Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rarp

extremely low population

is it normal for there only to be 7 players online in the US west region? I don't mean to be a hater but holy crap, I was hoping to play with more than 7 people after pledging $90. I guess I will wait until peak times to try again, but so far, extremely disappointing. 

Edited by rarp

is it normal for there only to be 7 players online in the US west region? I don't mean to be a hater but holy crap, I was hoping to play with more than 7 people after pledging $90. I guess I will wait until peak times to try again, but so far, extremely disappointing. 

So..feel the need to remind you that the game is in pre-alpha. If you're expecting crowds of people, maybe wait for the game to actually launch. Or at least for alpha. Or beta. This is a test environment, not the game.

That said, 7 is lower than average. But if you joined this expecting it to feel like a proper MMO when they only turn up server capacities to triple digits for stress tests, you should click the link in my sig.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

Though with that said, progress is ramping up quickly at this point, so the numbers might start swelling tremendously with upcoming tests. It's still a bit of a gamble, but waiting for peak hours is probably a wise course of action.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

Except I was told this game was in beta, not pre-alpha. Pretty big difference there. In fact it even says it on their backer page that it's beta 1, no pre-alpha.

Don't expect a lot more. Even when there are 20 to 30 people its usually a guild of 15 that you wont see because their off crafting together or roaming killing every one 10v1 or dueling another guild 10v10.

The most we ever had was a fight of 90 around siege time like a year ago.

Have to wait for more gameplay, right now its just boring gathering

MOkvLlm.png

Crowfall is currently in : Pre-Alpha 3.10.1 <--from the top of the Reddit post you linked

I'm seeing this happen a lot. They are inviting players with backer packages that give them the right to invitations to tests with those names. In other words, your backer package gives you guaranteed entry into tests starting with phase 1 of Beta. You have been invited early. I realize that it is confusing - I imagine it wasn't planned and they decided it was less confusing than renaming all of the test permissions for all previous backers.

Edit: also from the Reddit post a bit further down, and reflected on the pledge page - Bolded Waves and ABOVE are able to play Crowfall right now. These waves do not necessarily correspond to the current phase of Crowfall development.

Edited by goose

Yeah, that is extremely deceiving to give people access to a game with a beta 1 pledge, and say it's in pre-alpha, not cool. Hopefully I can get my money back, not interested in that at all.

Yeah, that is extremely deceiving to give people access to a game with a beta 1 pledge, and say it's in pre-alpha, not cool. Hopefully I can get my money back, not interested in that at all.

You not doing a little research into the game before you paid for it doesn't equal deception on their part. 

All you had to do was watch some youtube videos to see the current state of the game. There is no NDA. All of the information is out there.

But, if you want a refund, I'm sure ACE will accommodate you. 

The information is readily available, It's not extremely deceiving at all. You're just stupid, sorry dude. You bamboozled yourself, you got into the game and realised you didn't like it. And now you want your money back, I hope ArtCraft keeps your money to be honest, but they're good people so they probably won't. 

Perhaps do more research on what you spend your money on next time. 

I spent quite a few hours researching the game, so I'm not sure that's a fair statement. I watched ~10 videos on youtube, they made it seem like the game was decently populated given the 5v5's and 1v1's they were constantly having. The top of the page says how they have 10 million in backing, 164k crows, etc etc, so it was definitely implied that the game was decently populated. Which is exactly why I'm a little annoyed that I got burnt. 

The information is readily available, It's not extremely deceiving at all. You're just stupid, sorry dude. You bamboozled yourself, you got into the game and realised you didn't like it. And now you want your money back, I hope ArtCraft keeps your money to be honest, but they're good people so they probably won't. 

Perhaps do more research on what you spend your money on next time. 

I didn't even make a character lol...

The amount of people online is readily available? care to enlighten me?

Edited by rarp

This post highlights quite nicely why it's moronic to give access to a game allegedly in a pre-alpha state to people whose level of commitment to the game, by their own choice, is "beta 1" or "beta 2" or whatever. The amount of ill will and bad word of mouth this policy will generate is legendary.

This post highlights quite nicely why it's moronic to give access to a game allegedly in a pre-alpha state to people whose level of commitment to the game, by their own choice, is "beta 1" or "beta 2" or whatever. The amount of ill will and bad word of mouth this policy will generate is legendary.

I don't think ramblings this early in development will hurt the game much overall.  What will really matter is the state of soft launch when those super popular streamers become either great or damaging marketing tools.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Hey there!

First off I'm sorry you didn't have great experience with the test. Right now it's more test than game. It's an ugly but necessary part of the process.

However I do understand the frustration of seeing "Beta 1 access" on your pledge and come into this thinking Crowfall is in beta. For most here we've been around since the beginning so it all makes perfect sense to us. Though it is unfair to "outsiders" Ace's intentions isn't to try and deceive they just kept the same words to describe levels of access. The words are arbitrary labels and I don't think they felt they need to change them. Was it the best idea? Probably not. Where they trying to mislead people? Absolutely not. They are very open with the community but I think it's normal to get so used to the same crowd that has passionately supported them they haven't had time to rethink some of the wording for new people after 2 years.

I hope you stick around or just take a break till its more game than test...which BTW some of the old school followers have done :)

If you did "hours of research", I'm not sure how you could have missed the "pre-alpha" stage. I would urge you to do more because of you do, you will realize that the game is worth supporting. Even if it's a early game now, it's further along than a lot of games that are beta/released. And they're still adding more. Stay behind them and time will reap your rewards.

There are over 9000 eligible players. There's probably 150 recurrent testers and maybe 60 or so that play every test. (NA pop only, I don't know how the Euros are doing).

It's not really a game yet and it's quite clear that most people aren't willing to test something in such a undeveloped state. JTC has made it pretty clear he considers this test not a beta or a game.