Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MiracleMax

Meet the New Knight - Official Discussion Thread

Fellow Knight fans, rejoice (yes, I'm looking at you, Durenthal)-- the designers have given him some love.

Lead Designer Thomas Blair introduces the StamiKnight in today's update.

FULL STORY

Max Lancaster, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @crowfallgame | Like us on Facebook

Wow, this is a lot to digest. 

I like the stamina Knight. I always said it was weird to have a Knight use mana. I like the change to block where taking damage will drain additional stamina. 

Now that knights get shield bash daze on 3 consecutive hits are you going to leave the snare that's on the third LMB attack or is it being replaced by this shield bash mechanic?

Biggest hidden nugget in here is that ALL CLASSES will have C powers that need to be charged. Overall I think this is an EXCELLENT change. The only class that I think this could really hurt who doesn't need to be hurt is the Duelist. If a Duelist gets popped out of burrow and doesn't have C charged up they're going to be dead meat. 

Edited by blazzen

I am very much looking forward to testing these changes, and to seeing the revised Knight AT skill tree.  It doesn't feel like a large revision (I was hoping for more significant changes to the way block works), but I will test the hell out of it over the next few weeks.  The dodge suppress feels like a good addition.  The block eating stamina as a direct result of damage blocked also feels ok, depending on what generates stamina.  The "blocking give a damage increase" thing feels lovely.  We'll still have to balance time spent blocking with time spent attacking, and knowing when to block will be important.  Feels like a good way to add a skill component to the AT.

The change in C powers across the board is arguably the most significant point in the article though.   It feels like a direct nerf to the Myrm's ability to rage and hit C to smash someone immediately - really only the myrm uses their C power that offensively with a benefit for early use.  How much and how long it takes to charge up the soul power will be interesting.  It may also be a myrm buff in that if the myrm nets and pulls someone at the start of the fight, there's no C-power escape.  It could also mean that legios will now have to engage in battle more to enable their C power, rather than being healing bots on the edge of combat.

One last edit: No change to the C power effect?  It's still far and away the most useless C power in the game, then.

Edited by durenthal

I am very much looking forward to testing these changes, and to seeing the revised Knight AT skill tree.  It doesn't feel like a large revision (I was hoping for more significant changes to the way block works), but I will test the hell out of it over the next few weeks.

The change in C powers across the board is arguably the most significant point in the article though.   It feels like a direct nerf to the Myrm's ability to rage and hit C to smash someone immediately - really only the myrm uses their C power that offensively with a benefit for early use.  How much and how long it takes to charge up the soul power will be interesting.  It may also be a myrm buff in that if the myrm nets and pulls someone at the start of the fight, there's no C-power escape.

It's a big change to the legio too. Now they'll actually have to work to get that big "C" heal instead of just prancing around. It's a big change to all classes really. Confessors won't get away so easy now, nor will Duelists. 

Edited by blazzen

Pure speculation, but if they removed the -10% dps for ALL tank archtypes my Myrm might be even more ridiculous.

Article just says Knight. I agree, the Myrmidon doesn't need 10% more damage. 

Damage Increase

In addition, the rebalanced Knight also benefits from the removal of a 10% flat-damage penalty we have been applying to the Tank archetypes. Back in the early days, this knob gave us a simple way to adjust the archetypes, but that was back when we were limited to bare-bones functionality. We really don’t need it anymore; if we find an archetype is out of scale, we can now adjust it on a per-power basis, so we removed it.

*Also, starting anyone at a negative value for a stat kinda sucked.

Wow...... RMB supress... dope...

Soul Power? YES PLEASE! One question: Soooo... is there no longer a CD on any of the C powers (should we start calling them Ults now?) and is it just gated by a soul power threshold?

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Wow...... RMB supress... dope...

Soul Power? YES PLEASE! One question: Soooo... is there no longer a CD on any of the C powers (should we start calling them Ults now?) and is it just gated by a soul power threshold?

That's how I read it. So if you're taking and/or dealing massive damage you could get theoretically get your C power faster than the old cooldown. 

Reminds me of charging ULT abilities in ESO. I like this change. 

Edited by blazzen

Definitely some very good changes and very much appreciated.

What is the status of Oath of Will? Please tell me we won't have to continue spamming this ability every time it is off cooldown. The #3 ability regenerated stamina and I assume it still does. It will actually be useful now, so maybe we won't need Oath of Will any more.

I had hoped for some defense that wasn't tied to Block, but we'll see how it plays out. I can't wait to test the changes tomorrow.

Well, interesting stuff, though another AT that has to use powers to generate and consume it's resource - already not crazy about there being one of them...will Knight have a Stamina Burn, or is the Druid the only AT that is going to be saddled with that particular mechanic?

Edited by Anthrage

That's how I read it. So if you're taking and/or dealing massive damage you could get theoretically get your C power faster than the old cooldown. 

Reminds me of charging ULT abilities in ESO. I like this change.

Not a fan of ults and uber-I-win buttons.... I sincerely hope that is not the direction Blair is heading. It's bad enough as it is.

Give us basic tools and let the players come up with the team work and synergies that make it powerful.

I predict that the Knight will become a killing machine as a result of these changes. I can't wait to see what the Onslaught bleed damage will be like with the new damage increases.

Arkade/Durenthal/Soulein vs. the server imo.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

*Note that we are going to transition most archetypes over time to this consecutive hit system, rather than the current method of adding an effect built into the third attack.

Considering that this has come after the Templar power reveal/breakdown, I'm curious as to whether the 3rd LMB hit will still generate a pip.

Interested in playing a Knight again this weekend though; first time in a while.

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

A lot to digest!

Checking through the lists of stuff it really looks good.. right till I reach 1 single part :

• Soul Power is generated by hitting enemies and by being hit by enemies

All I can say is :

• As a ranger since ArtCraft have -yet- to adress the ranged ui/hitbox and all the issues with even hitting people with the ranged tree, this is a really a concerning situation. 
  • A situation that brings up the question : When will you adress the rather massive list of bugs/errors on the Ranger, cause effectively this change in the C ability and Soul Power, the ability to kite is taking a HUGE hit for the ranger.
Edited by Soulreaver

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

A lot to digest!

Checking through the lists of stuff it really looks good.. right till I reach 1 single part :

• Soul Power is generated by hitting enemies and by being hit by enemies

All I can say is :

• As a ranger since ArtCraft have -yet- to adress the ranged ui/hitbox and all the issues with even hitting people with the ranged tree, this is a really a concerning situation. 
  • A situation that brings up the question : When will you adress the rather massive list of bugs/errors on the Ranger, cause effectively this change in the C ability and Soul Power, the ability to kite is taking a HUGE hit for the ranger.

AFAIK, they haven't changed any of the other archetypes to this system yet. I imagine that when they do, they will look at other issues as well.