Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hmmm

Emplehdog

If you gave me a job paying me $100 an hour.. don't give me any real deadline to complete the job.. and don't care how effective and at what pace I do the job... and will still pay me the 100 an hour for as long as it takes to complete the job.....

How long do you think it will take me to complete the job?

If you gave me a job paying me $100 an hour.. don't give me any real deadline to complete the job.. and don't care how effective and at what pace I do the job... and will still pay me the 100 an hour for as long as it takes to complete the job.....

Imagine if completing the job well can start making you 1000 an hour.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I can't help it, but i guess you are trying to say something? I just don't think you are telling what you try to tell.

It is definitely an interesting question, though. If it was me, i wouldn't care. For usually i say 'This is the price for the thing. How long it will take, we'll see. I don't care and you should neither.' And if i agree to an hour based appointment, what rarely but seldom happens, i neither care about the hours nor the money. I care about the job, to master the difficulties and to do my very best. But maybe that's a question of self integrity, professionalism and dedication? I don't know. Only thing i know is that we humans obviously tend to go very different ways.

However, as for your question: i could imagine that in your case it would take you forever to get the job done. Was that what you where trying to say? In that case, thanks for the self-revelation. Whatever it might be good for.

Edited by Kraahk

Except that they are proving that they are completing tasks. I think the point you are trying to reach is stupid. So what, you want them to complete the task and then be done with it? No. I'd rather have them continuing to work on it, even after it's done. I actually don't like that the subscription fee isn't mandatory, though I do understand the pros and cons to this. I just want to make sure they are funded, and well, for the time, effort and patience that they put into a game that's not even being made to be played by them. A lot of people don't realize.. Putting your game out there, that's bringing your beautiful dream to life. But it's just that, YOUR dream. You don't get to experience the excitement, awe, frustration, perseverance that everyone who does not know your dream get to. You've lived this dream; thought of it exactly how you imagine it a million times. To everyone else.. they get to explore this wonder, virgin to it's beauties. They are bringing us something that they already had the joy of exploring, so that we too can share in a world of their imagining. For everything they release, any money I spend is worth it.. and I will continue to support them. Not to mention, the awesome support provided both on the forums and through the customer support center. (Shout out to Gordon, again! lol)

Either you have no regard for all the work it takes to make something so great, or you have never been the victim of a company that doesn't care at all. Even the best companies have not been as good as this one. I wholeheartedly support this company, and will continue to do so regardless of your opinion. I just wish you would see the good here, and thank them for not releasing a product that will fail but rather nourishing one that will sweep the gaming community as a whole.

• 2 weeks later...

Except that they are proving that they are completing tasks. I think the point you are trying to reach is stupid. So what, you want them to complete the task and then be done with it? No. I'd rather have them continuing to work on it, even after it's done. I actually don't like that the subscription fee isn't mandatory, though I do understand the pros and cons to this. I just want to make sure they are funded, and well, for the time, effort and patience that they put into a game that's not even being made to be played by them. A lot of people don't realize.. Putting your game out there, that's bringing your beautiful dream to life. But it's just that, YOUR dream. You don't get to experience the excitement, awe, frustration, perseverance that everyone who does not know your dream get to. You've lived this dream; thought of it exactly how you imagine it a million times. To everyone else.. they get to explore this wonder, virgin to it's beauties. They are bringing us something that they already had the joy of exploring, so that we too can share in a world of their imagining. For everything they release, any money I spend is worth it.. and I will continue to support them. Not to mention, the awesome support provided both on the forums and through the customer support center. (Shout out to Gordon, again! lol)

Either you have no regard for all the work it takes to make something so great, or you have never been the victim of a company that doesn't care at all. Even the best companies have not been as good as this one. I wholeheartedly support this company, and will continue to do so regardless of your opinion. I just wish you would see the good here, and thank them for not releasing a product that will fail but rather nourishing one that will sweep the gaming community as a whole.

Look at the word count of the replies vs the OP. He accomplished what he desired.

Your concern might (If I got it right) might be valid in general, but considering the fact that Crowfall was announced to the public in 2015 and is developing at a pretty rapid pace, with milestones being publicly set and reached with no ridiculous scope creep. It is highly likely not applicable in this particular case.

Edited by rajah

Are you a french politician by any chance?

- overpaid for every hour

- no real deadline

- no real effectiveness

- and still paid however long it takes

So how long, the answer is: as long as you are elected. :)

Edited by Eaden