Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chests Building/Camps and helping us test?

Anhrez

Chests are helpful in our basic testing but how much green tin does a person testing crafting need? 

is there any chance we can see useful items for testing to be found in chests that make sense to the need?

So maybe in the Quarry building we see things used in Jewelcrafting to help us push the recipes a bit? Water Flask, powdered stone?

Maybe in the Lumberyard give us ... well to be honest the wood side is retty good except some higher grade wood for us to test the Experimentation outcomes we can try with Blue and purple level materials 

In the undead camps .... how about some necromancy testing materials? 

I know its only temporary ... but you all have a system to get materials into our hands that you are using. The drop rates for Motherlodes are not on par with the quoted numbers so a quick hot fix could allow us to test much deeper

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

I think this could create some interesting conflict on the testing servers also, as groups will start to create combat for actual spawns

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

Chests are helpful in our basic testing but how much green tin does a person testing crafting need? 

Tin is the only way to add the Crushing Damage bonus onto items.  As a Knight I welcome the billions of Tin I acquire from chests.

Tin is love, tin is life. Respect.

CfWBSig.png

Tin is love, tin is life. Respect.

bah Copper is King and Iron is Love ..... the rest can be used for crappy Rune tools I'll dump off to guildies to get me mats 

LR0tCJt.png

bah Copper is King and Iron is Love ..... the rest can be used for crappy Rune tools I'll dump off to guildies to get me mats 

Sounds to me they got it about right, with each archetype/play style wanting something different.

gatsby-salute.jpg

I really hope they completely remove chests soon. I'd rather showcase the efforts of what this games fundamentals are about ... and thats gathering and turning it into something useful to club your neighbors with.

I'd also like to see a variety of nodes in the weekend tests. Tier 1 nodes are boring, we need to see how tools vs nodes will play out and soon before they move onto something else!

Oh lets not forget how weird the itemization numbers are. Its indecipherable really what all of these bonuses we are crafting really do. Some seem like you could multiply by 100, but the actual impact isn't whats on the number. Its just all over the place right now. Not sure how we can provide useful feedback if we have no clue what the effect of our crafted items really are.

Edited by scree

I really hope they completely remove chests soon. I'd rather showcase the efforts of what this games fundamentals are about ... and thats gathering and turning it into something useful to club your neighbors with.

I'd also like to see a variety of nodes in the weekend tests. Tier 1 nodes are boring, we need to see how tools vs nodes will play out and soon before they move onto something else!

Oh lets not forget how weird the itemization numbers are. Its indecipherable really what all of these bonuses we are crafting really do. Some seem like you could multiply by 100, but the actual impact isn't whats on the number. Its just all over the place right now. Not sure how we can provide useful feedback if we have no clue what the effect of our crafted items really are.

100% agreed.  Bring in higher tier nodes (6-8 maybe) and let crafters/harvesters actually have to work for it. 

Also agreed and still very much waiting for the 'clarification' that was mentioned during the live stream. I know that building my +slashing axes on my Myrm it came down to a 1.5% bonus, because the paper doll showed it as a percentage, but the weapons showed only +1.5.

Seen any bears in the wild, or maybe an elk or two?

Until they can provide all the types of resource nodes, including all the wild animal types, they need the chests so we can have access to all the material types.

Besides, knowing there are chests in towns/forts has lead to actually having a reason for guilds to hang around and try to hold them. 

It's not like gathering is in any way "real" in the current builds, with all the harvesting pots and the like.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

A realistic guess would be to see the chests go away when we have a more complete environment to test in. As mentioned above, bears, elk more cats lol.

Also some other pois with resources worth contesting like a quarry with a concentration stone nodes. A mine with ore etc.

Something better than the random distribution of resources that we have now.

I proposed the following in a different thread:

Now that a significant drain of materials out of the world has been closed - bye bye take bug! - perhaps some minor but impacting changes can be made to how resources enter into it. These changes would not only revitalize the Pre-alpha, but provide opportunity to test other dynamics which for the moment, have been lightly explored.

Assuming it is possible, I would suggest making the following changes:

-All resource nodes - Ore, Stone and Wood (trees), will spawn only Grey, White and Green materials

-All house chests will spawn only Apples and Grey, White and Green Leather (players must harvest or fight for materials)

-All Stronghold/Keep chests will spawn Blue Ore/Stone/Leather (those inside must go outside for food)

-All Quarry chests will spawn Blue/Purple Stone (POI becomes a conflict generator)

-All Mine chests will spawn Blue/Purple Ore (POI becomes a conflict generator)

-All Mill chests will spawn Blue/Purple Wood (POI becomes a conflict generator)

I believe these fairly simply changes will modify the dynamics of the gameplay considerably, and allow not only for more meaningful gameplay, but more meaningful testing.

I am not sure it can be done, but I am 100% sure it should be done, and will improve the nature of the current testing phase considerably, and in theory at least, at very little cost, requiring only slight changes to the tables used by the respective chests.

Lets take things to the next level...  :D

I was discussing this in voice chat with someone, I had originally proposed a different idea but he convinced me based on some information he had that it was do-able.

Saw that thread and its not a bad idea. The question is, do the current chests all use the same loot table? They'd have to split up the chests by loot table I suspect.

Edited by Anthrage