Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Time for PvP

Nixelplex

To all of you, I greet you with a hearty hello!

I'm Nix, of the guild Heaven and Earth, and I've been playtesting for a while now. I am leaning towards druid for my guild, but I like Myrmidon as it's fun to rampage.

My question: is it fair to attack harvester(s) when they are gathering? I know it is the test servers, and it can be mean, but those are resources I need for my guildmates and I. There was a little duelist I killed that had plenty of stone and wood (and some iron) who went off in the chat, grumbling and rumbling of how unfair it was. Then I attacked a ranger, who had arrows and potions plus food. He too complained, saying I shouldn't attack as it was unfair.

I understand, and everyone has a right to complain when someone in gear gets the drop on you, but why act as if I've committed a mortal sin? You're on a PvP realm in a PvP game! I was alone, so were you! I've been attacked by groups and scraped away, and I've been soloed by druids.

The game is about battle. It's about struggle. If you notice a geared druid lurking near Iron nodes, stay away unless you grab a buddy or two. If you see a group in your area and you're alone, run.

Oh! And to the duelists out there... your burrow isn't a stealth. I stomped one one when it was trying to flee and he raged at me for finding him.

So as I give you my greetings, I invite you to join our guild and join us as we conquer and divide our earnings! If not, let's meet on the battlefield the other way, and have a laugh doing so!

Nixelplex
Druid of Kronos

My question: is it fair to attack harvester(s) when they are gathering? I know it is the test servers, and it can be mean, but those are resources I need for my guildmates and I. There was a little duelist I killed that had plenty of stone and wood (and some iron) who went off in the chat, grumbling and rumbling of how unfair it was. Then I attacked a ranger, who had arrows and potions plus food. He too complained, saying I shouldn't attack as it was unfair.

Harvesters are 100% fair game. That's the price for playing a pvp game on a pvp server without anyone to back you up.

If they complain in chat, then you need to track them down and do it again because they will never learn otherwise.

There have been multiple concessions made for these people, and yet they still cry foul when they die.

231e101d88.jpg

Harvesters are 100% fair game. That's the price for playing a pvp game on a pvp server without anyone to back you up.

If they complain in chat, then you need to track them down and do it again because they will never learn otherwise.

There have been multiple concessions made for these people, and yet they still cry foul when they die.

I mean, the spirit bank almost guarantees that you dont lose anything you dont want to lose.

If they are angry, it should be about their own lack of responsible inventory management. 

CfWBSig.png

I really only made this post as I was concerned was being too harsh, as I stumbled upon the harvester in the forums complaining of the ganking. They were upset that they couldn't escape and that it was pointless to PvP during the Alpha. I know it may be playtesting, but like I originally said, those resources are ones my guild could be using for playtesting. I am in the process of making a plate set for my Myrmidon, and the iron requirements force me to use the bank ever ten ore I gather, out of fear I confessor gets the drop on me.

Thank you all for reassuring me that I am not being too cruel. I was slightly concerned, but in the end I just decided to attack a player once and then move on, leaving them be if I encountered them again. I remember them saying a duelist against a Myrmidon was an unfair fight. A day later I got in a fight with a duelist that proved challenging and fun! I was at 20% at the end, and smiling from ear to ear over the challenge the hamster posed. If I'd chosen not to whirlwind a few times I would have definitely died, as he was adept at running around. It was a strange ballet of carnage as he pierced me from my back and sides while I whirled about slamming him with my heavy maces.

Anyway, hope this was a good weekend for everyone! 

Nixelplex
Druid of Kronos

I generally try to leave players without gear alone whether they're harvesting or not. Not always foolproof as sometimes I panic and start mashing attacks if I happen to be approached while in a menu, but it's just a general theme I try and follow.

Everyone else is fair game for the very reasons mentioned above. The spirit bank is the safety net, if they chose not to use it then they accept the consequences.

However, I answer the basics of how to get gear and use the spirit bank in global chat more than once per playtest, so that tells me that some of the newer playtesters aren't reading the forums ahead of time. Players will always rant and rage, but at some point we simply have the draw a line in the sand and if they decide to cross it then they accept the results.

In Crowfall, that line in the sand is where PVE ends and PVP begins. We should continue to stress that Crowfall is a PVP-centric game, and anything short of respawn-camping is acceptable behavior.

Just my 2cents though.

For the first couple days of Big World, I agree with the folks who got murdered. There was a lot of data to record at the time so we could start testing the things the devs asked us to test. But unless you're posting this through a time machine, the meek have long since lost the moral high ground. Especially with Sanctuary and the Spirit Bank being around now.

No, you were not being too harsh.

Edit: Also, welcome to Crowfall. Prepare To Die.

....poorly made socks, wrong game.

Edited by goose

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

In Crowfall, that line in the sand is where PVE ends and PVP begins. We should continue to stress that Crowfall is a PVP-centric game, and anything short of respawn-camping is acceptable behavior.

Well said and Here here!

I'm honestly baffled at those who rage over the game when they get killed...its a fully PvP realized game. The quicker people realize this the better as they will be less bitter and possibly contribute more to the game.

I've been ganked by solo, groups, duo's countless times sometimes with extreme valuables on my person and others not so, but in the end you get up - brush yourself off and get back into the pits like a true PvP'er!!!!!!