Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zypheras

Guild crest flashed above characters head

I was listening to the devs talk about the guild crest and how they were having issues with putting it somewhere on all the archetypes. This made me think of the idea of once your accepted to a guild you can receive an item that with flash your guild crest above your head so all will know what guild your in. An example of this would be in league of legends you can flash your mastery icon above you head.

Having each guild build and customize their own tabard would be an easy way to do this.  Then each archtype could use the cape slot to equip this item.

An example is what WoW does with their guild/faction tabards.

j5f1ue.jpg

Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

I think team crests ontop of head are ok.. but what about guild crests as a shoulder piece or arm band so it doesn't hide your armor with a full covering tabard? I wouldn't have a problem with capes on back either, I just think we as players need a visual to armor types.

I would prefer a small, player created, guild logo to the left of our guild name in our nameplates. Makes identification much easier without taking up too much vertical space with ugly crap. Also I definitely do not want the guild logo to be anywhere on my character's outfit because I generally dislike the way it looks and forcing someone to wear one piece of gear that may not go with the rest of their look isn't fun.

Edited by Leiloni

I think team crests ontop of head are ok.. but what about guild crests as a shoulder piece or arm band so it doesn't hide your armor with a full covering tabard? I wouldn't have a problem with capes on back either, I just think we as players need a visual to armor types.

I'm pretty sure that ACE has stated that at some point you're going to be able to change the colors and put guild emblems on armor if you so wish. But maybe I misheard...I've misheard a lot of things since following this game. 

I would also only want the guild crest visible if the character is visible.  I.e., I still want players to be able to hide behind a rock without giving themselves away with a big, immersion-breaking crest hovering above their head. 

Otherwise, I'd rather it just be an optional heraldry system where players could put guild heraldry on their shields or cloaks etc.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png