Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bassa

Parhfinder Online

I have been playing it for a few months now (Alpha for 2 months + Beta for 1). Now Goblin Works will debate me on the use of the term beta, but it is in their best interest to call it that. Their problem is that they are charging a subscription cost for beta, which is why they don't call it that. But, if it is not beta, then the game in its current stage of development does not warrant a fee to play.

Amateur Development + Poor Marketing + Discoinected Vision + Delusional CEO + Rabid Fanbois + Catering to Care Bears = Craptastic Game Play.

My suggestion is to watch some YouTube videos of the gameplay. Decide if the combat is engaging enough, the MVP viable enough to pay for, and the player content enough to provide short term fun. If after reviewing you think the answer is no, I would not suggest buying in right now, and taking a wait and see stance is better. 

I disagree with Bludd's math, I actually think the gameplay is not a result of the other factors. The MVP combat IMO is lacking in and of itself. 

That said there is a group of people that are enjoying the game, or seem to be. Pvp seems to be sectioned into Mid vrs North (UNC Plus versus Highlanders) and Mid vrs South (Golgotha/EoX versus the Everbloom Alliance)

Expect the combat, aesthetic, and mechanics to be very minimal. There are a lot of skills in the game but only a few that pass the Min/Max test, so also expect FtM builds. 

As for forum community goes, expect three groups:

1. I love all the things, and it will only get better (fanbois)

2. I hate all the things, and it will only get worse. (Nega-Fanbois)

3. I wish everyone would find agreement on the things. (Community Patriots)

The propaganda wars on the forums, however, are pretty cool and entertaining. I had a lot of fun in that prelaunch community combating slander against the EoX. 

mael4.jpg

I have been playing it for a few months now (Alpha for 2 months + Beta for 1). Now Goblin Works will debate me on the use of the term beta, but it is in their best interest to call it that. Their problem is that they are charging a subscription cost for beta, which is why they don't call it that. But, if it is not beta, then the game in its current stage of development does not warrant a fee to play.

Amateur Development + Poor Marketing + Discoinected Vision + Delusional CEO + Rabid Fanbois + Catering to Care Bears = Craptastic Game Play.

My friend is playing now, as early enrollment started today. Also as far as I understood there wont be a wipe so I could say it is fine for me if they are going to polish the game during the play. Also loot drops, what is very important for me and sieges. Until they have their own vision of the game and not following person like I remember from DF was crying to make the game more casual and the skill gain imminent I would love it I guess and they got 1.5 mio from kickstarter, it means they have community ( I hope )

Edited by bassa

My friend is playing now, as early enrollment started today. Also as far as I understood there wont be a wipe so I could say it is fine for me if they are going to polish the game during the play. Also loot drops, what is very important for me and sieges.

EE has been going on for a while now. You are correct that they added loot husks, but incorrect that seiges are currently in game. Right now the pvp content is a temporary system called War of the Towers. 

The WoT is a tower in a hex that can be fought over. Winning towers grants settlements boons in training levels. Right now most people are capping the towers will little to no resistance, as there are more towers atm than there are people needing them. 

A word of advice, do not kill players in NPC towns, it is against developer wishes and is a bannable offense. Mentioning it because it is a recent post and could be easily overlooked by a new player. 

Edited by Charlie George

mael4.jpg

EE has been going on for a while now. You are correct that they added loot husks, but incorrect that seiges are currently in game. Right now the pvp content is a temporary system called War of the Towers. 

The WoT is a tower in a hex that can be fought over. Winning towers grants settlements boons in training levels. Right now most people are capping the towers will little to no resistance, as there are more towers atm than there are people needing them. 

A word of advice, do not kill players in NPC towns, it is against developer wishes and is a bannable offense. Mentioning it because it is a recent post and could be easily overlooked by a new player. 

And what about the server population? It should be good but their forum and site are terrible. I hope after they let EE round 2 to join the game it should be increased

Edited by bassa

And what about the server population? It should be good but their forum and site are terrible. I hope after they let EE round 2 to join the game it should be increased

Around a thousand at the very best I would guess. Likely including people holding multiple accounts. 

mael4.jpg

Around a thousand at the very best I would guess. Likely including people holding multiple accounts. 

Dont you think it would increase? And after DF thousand is not that bad, I would say its very good. -) 

Dont you think it would increase? And after DF thousand is not that bad, I would say its very good. -) 

Beyond the game simply being not fun right now for me, I make no judgement call on it's failure or success. I and Cyneric no longer play the game, for example, but we have not sold our primary accounts either. 

Take that as you will, but most importantly make sure you know what you are paying into. 

mael4.jpg

Beyond the game simply being not fun right now for me, I make no judgement call on it's failure or success. I and Cyneric no longer play the game, for example, but we have not sold our primary accounts either. 

Take that as you will, but most importantly make sure you know what you are paying into. 

I was the one who hadnt donate during the kickstarter, but there is one problem at the moment... Nothing to play. Life is Feudal is delayed and going to be s..t, Embers of Caerus - dead. Greedmonger - delayed and most likely dead. The Repopulation - hmmm. Not sure when it is going to be released

I was the one who hadnt donate during the kickstarter, but there is one problem at the moment... Nothing to play. Life is Feudal is delayed and going to be s..t, Embers of Caerus - dead. Greedmonger - delayed and most likely dead. The Repopulation - hmmm. Not sure when it is going to be released

Sure, and I certainly don't want to talk you out of finding a fun game to play. I am just advising you study a bit before making the final choice, and go into the game knowing it will be limited. 

mael4.jpg

Sure, and I certainly don't want to talk you out of finding a fun game to play. I am just advising you study a bit before making the final choice, and go into the game knowing it will be limited. 

That is why I asked it here -) their site is terrible and it is almost not possible to dig any information there

If it would help your decision, you could click the Empire of Xeilias link in my signature and look around the general forums there. We do have a considerable amount of folks playing PfO right now. You won't see all the forums, because of security reasons, but you should see the GW RSS feeds and some general chatter from our folks about the game. 

mael4.jpg

If it would help your decision, you could click the Empire of Xeilias link in my signature and look around the general forums there. We do have a considerable amount of folks playing PfO right now. You won't see all the forums, because of security reasons, but you should see the GW RSS feeds and some general chatter from our folks about the game. 

I already did that :) But after I heard my friend screaming when he killed someone and began to loot him I guess I would buy it ;) probably it will become better, anyway at least something to play. Since we know nothing about Crowfall, and I am tired of LoL etc.

I already did that :) But after I heard my friend screaming when he killed someone and began to loot him I guess I would buy it ;) probably it will become better, anyway at least something to play. Since we know nothing about Crowfall, and I am tired of LoL etc.

Best of luck to you and your friend, then. If you both need a settlement to fight with, feel free to revisit the link again :D

mael4.jpg

Best of luck to you and your friend, then. If you both need a settlement to fight with, feel free to revisit the link again :D

Thanks :) I hope to see my clan there first but if we will stay with the small group ill visit the link -) 

And you also go back to the game to increase its population :)  one more question, how long does it take to find a fight if you are pk :)

Thanks :) I hope to see my clan there first but if we will stay with the small group ill visit the link -) 

If your clan shows, it could join a settlement as a complete unit and still keeps its relative autonomy. EoX is the only aggressive evil focused power on the board right now (meaning focused on evil and structured pvp). Just sayin 

mael4.jpg