Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rarp

extremely low population

Yeah, that is extremely deceiving to give people access to a game with a beta 1 pledge, and say it's in pre-alpha, not cool. Hopefully I can get my money back, not interested in that at all.

OOOOOOOR... you could just wait until beta 1 and play!

They gave you a bonus and allowed you to login to an earlier test phase and you somehow feel that is "deceiving"?

LOL

We are all waiting on the POI, CW module testing hopefully by spring, not far off.   It IS a good time to get familiar and find a fit with a guild...   this game is not friendly to solo players and you will need a solid group to play with in this type of game.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

OOOOOOOR... you could just wait until beta 1 and play!

They gave you a bonus and allowed you to login to an earlier test phase and you somehow feel that is "deceiving"?

LOL

This.

For real. You got access to the playtest months, if not a year, earlier than expected. I fail to see how you didn't get more than you paid for.

Yea its a test phase. I can not fathom how people have such unrealistic expectations.  I don't know if its uneducated consumers or just the the sad state of the gaming community but it really agitates me.

Yeah, that is extremely deceiving to give people access to a game with a beta 1 pledge, and say it's in pre-alpha, not cool. Hopefully I can get my money back, not interested in that at all.

You're right its "not cool" that they would invite you to test EARLY, how dare they give you access early than you were originally promised and then not even force you to participate in the test. You totally deserve a refund.

I didn't even make a character lol...

The amount of people online is readily available? care to enlighten me?

Oh, my bad, I thought you would have actually played the game. The amount of people online isn't readily available, however with a bit of searching I'm sure you could find a stream, a youtube video (You watched 10 of them, but forgot to look up what is apparently an important measuring point for how you judge a game? Odd.) or you could have joined a public Crowfall forum and asked the question of how many people play the game in its current state. Instead you went and spent what was it, 70 or 100 dollars on a videogame that you didn't bother to research properly. Stop trying to blame ArtCraft for your own lacking investigational skills. 

Edited by Grimulf

I understand your confusion and it makes sense why you thought the game was in a beta state. It seems there are a lot of haters on here who would like to roast you for something that is confusing in itself.

They don't realize that they lurk forums on a game in pre-alpha for ages, while most gamers do very little research before pulling the trigger. If I looked at a pledge package and saw that I was getting "Beta 1 Access" and also saw that "Beta 1 Access" currently gets into testing I might come to the same conclusion you did.

That being said the support I have received from ACE has been great. If you emailed them and asked for a refund based on your confusion, maybe they will give it to you. Hope we see you later once the game is more developed.

I understand your confusion and it makes sense why you thought the game was in a beta state. It seems there are a lot of haters on here who would like to roast you for something that is confusing in itself.

They don't realize that they lurk forums on a game in pre-alpha for ages, while most gamers do very little research before pulling the trigger. If I looked at a pledge package and saw that I was getting "Beta 1 Access" and also saw that "Beta 1 Access" currently gets into testing I might come to the same conclusion you did.

That being said the support I have received from ACE has been great. If you emailed them and asked for a refund based on your confusion, maybe they will give it to you. Hope we see you later once the game is more developed.

This. I mean, I'm not going to claim to know what ACE will do with your money, but in my experience, they are pretty chill dudes. Thanks to my personal bias as someone who has been following this game obsessively since the day it went on Kickstarter, I have no difficulty at all with their relatively odd development cycle, but to someone who is just picking the game up now, it seems like an understandable mistake. At any rate, it's one I'm seeing an awful lot of, even among fellow veterans. I've actually spent a fairly disproportionate amount of time explaining it to people who don't have your reasonable justifications for confusion, and that has probably colored by opinion on the subject.

I hope you believe us when we tell you that it is not done out of malice and that you join us again when the game actually reaches beta. I may be biased (I am definitely biased), but I have high hopes for it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

Shouldn't those gamers bear the responsibility to do enough research to make sure the game is right for them? Should we just give them a pass because most gamers are too carefree with their money? The OP made a mistake and now wants to point fingers at everyone but himself. 

I mean I invested into the $175 2015 pledge but I rarely jump on. Just because people pledge doesn't mean they're spending their free time into it. Personally, I test new additions then log out and wait for an update that adds new things. There are other games that are releasing that can accommodate my time until the actual product is done. 

Edited by Kentaro

I would love to see you point to a specific place where any ACE claims actually fit the classification of deception.

(of a person) cause (someone) to believe something that is not true, typically in order to gain some personal advantage.  

What you described, being let in early to a very publicly stated TEST, is simply not deceptive in any way.

Just because you feel like you were lied to, doesn't make it so.

Classic "cant win" scenario.

"We are in pre-alpha currently"

---"Cmon, when can us Beta people test?" 

"We will now let Beta players test certain sessions"

---"What the hell is all this? Where are guild houses, complete zones, finished animations, finished skills, etc...REFUND!"

OS_Sig3.png

Except I was told this game was in beta, not pre-alpha. Pretty big difference there. In fact it even says it on their backer page that it's beta 1, no pre-alpha.

Clearly you did not read anything on the site nor forums.......... Or on the calendar. Hell even in game on the right hand side said Pre-Alpha

RedXoOcrowfall_zpswm3vyakq.png

This how I know OP for sure didn't read or research since even on the store it states its in Pre- Alpha and any package saying Early Access allows you in.

In my opinion he should not be allowed a refund

Capture_zpssypqcdxe.png

Edited by Pup_Twilight

RedXoOcrowfall_zpswm3vyakq.png

This how I know OP for sure didn't read or research since even on the store it states its in Pre- Alpha and any package saying Early Access allows you in.

To be fair, at the time this thread was created, that message listed the backer groups that were invited to the test, not the current phase of testing. So I can understand why someone might think the game was in beta 1 based on that. However, it is obvious the OP didn't do any research beyond that, then accused ACE of trying to deceive people, when that obviously wasn't the case. The message did not say the game was in beta. The fact that it might be inferred based on the invited test groups isn't something that occurred to me, because I've been following the game for 2 years, and I highly doubt it occurred to ACE either. They changed it since then to avoid confusion, but people still refuse to do any kind of research and then claim that they were mislead. I still see people in game claiming that ACE is selling this as beta, when they clearly are not. 

On 1/28/2017 at 11:49 AM, rarp said:

is it normal for there only to be 7 players online in the US west region? I don't mean to be a hater but holy crap, I was hoping to play with more than 7 people after pledging $90. I guess I will wait until peak times to try again, but so far, extremely disappointing. 

Considering how early in development it is we're basically playing half a game at this point. I wouldn't expect people to put a whole lot of time into it until it's more complete.

On 1/28/2017 at 9:49 PM, rarp said:

is it normal for there only to be 7 players online in the US west region? I don't mean to be a hater but holy crap, I was hoping to play with more than 7 people after pledging $90. I guess I will wait until peak times to try again, but so far, extremely disappointing. 

People burned out from playing crowfall already... I've been for a while and tested crowfall as well. I did get bored from playing test server over and over and spent over what I usually spend on games.. it's just I want this game to be a successful mmo.. As i hope i don't get disappointed.

7 players is enough to test things up to be engaged on what you should do or ask devs or community about the game using forum or available players in-game.

On 1/28/2017 at 10:34 PM, rarp said:

I spent quite a few hours researching the game, so I'm not sure that's a fair statement. I watched ~10 videos on youtube, they made it seem like the game was decently populated given the 5v5's and 1v1's they were constantly having. The top of the page says how they have 10 million in backing, 164k crows, etc etc, so it was definitely implied that the game was decently populated. Which is exactly why I'm a little annoyed that I got burnt. 

I believe you have backed crowfall having the mentality of "other mmorpg when they announce alpha or beta." frankly it's obviously pre-alpha still way too far from "ALPHA and Beta and when you go to https://crowfall.com/en/store/  on top where it says "new to crowfall? Get early access!" by looking to the right side Current test phase: pre-alpha 4 stage.. also pre-alpha 5 in future.. yes they allowed you to get in pre-alpha stage while backing in beta. As a backer of pre-alpha It's really unfair that beta backers gets into pre-alpha stage, but It's ACE Team decision after all to get more feedback from various backers or if you have found a bug you could inform them and there's no Non-disclosure agreement (NDA). so u can share images, stream and make videos.. Also test available game mechanics and functionality.

Cheers.

Edited by Mox

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

On 1/28/2017 at 9:49 AM, rarp said:

Glad to see you jumping in and interested in Crowfall :)

I added the bold and italicized part. Right now NO ONE is playing the game since there is NO GAME. This truly is early access for testing purposes. Find your fun or just hangout with the community. Lots of discussions here on the forums and an active live chat community on Crowfall Discord. Come by and say hi!

2 hours ago, Keaggan said:

Glad to see you jumping in and interested in Crowfall :)

I added the bold and italicized part. Right now NO ONE is playing the game since there is NO GAME. This truly is early access for testing purposes. Find your fun or just hangout with the community. Lots of discussions here on the forums and an active live chat community on Crowfall Discord. Come by and say hi!

Great advertising Keaggan :P

Also if you want more peeps to jump in the test, try dropping a line in the forums or discord. Could always arrange a massive brawl or some such. And like most I'm burnt out, been here since the grey boxing, but I'm not adverse to a few hours of crowfall if you want someone to try and hunt down ;)