game changer, they are going to the limits of game development and of their own ailities, in order to create something thats really what you can call an ambitous game. Because there is no one else on this whole planet around, even just trying to do the same, is what makes gaming so useless and a waste of time and money nowadays.

Because all what the game developers want is your money, but they dont want to make an ambitous game in return, they really just want your money and give you nothing. Just look at all these survival games in early access, the DLC policy, preorder bonus and everything the game developers nowadays do with their customers. Its really disgusting.

The game developers nowadays are money driven, awkward, terrible people, who really dont want to make video games, they even cant make good games. They just dont care, as long as you give them your money, all is fine for them.

Star Citizen is the only noteworthy game project of our time.

If you dont want to play the same games for years all over again and again, with decreasing quality every year, then you have to make something different.

In case you dont share this opinion, just look at video games in general, just a few examples, Bioshock, Mighty No. 9, and even Zelda arent just at the same quality level from years ago, but even much worse and lower quality products than years before.

Game developers never were so unartistic, uncreative, unmotivated, selfish, money hungry and annoying like nowadays.

The quality of the games, and the people making them, are at an all time low point in history.

And thats despite having technologies available which are much further advanced than back then,

But all these new technologies made game development really easy in comparison to before, thats why the developers of today got so lazy, and the games got so bad, because back then in the past they had to work much harder, and what wasnt avaiable in technology, the developers in the past had done far more than good with creativity and artistic quality, which you find in videogames nowadays only in the rarest cases.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You guys really dont understand it.

Due to ACE being estimately almost a year late in development, they dont have time to put all kinds of stuff into the game until soft launch, and softlaunch is already been done because they are really late and behind in development.

If you are crowdfunded or not doesnt count, you just have to deliver something of a certain quality in a certain amount of time, thats how things work.

And if you dont there isnt some magical way around simple facts that come with delays.

Developers surely arent working for you for free and people will not support you forever for no results being made in development.

And if you are at the stage of development where Crowfall is, where it should have been released or at least in Open Beta already, and all you can do is run around on very unoptimized servers and have some broken combat and grindy harvesting/crafting, thats really much less than where it should be. And there is so much left, and this little time left, or gone by already, this is just not good for the potential or lifecycle of the game.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Okay, so I'm not gonna bother addressing every hilarious and baseless claim you've made, but I WILL remind you that in 2012, Star Citizen promised a launch date by the end of 2015, and they also said they would be able to do that if they hit 6 million dollars. Instead, though, they ninja-edited their ToS during one of the periodic updates. I assume from your nonsense that you don't read ToS updates and didn't notice this change. I'm a backer. You're a fanboy. This is the difference.

Also, the idea that just because SC is being built on a scale of size currently not seen in AAA video games means that CIG is the only studio pushing the boundaries of gaming implies that size is everything. From that line of reasoning, I made some...somewhat less relevant conclusions. But Crowfall is focused more on the content of the game and how it works than the appearance. They wrote some articles about it, even. :)

Edit: By the way, that last paragraph? I was implying that you're compensating for something. Wink wink nudge nudge. In case you didn't catch that. NUDGE NUDGE WINK WINK.

Edit 2: I removed this edit because while the post and the first edit were by me, a friend is reading over my shoulder and stole my keyboard for the second edit. This is edit 3.

Edited by goose

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

Basically, all I am saying is just that if things keep to progress like this, Crowfall wont be able to live up to expectations.

There needs to be some progress being made very much.

Crowfall isnt that complex and huge project to make, where there should be this many problems approaching.

If thats so terrible, well,  I dont know.

Edited by Urahara

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Okay, so I'm not gonna bother addressing every hilarious and baseless claim you've made, but I WILL remind you that in 2012, Star Citizen promised a launch date by the end of 2015, and they also said they would be able to do that if they hit 6 million dollars. Instead, though, they ninja-edited their ToS during one of the periodic updates. I assume from your nonsense that you don't read ToS updates and didn't notice this change. I'm a backer. You're a fanboy. This is the difference.

Also, the idea that just because SC is being built on a scale of size currently not seen in AAA video games means that CIG is the only studio pushing the boundaries of gaming implies that size is everything. From that line of reasoning, I made some...somewhat less relevant conclusions. But Crowfall is focused more on the content of the game and how it works than the appearance. They wrote some articles about it, even. :)

Edit: By the way, that last paragraph? I was implying that you're compensating for something. Wink wink nudge nudge. In case you didn't catch that. NUDGE NUDGE WINK WINK.

Edit 2: I removed this edit because while the post and the first edit were by me, a friend is reading over my shoulder and stole my keyboard for the second edit. This is edit 3.

I didnt quote that on purpose for your own good, I am way too kind to people like you I guess, no need to thank me.

You would have been getting a number of warning points at least.

I still could call a moderator, they can see the history of posts. I wont.

Edited by Urahara

People who like gaming attacking each other...

Very nice.

How could any kind of person take this crowd of customers for full, if they are this kind of a scattered bunch.

Is it the passion people are having for this hobby, or what is it, that lets them be mean with any kind of person criticising something on this topic surrounding games they like.

Edited by Urahara

People who like gaming attacking each other...

Very nice.

How could any kind of person take this crowd of customers for full, if they are this kind of a scattered bunch.

Is it the passion people are having for this hobby, or what is it, that lets them be mean with any kind of person critizising something on this topic surrounding games they like.

I get the impression that you live a very sheltered life and also have never visited the forums for Star Citizen, which you keep using as the gold standard.

Also, if I get a warning point for letting my friend have my keyboard, I won't be able to claim I didn't earn it. I probably could have stopped him from hitting the Done button if I'd tried harder. But uh. Warning point well-deserved if it happens, I say. :P

You are *awfully* invested in this argument for someone who says he doesn't care every page.

Edit: for the record, the unedited second post was up for less than 30 seconds. You must be babysitting this thread like a champ. What's the goal, again?

Edited by goose

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

Crowfall isnt that complex and huge project to make, where there should be this many problems approaching.

My H and A buttons are getting tired, so just imagine that I used them a bunch right here.

I get the impression that you live a very sheltered life and also have never visited the forums for Star Citizen, which you keep using as the gold standard.

Also, if I get a warning point for letting my friend have my keyboard, I won't be able to claim I didn't earn it. I probably could have stopped him from hitting the Done button if I'd tried harder. But uh. Warning point well-deserved if it happens, I say. :P

You are *awfully* invested in this argument for someone who says he doesn't care every page.

Edit: for the record, the unedited second post was up for less than 30 seconds. You must be babysitting this thread like a champ. What's the goal, again?

People like you, who treat people like that, arent worth anything   :)

People like you, who treat people like that, arent worth anything   :)

Irony.

You seem to think that Crowfall is some simple project that could be finished in a couple of weeks by a team of inexperienced coders, and you've spent several hours in the Crowfall forums talking poorly made socks about the entire dev team and also insulting the community at large, based on what is clearly and demonstrably a lack of knowledge on your part.

In other words, you are talking out your ass and using that ass-talkery to, quite literally, insult the entirety of the Crowfall community, from the dev team down.

But yeah, *I'm* [one of those guys who insults people]. Fair enough. But don't act like you haven't gone out of your way to earn it.

Crowfall was designed around the World vs World (massive PvP) you come to know from games like Guild Wars 2, TESO, DaoC.

This got potential for long time motivation on its own, to be interesting for a longer time period, unlike themepark MMOs.

It would be possible and needed to get this kind of game concept (WvW or massive PvP) to the next stage of evolution, with the technologies available today (SpatialOS).

But if you have massive problems with the basic game development already, this just isnt possible anymore, and the potential of the game decreases drastically.

To the point where all the potential that is left for the game, is to be an improved version of the WvW to be had in GW2 or TESO.

I want/wanted Crowfall to be more than that.

You seem to be too concerned about games having to use experimental edgy technologies in order to be worthwhile. Voxel maps or physics that simulate a planet's atmosphere. None of that matters. What matters is that a game is fun and engaging. Crowfall is supposed to be a PVP game. I'll take stable server performance over fancy voxels any day of the week. Because that's at the core of a fun pvp experience. Having worlds with victory conditions that can be "won" and then reset to avoid the stagnation of every single PVP MMO out there is much more innovative than some voxel gimmick to me. Is it going to work? We'll see. 

Irony.

You seem to think that Crowfall is some simple project that could be finished in a couple of weeks by a team of inexperienced coders, and you've spent several hours in the Crowfall forums talking poorly made socks about the entire dev team and also insulting the community at large, based on what is clearly and demonstrably a lack of knowledge on your part.

In other words, you are talking out your ass and using that ass-talkery to, quite literally, insult the entirety of the Crowfall community, from the dev team down.

But yeah, *I'm* [one of those guys who insults people]. Fair enough. But don't act like you haven't gone out of your way to earn it.

If thats not your imagination, please show me my insulting posts, which you interpret as an insult.

For talking about the SC forums being bad, you sure doing it here not any bit better, you know?! If you would be honest, you would see that.

Criticism isnt an insult, you know?

I also was criticising on the SC forums, and didnt get that much in return of offending and attacking.

Oh and please greet that friend of yours from me next time you see him in the mirror. 

Edited by Urahara

If thats not your imagination, please show me my insulting posts, which you interpret as an insult.

For talking about the SC forums being bad, you sure doing it here not any bit better, you know?! If you would be honest, you would see that.

Criticism isnt an insult, you know?

I also was criticising on the SC forums, and didnt get that much in return of offending and attacking.

I've said everything I have to say on the subject of your literal insults directed toward the community and your implicit insults directed toward the dev team.

If you want to pretend to have the moral high ground, why not propose some solutions and stop whining and being argumentative? Sniping at me - ME - and claiming to be correct and not-a-hooligan isn't going to do much for your credibility.

You seem to be too concerned about games having to use experimental edgy technologies in order to be worthwhile. Voxel maps or physics that simulate a planet's atmosphere. None of that matters. What matters is that a game is fun and engaging. Crowfall is supposed to be a PVP game. I'll take stable server performance over fancy voxels any day of the week. Because that's at the core of a fun pvp experience. Having worlds with victory conditions that can be "won" and then reset to avoid the stagnation of every single PVP MMO out there is much more innovative than some voxel gimmick to me. Is it going to work? We'll see. 

I said that this isnt a core feature for me, and that I am fine with that not making it into the game.

I've said everything I have to say on the subject of your literal insults directed toward the community and your implicit insults directed toward the dev team.

If you want to pretend to have the moral high ground, why not propose some solutions and stop whining and being argumentative? Sniping at me - ME - and claiming to be correct and not-a-hooligan isn't going to do much for your credibility.

I dont have nor do I see the urgent need to work towardy any kind of credibility towards people not being able to deal with opinions that are different from their own.

I am doing nothing else than comparing ACE with their own standards they set.

I remember clearly how at the beginning of the crowdfunding Mr. Blair talked about, when he hears of a new MMO, he always askes, what the references are of the people making it. And that these new developers will make all these thousands failures, which they at ACE already know about and can avoid. Because they are industry veterans.

So I thought, thats high talking, but if thats like they state it, game development is in good hands and will progress nicely.

Courant could give you all the quotes considering small campaign world testing mentioned in Founders Update somewhere in 2016, or voxel based destruction of terrain and buildings. I wont go look it all up.

Yes, I am not saying they have to do or fulfill what they are saying, I just say how things are...

It seems to me like it's how it happened, I haven't checked the announcements but that's how I remember it roughly. Since we know why the delays happen though it's easier for us to understand and accept those delays imo. They worked longer than expected on combat to get it right and to make sure it feels great / is fun. They worked longer on destruction of structures so the performances get better. They worked longer on animations because of some of the changes made (power prediction, 8-directions movement (backward, strafing...), animation lock / root motion / body split, etc.). They worked longer on back-end server tech to improve performances. And so on.

At this point they could have decided to scrap structure destruction entirely, told us that the combat is "satisfying", turn the game into a 20vs20 MOBA, etc. and rush Crowfall out as quickly as possible to cash in on Steam, like so many other projects have done. Instead they're still working hard to bring their original vision to the backers as promised, even though it's a lot more difficult than they expected.

I can understand the disappointment but I think it's important to remember that ACE is visibly doing all they can to fulfill their promises and the original vision. It's not like they're not trying. They're selling parts of their company they took time and effort to build so they get enough funding to pay their developers' salaries. I fail to see what ACE could have done differently to please their supporters.

Did you even read my post.

"Small scale Campaign" is the Big World which is being tested now. Voxels are still part of the plan, nothing has indicated otherwise.

Sorry can't just make a bunch of statements and not back them up.d

The mini campaigns (Throne War module) as revealed in this news are a bit different than what is available now. (more details)

The solution used in Siege Perilous for wall destruction does not rely on voxels afaik.

[...] As to Courants, passive aggressive quote listing OP, I had a fairly detailed argument with him when he came in the channel. The idea that any game maker, makes games purely because of the love of making games is silly to me. Of course making money comes into this artform at some point. People need to eat.

What I remember about our argument Courant, is that its not so much the desire to make money that bothered you, but to the degree of money they might accept in exchange for continuing making games as ACE. I get it, you want someone dedicated to a game, irregardless of the business side. [...]

There are plenty of different reasons for developers to make games. Some of them I'm sure do it purely because of the love of making games.

I have however not said, nor do I think, that ACE is creating Crowfall purely because of the love of making games.

Here's what was written (public discussion on Discord):

francisbaud

imo ACE is talking a lil bit too much about the eventuality of the studio being acquired =/

hopefully the game gets fully launched before it happens

[Obsidian] Scree

yea i didnt really understand why they allowed the conversation to go that way

if you are referring to the markeedragon one

francisbaud

That and also all the answers on indiegogo page

*replies to users comments

[Obsidian] Scree

i mean, thats what investors want to know

at what point do we make money

so its honest

and probably truthful

francisbaud

I think before indiegogo it was never mentioned that they had any intention of selling the studio if they had a fabulous offer or anything like that

[Obsidian] Scree

I don't know of any mmo company issuing dividends

francisbaud

and recently they keep talking about it

[Obsidian] Scree

i think its necessary because of the framing of how that title 3 raise works

but its a valid concern

francisbaud

Yea I also thought it was just so potential investors get in

however now with the interview, not so sure

[Obsidian] Scree

I mean, no ones going to acquire them, to their own point, at this early stage

francisbaud

Why?

[Obsidian] Scree

and they have a personal reputation involved

no ones going to back them again, if they sell out early before delivering on their personal visions for CF

francisbaud

Well wolfpack got acquired by Ubi in the past

[Obsidian] Scree

why do you think Brad McQuaid's Pantheon didn't get kickstarted?

francisbaud

I mean the rights to the game(edited)

[Obsidian] Scree

he has an absolutely awful reputation in the industry, and its not a fluke that he failed.

despite having the Everquest vanilla pedigree behind him 

they wont want to risk that

francisbaud

Maybe it's a lot more difficult than they thought to create CF

so they think about that idk

Todd seems a bit burned out

to me at least

[Obsidian] Scree

oh i dont think they are actively looking, to their point again, if they look themselves they command a far lower price

and publishers trying to pick up an mmo ? that seems far fetched right now as well 

their aren't any major studios even developing an mmo right now, that we know of anyways.

francisbaud

publishers don't care too much about the kind of game it is, as long as it's profitable

there are tons of mmos being serviced by publishers 

probably like hundreds 

so it's not something uncommon

[Obsidian] Scree

right, and a game thats barely a game, hasn't proved itself to be profitable by any stretch 

isn't going to be acquired by anyone

francisbaud

games get acquired anyway, because they're profitable in the long run

[Obsidian] Scree 

i understand the concern, but its a stretch to think this is anything more then wishful hoping at this point by them

and they framed the answers like that in MarkeeDragon interview

francisbaud

my concern is that they may wish to be acquired, not that they have concrete plans

I thought they wanted to create other titles after Crowfall

and operate Crowfall for a long time

[Obsidian] Scree

oh of course, its a goal from most people who make a product

francisbaud

add new expensions or idk

[Obsidian] Scree

if they get bought out, it means they are potentially very rich

francisbaud

I thought they were going to own ACE for a long long while

[Obsidian] Scree

so of course thats a goal 

you don't launch a company to NOT make money  ;) 

I don't think its unreasonable for them to be working on this project, with one of their goals being to make themselves money. 

they dont have to be saints dedicated to improving the genre, and making gamers lives fuller ;p

francisbaud

They can make money from the games they're hosting and developing

[Obsidian] Scree

yea, but thats work

if you had a choice of working for the next 3 years 

or getting a lump sum right now and not working 

which would YOU chose?

francisbaud

I think you're putting a little bit too much emphasis on the money

[Obsidian] Scree 

or 4 years, or 5 years, whatever it may be

I just live in the real world 

they are entrepreneurs

francisbaud

and disregarding all other stuff like the benefits of owning a company, of creating games, reputation, etc.

[Obsidian] Scree

not mmo delivering angels

again, thats a personal opinion. You'd find it more valuable to have all of those things

they might be different from you and i, and have a mix of those

francisbaud

What I say is that if Crowfall works and they still own ACE, they will have great benefits, financial and others

[Obsidian] Scree

potentially(edited)

I don't disagree with you

just saying, you and i might think and feel differently then they do

they might want a pay-day

they invested a ton of their own money into the project

francisbaud

Yea, unless they believe (present tense) that CF is not going to be profitable 

for whatever reasons

[Obsidian] Scree

ahhh so you think at this point, they've discovered the interest level for CF has declined so much, that they can't bilk people for more money? so dump it now?

i dont see it that way

francisbaud

It's not about the interest, it's about the cost of development 

and how much money it would take to make profit in the end

[Obsidian] Scree

which has clearly escalated

francisbaud

(pay for the whatever ten millions it cost to create CF)

[Obsidian] Scree

well they've paid for development already

i mean, they aren't in debt, that I'm aware of

francisbaud

not really no, they've sold shares of their company

[Obsidian] Scree

thats not debt really

francisbaud

which is different than making profit

[Obsidian] Scree

thats just diffusing ownership stake

wholly different then debt, which you'd be forced to pay interest on and repay

they are under no obligation to repay investors

francisbaud

Yea but it's not really what I'm talking about

[Obsidian] Scree 

investors have ownership, not a bond

francisbaud

I'm saying that since the development cost a lot, in the end the profit is going to be lesser than what they may have expected

[Obsidian] Scree

its likely if the game does well, they'll offer to rebuy the investor shares

well, the nice thing about MMOs its potentially a decade worth of revenue stream

even a minor success can blossom into multi-million dollar revenue stream

francisbaud

Ok so they should keep owning the company and pay themselves good salaries then  :D

[Obsidian] Scree

they should, but hey, look at the EVE Online model

its been out 13 years

and rumors were circulating in the last 70 days or so that someone was offering a buyout of 1billion usd

francisbaud 

yea, well EVE is one of the most reputable space game and has a large, loyal player base / subscribers

[Obsidian] Scree

but THAT exactly is what they are trying to build here

itll take time, and I didn't get the sense they were immediately looking to cash out

francisbaud

Agreed, and my point was "why" this sudden change in communications

They basically never say a word about selling ACE, they talk about CF being the flagship of the company and give the impression they'll be there for a long time

then recently they keep talking about the eventuality of being acquired

[Obsidian] Scree

oh, again i think its entirely about the fact that Title 3 required them to be more public with answers we typically wouldn't see

few companies publicly talk about this side of the business in front of their potential buying-public

so its an odd discussion to be privy to as someone interested in playing their products, that is absolutely true(edited)

francisbaud

true that, and it's maybe an opportunity to let us know so we don't go full-fustilarian [<rofl this forum filter] if/when they announce something like that

and they could always says "oh but we talked about it"

[Obsidian] Scree

yea, though to be fair, most companies don't discuss when they are about to be bought out

its usually "hey we sold out, bye guys!"

francisbaud

Most companies aren't crowdfunded / open-development either

[Obsidian] Scree

that too

francisbaud

If you do that without saying a word in crowdfunding, it's RIP

[Obsidian] Scree 

I was concerned when they started that title 3 indiegogo campaign, that todd mentioned the title would take 12 million to make

an uptick of 50% over the original budget 

and us as backers, haven't heard this new number or escalation in costs in any communication

francisbaud

*100% over lol

[Obsidian] Scree 

if it wasnt for title 3, we wouldn't have learned this. 

8million was roughly what they estimated 

its up to 12

francisbaud 

no, 6 millions was what they announced afaik

[Obsidian] Scree 

i think they gave it in terms of anywhere from 6 to 8

francisbaud 

that's what was mentioned in the Budget thread of GW anyway

[Obsidian] Scree 

yea, that number has moved a lot

francisbaud 

6 millions, there was no mention of 8

francisbaud-Last Wednesday at 12:03 PM

the 8 million just appeared out in the wild

[Obsidian] Scree

regardless, way over budget  ;) 

francisbaud-Last Wednesday at 12:03 PM 

yea

[Obsidian] Scree-Last Wednesday at 12:03 PM 

and the first we hear of it, was title 3 

thats a shame

francisbaud

well thats just an estimate 

they have no idea, nobody has an idea lol

[Obsidian] Scree 

i mean if they were running over budget, its something we should have been told about(edited)

francisbaud

mmo development now is like that, every small things make the budget bump 

just fixing the damn bugs 

it's so long lol 

dev time is costly

Edited by courant101

Btw we could always buy ACE!

10,000 backers * $1,000 = $10,000,000  :P

That's what we discussed some time ago.

I am very very much for that solution.

Why giving people in crowdfunding so much money always, when most often what they do is take the money and run.

Why dont we found our own company, instead of trusting and hoping always for others to make the game we want.

So we have much more security, faith, control and influence. We would know that the company wouldnt get bought or so.

And we could hire the devs we want and make the games we want.

Why dont we all crowdfund such a company to make great games?

The gaming industry is the biggest crowdfunding industry.

So why still relying on others and get disappointed if we can act ourselves?

Lets crowdfund a crowdfunding company for making crowdfunded games!   :)

You gamers sure a funny weird crowd.

That's what we discussed some time ago.

I am very very much for that solution.

Why giving people in crowdfunding so much money always, when most often what they do is take the money and run.

Why dont we found our own company, instead of trusting and hoping always for others to make the game we want.

So we have much more security, faith, control and influence. We would know that the company wouldnt get bought or so.

And we could hire the devs we want and make the games we want.

Why dont we all crowdfund such a company to make great games?

The gaming industry is the biggest crowdfunding industry.

So why still relying on others and get disappointed if we can act ourselves?

Lets crowdfund a crowdfunding company for making crowdfunded games!   :)

You gamers sure a funny weird crowd.

Yea, why don't YOU GO DO IT?

You can come back here and let us all know how it goes, and if it's a good game, we may even play it.  You seem to have all the answers, and know exactly what is right/wrong with everything in the game development world, so go make the best games ever.

Oh, wait, the only vehicle to get that sort of thing started is ... *GASP* ... crowdfunding.

Your naivety and ignorance on how things actually work just grows more apparent with every post you make.