Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pistols should absolutely be physical damage. 

The only exception I see is if a rodent wanted elemental bullets or something but requiring them to spec in to both physical and arcane ranged weapons for the bonus seems wrong to me. 

The deeper I read in to these skill trees the more it seems many skills are only placeholders until they can get around to refining them. At least I hope so...

Hg0LXwa.png

These are listed as ranged arcane weapons rather than ranged physical weapons under "ranged weapon styles."

That seems ... off to me. Is this an error or intended?

the damage the pistol does is Crushing which feels to be a Physical option so feels like just an error 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

Well if it was physical then stands to reason they would need to use ammo like the Ranger. Not really sure if having to use ammo for an offhand/secondary weapon would be a good use of the mechanic. Only played one a few times but isn't most of the abilities based on the rapier not the pistol? So again would seem like a waste to me to have to use ammo system for abilities that aren't used as often as other abilities in its kit.

Ranged arcane weapons would the confessors book and -maybe- whatever the frost weaver uses.

Would a druid staff count as ranged or melee arcane weapon?

She doesn't swing it she channels through it.

Well if it was physical then stands to reason they would need to use ammo like the Ranger. Not really sure if having to use ammo for an offhand/secondary weapon would be a good use of the mechanic. Only played one a few times but isn't most of the abilities based on the rapier not the pistol? So again would seem like a waste to me to have to use ammo system for abilities that aren't used as often as other abilities in its kit.

Crap now they will add ammo, thanks PANG.

CfWBSig.png

Pistols should absolutely be physical damage. 

The only exception I see is if a rodent wanted elemental bullets or something but requiring them to spec in to both physical and arcane ranged weapons for the bonus seems wrong to me. 

The deeper I read in to these skill trees the more it seems many skills are only placeholders until they can get around to refining them. At least I hope so...

These are flintlock pistols that repeat fire without ever being loaded. Sounds magic to me. 

My only question is, "what type of magical damage is it?"

My guess would be that they do the same type lightning damage a Druid's lightning does.

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

Magic bullet is magic.

Truth to be told, maybe it is also just a convenient way to distribute the weapon types in the game roughly equally.

Also, I would be ok crafting arrows (to some extent) as much as I would craft bullets. The off-hand argument is not valid as you can do decent things with a rapier only. It is not a complete new skill set like for the ranger, but the duelist is not to be played like the ranger either.

Now, if you want to push the realism:

- pistols like that would also need gun powder

- as well as a stick to press the powder again the start of the barrel for the trigger (to be replaced regularly too) to work

- did I mention you then need to take your pouch of bullets (pellets) and pour it into the barrel?

- oh, I forgot you also need to do that for every round shot.

- what about the dirt going into the barrel of pistol while underground?

- I hope the gunpowder pouch is water resistant, I tend to hide a lot in the water...

Edited by Eaden

Magic bullet is magic.

Truth to be told, maybe it is also just a convenient way to distribute the weapon types in the game roughly equally.

Also, I would be ok crafting arrows (to some extent) as much as I would craft bullets. The off-hand argument is not valid as you can do decent things with a rapier only. It is not a complete new skill set like for the ranger, but the duelist is not to be played like the ranger either.

Now, if you want to push the realism:

- pistols like that would also need gun powder

- as well as a stick to press the powder again the start of the barrel for the trigger (to be replaced regularly too) to work

- did I mention you then need to take your pouch of bullets (pellets) and pour it into the barrel?

- oh, I forgot you also need to do that for every round shot.

- what about the dirt going into the barrel of pistol while underground?

- I hope the gunpowder pouch is water resistant, I tend to hide a lot in the water...

Real bullets would be able to 1-shot, however...  

Piikaa / Pkaoo

rSHxVEY.gif

I think this is deliberate to due to there only being 2 forks for basic weapon skills, arcane and archery. If they make pistols physical they would have to make a new basic skill line for pistols instead of just utilizing an existing tree in arcane weapons.