• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tinnis

Damage inflation, randomness and "double" and "triple" crits

I can assure everyone that the current balance state of:

- damage values on powers

- skill training inflation/outright bugged nodes

- legitimately crafted weapon values combined with full leather armor stats/bonuses

are more than suffucient to enable crits of ~30-40k+ without the use of any "bugged item".

Especially for guild players with sufficent time spent within skill training and proper knowledge/access to the legit crafting of mid to top end gear with good experiment rolls and appropriate stats. [mmmm blue/purple!]

Single target burst damage is out of control since start of big world and continues to inflate.

Killing someone from full during a single CC effect is possible and far too frequent now.

Example easy mode Myrms C

or

Example Confessors knock down, left click lazor into absolution.

Also not all crits are equal - the amount of random RNG values on power/weapon damage is staggering:

on powers the lowest rolling hit can be ~50-60% of the value of the highest rolling hit...

so possible to have a low rolling crit that does less damage than a high rolling non crit....

or basically you can have a "double crit" essentially based on the rolls if you get a high hit roll combined with a crit...

Especially deadly versus naked people and even more if they are dizzy downed - this gives 50%* bonus damage!

*50% on introduction [source: http://crowfall.com/en/news/tweaks-and-balances/ I can't remember if it was reduced since then in a patch though?

If its +50% that basically turns every hit into a free crit ...a.k.a. you could even get a "triple crit" combined with good rolls...

**MATHS** - **IGNORING ALL ATTRIBUTES AND STAT EFFECTS FROM SKILLS AND GEAR**

Absolution

base power damage with 5 sin stacks 4,315 - 6,473

3HY3wKq.png

example advn weapon damage

623 - 902

FnwGigj.png

539% weapon damage added
= 3,357 - 4,861 range from weapon

minimum power + weapon hit = 7,672
maximum power + weapon hit = 14,145

lowest hit is 54.2% the damage maximum hit

base crit bonus damage = +50% [a.k.a. 150%]

lowest rolling crit = 11,509
highest rolling crit = 21,218

minimum hit vs dizzy down = 11,508
maximum hit vs dizzy down = 21,217

minimum crit vs dizzy down = 17,263
maximum crit vs dizzy down = 31,827

Then obviously the attributes/stats/skills I can't account for further modify these values [way higher generally!]

This is just to demostrate the possible base values and random ranges to the best as our available knowledge allows.

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Please take a number and step to the back of the line, the Ranger is already standing in line with the next number.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Please take a number and step to the back of the line, the Ranger is already standing in line with the next number.

lol... Sorry ranger... this spot is taken.... TO THE BACK OF THE LINE WITH YOU!!!! SHOO!

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

I blame knock down. That retaliate system needs a NERF.

Do we get +50% dmg to anyone knocked down or when they get Dizzy Down? If it's only the latter, I'm cool with that.

Edited by mrmoneda

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

p.s.

so dolmar, the one accusing sugoi of using the bugged basic confessor book on players, is here on video, using the bugged book on players (or at least highly suspect out of the ordinary burst damage...)

its almost like politics! :P

P.S 

Someone abusing druid thorn exploit claiming someone else is exploiting. 

Whats it all matter?

I duped items, helped me test better.

We are just testing a pre-alpha guys, stop getting all turned up in a tizzy.

Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png

p.s.

so dolmar, the one accusing sugoi of using the bugged basic confessor book on players, is here on video, using the bugged book on players (or at least highly suspect out of the ordinary burst damage...)

its almost like politics! :P

(7152 (hit from fire wave) - 2961 (max hit from skill) ) / 2 (chance he crit and being really generous with crit multiplier of 200%) = weapon dmg of 2095.5

Math...

P.S 

Someone abusing druid thorn exploit claiming someone else is exploiting. 

Whats it all matter?

I duped items, helped me test better.

We are just testing a pre-alpha guys, stop getting all turned up in a tizzy.

When sugoi "does" it the world is ending, but when we do it....lol testing

I agree.

Why +50% damage on KD with sooooo many KDs? Would the incap not itself be obnoxious enough?

Mrmondea posed a good question above that would address your questions. 

Hg0LXwa.png

According to Tinnis' Resource, only Dizzy Down grants the damage increase, which I'm cool with. If you put your weapons away and I get a hit off, you deserve it, as would I if the tables were turned. With how easily Duelists, Druids and Confessors can go out of combat and put space between them and their opponents, Dizzy Down should be the least they suffer.

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

We all know this is getting out of control!! ACE team also is aware, im sure no doubt, but...

Im always fine with balance in PvP being done in a long run, step to step, but this is getting too much out of control! I would like to see now some big balance coming soonish, as i hope be ON already when SIEGES begin be part of BW testing loop (and i wish it so much atm :) )

From what I have seen, there is a "Dizzy" state, then next hit gives "Knocked Down" state.

We call it dizzy+down, but the game has just one state of "Knocked Down" (?)

I'm also not sure if "Knocked Down" state gives a straight damage increase or a critical increase.

Overall, I think the whole CC system needs some refinement (length of different types of CC, immunity, retaliate).

Edited by miraluna

tiPrpwh.png