Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Support power?

coolwaters

I'm not sure, but I'd guess that yes it will be affected by support power...Cause I thought I remember hearing that support power will affect all healing for ATs.

That said, from what I can see...Getting full support power on gear doesn't really have much value in terms of the output numbers and depending on templar healing will probably be unviable for em. Probably better to go attack power to take advantage of that heal based off damage ability

Probably better to go attack power to take advantage of that heal based off damage ability

I suppose how valuable Support Power and Attack Power will be depends on which healing abilities a player comes to depend on the most. There's only 1 healing ability whose output was stated as dependent on damage done, but Divine Light, Holy Warrior and Brilliance all have healing affects that I assume will be buoyed by SP... as little as it does. If Devotion and its DPS-dependent healing is the bread and butter of the class then AP may well be much more useful.

Hi, I'm moneda.

I suppose how valuable Support Power and Attack Power will be depends on which healing abilities a player comes to depend on the most. There's only 1 healing ability whose output was stated as dependent on damage done, but Divine Light, Holy Warrior and Brilliance all have healing affects that I assume will be buoyed by SP... as little as it does. If Devotion and its DPS-dependent healing is the bread and butter of the class then AP may well be much more useful.

True true. We don't know what the numbers are looking like yet for any of the heals or damage...I just envision the templar as more of a fighter so that's why I assumed AP would be the way to go. But yah that's definitely true, more healing abilities buoyed by SP could very well be the way to go. Going to be interesting to test either way!

The point of a lot of characters is you have more than one way of building them (druid death or life, ranger melee or ranged etc) and these involve different skills and often different stats and then lead to different promotion trees which further separate the two.

If you had a character that buffed all its abilities with a single stat then there would be no choice to make, it would be good at all the stuff it does with no alternative option.  that's why I'm certain SP will be used by templars in some form, to make players choose whether they want a tanky support focused AT or a tanky damage focused AT.