Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ideal amount of people needed to fully gear a raid?

Go to solution Solved by miraluna,

How many fully spec'd crafters would it take to fully gear about 50 people of all archetypes?

You need to be a lot more precise

An awful lot depends on

1.  How many raw materials you are willing to waste

2.  How much time you want to spend

3.  What quality you want

4.  Do you care about vessels?

5.  What about siege weapons?  Potions?  Enchants?

Edited by narsille

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

...you're gonna have to clarify that a bit.

See, the way the archetypes work, each of those people could be wearing the same exact armor. That would make the answer a smaller number.

You also need to give us a timeline, because one of the things that crafting improves is how quickly crafting is completed.

Additionally, a "fully specced crafter" needs to be defined here. Since a single crow can master every crafting skill, the answer to your question appears to be "one." A single character could, after a significant period of time, fully gear 650 people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

The real answer is that your question is irrelevant. For a single character, "fully geared" implies perfectly optimized gear for that person's playstyle. That means customized gear made with specific stats. The real answer will vary depending on exactly what stats each player wants on their armor.

Also, there won't be any raids.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

Your question is really specific. If you were to ask how many crafters and harvesters a guild needs to function comfortably overall, my answer would be at least one account for each harvesting and crafting skill, so a minimum of 12 harvesters and 8 crafters, but since a single person won't always be available you will probably need to double or maybe even triple that amount.

You can start to understand how large guilds are going to have an overwhelming advantage and smaller guilds will probably struggle to make basic gear, unless they sub to another altruistic guild that takes pity on them.

I understand games like SWG had an amazing and intricate crafting system that allowed crafters to feel absolutely needed and special but that game, as like most other games, also had a fully functional economy that alleviated the problem of obtaining gear if you couldn't craft it. I have yet to be convinced that any sort of economy will exist in Crowfall.

If the large guilds that control the resources in the campaigns have no reason to sell or trade outside of their own circle, or incentives to export anything, there is no economy. This has been an issue raised multiple times but no real answers on it just yet. I feel that something has to give here, and it's probably going to cause a whole lot of head spinning along the way.

If the large guilds that control the resources in the campaigns have no reason to sell or trade outside of their own circle, or incentives to export anything, there is no economy. This has been an issue raised multiple times but no real answers on it just yet. I feel that something has to give here, and it's probably going to cause a whole lot of head spinning along the way.

I think the idea/fix for this was large guild vs. small guild was intended to be the bands. Smaller guilds won't fight in the same band as larger guilds (although I suppose they could) and ideally be on equal grounds/numbers with the other guilds in the CW?

I agree about your economy post though...I'm not sure there is any incentive to export raw materials that could be used in CWs, as right now it's going to be used just for EK stuff. I never played SWG so I'm not sure how that worked out but, I'm hopeful it will come together at least somewhat not head-spinning!

Keep in mind that if there is a major raid that is coming, it would be beneficial to grab as many people to take along with you as possible (granted you don't need to equip them all, but more bodies for the meatgrinder are always useful heh).  If your team is conducting a major raid then more than likely all the solo players and smaller groups around would probably want to join in just to be part of the action.

And major guilds can't control all resources, if there is a big mining node nearby, anyone can grab resources from it and use it as they want (whether it be to gear themselves, trade or send back to their EK's).  Big guilds will definitely have the advantage of numbers and organization when it comes to grabbing resources but they won't be claiming resources that they have not actually harvested yet.

And major guilds can't control all resources, if there is a big mining node nearby, anyone can grab resources from it and use it as they want (whether it be to gear themselves, trade or send back to their EK's).  Big guilds will definitely have the advantage of numbers and organization when it comes to grabbing resources but they won't be claiming resources that they have not actually harvested yet.

It's not just about a big guild controlling the resources, although this will happen. I am talking more about how restrictive the skill trees are. Sure, a smaller guild can go off in the middle of nowhere and harvest but unless they have the majority of their guild trained in all of the different harvesting trees, they won't be able to harvest everything they need and will have to rely on trade for the rest. For a small guild, having the minimum of 8 dedicated harvesters will be rough if they also expect to protect themselves against dangers along the way, and most will have to choose. Large guilds won't have this problem, since they will have plenty of people to make up for the harvesting roles and alt accounts to spare.

I honestly think separating out harvesting and crafting into different skill trees was a mistake, especially for the basic stuff. Crowfall is highly dependent on gear and if certain guilds are to be excluded from obtaining said gear by an overly restrictive skill tree design, there needs to be a viable alternative to obtaining it. I am very interested to see how "trade cities" will function and how successful they will be in the campaigns (primarily shadows and dregs). I am mostly curious what incentives the bigger guilds will have to trade for things other people need when they themselves don't need anything.

I don't believe harvesting runes have a skill requirement to use them (I could be wrong, I havn't used any advanced ones).  But if that's the case couldn't the harvesters grab better resources, give them to the crafters, have them make better harvesting runes and then everyone has them and can harvest the more valuable resources.  The harvesters will be more efficient and get bonus materials but everyone can still participate.  then the crafters get the resources to turn into equipment.  It's smaller scale but should still work fine for smaller guilds.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not just about a big guild controlling the resources, although this will happen. I am talking more about how restrictive the skill trees are. Sure, a smaller guild can go off in the middle of nowhere and harvest but unless they have the majority of their guild trained in all of the different harvesting trees, they won't be able to harvest everything they need and will have to rely on trade for the rest. For a small guild, having the minimum of 8 dedicated harvesters will be rough if they also expect to protect themselves against dangers along the way, and most will have to choose. Large guilds won't have this problem, since they will have plenty of people to make up for the harvesting roles and alt accounts to spare.

I honestly think separating out harvesting and crafting into different skill trees was a mistake, especially for the basic stuff. Crowfall is highly dependent on gear and if certain guilds are to be excluded from obtaining said gear by an overly restrictive skill tree design, there needs to be a viable alternative to obtaining it. I am very interested to see how "trade cities" will function and how successful they will be in the campaigns (primarily shadows and dregs). I am mostly curious what incentives the bigger guilds will have to trade for things other people need when they themselves don't need anything.

Well if certain campaign worlds lack certain resources entirely, a world with no slate or no bears or something, then the guild wouldn't be getting any of that during the campaign and would have to make it up via trading through eternal kingdoms or else try to grab up a bunch in the next campaign for those people that prefer the stats it gives.

And I might have imagined this but isn't there going to be some kind of faction based "war chest" where harvesters and crafters can put items for non-guildy faction members? Which would count towards your campaign contribution and thus what percentage of your loot you can bring back?

First will be harvesters. You will need many of them. Then, a few crafters. If you don't need super gear or if you don't run mages, a woodworker and blacksmith could be enough. And then a necromancer for vessels if you need one and runemaster to get crafting runes. So not really much for a basic gear. But if you want white or higher quality, you will need to hire fine harvesters. Say no more than 20 people could ensure you enough including food.

Another answer could be ZERO if you make a deal with fully crafting-oriented guild and protect them well.

Big guilds will definitely have the advantage of numbers and organization when it comes to grabbing resources but they won't be claiming resources that they have not actually harvested yet.

For organization, it depends how big the big guild is. And how capable the leader is. Organizing 200 people would not be easily done. Small guilds will have the best organization I guess.

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.