Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MiracleMax

Meet the New Knight - Official Discussion Thread

Not a fan of ults and uber-I-win buttons.... I sincerely hope that is not the direction Blair is heading. It's bad enough as it is.

Give us basic tools and let the players come up with the team work and synergies that make it powerful.

Agreed. Not a fan of a meta that is dominated by Ultimates.

IhhQKY6.gif

Not a fan of ults and uber-I-win buttons.... I sincerely hope that is not the direction Blair is heading. It's bad enough as it is.

Give us basic tools and let the players come up with the team work and synergies that make it powerful.

^ This

I-win buttons make the combat not fun. 

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Ult's shouldn't be powerful to the point that they're "I win" buttons (like the current Myrmidon ult) but I like the idea of having to work to activate them instead of just a cooldown timer. I think this was ACE's plan all along and that the templar functionality allowed them to implement this change. 

Edited by blazzen

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

Reminds me of charging ULT abilities in ESO. I like this change. 

Except in ESO (or any other game with ult charges really) there are a lot of different things that will charge your ult, not only hitting people and taking damage. I know it's everyone's dream that legios can't be backline healers anymore, I just don't think this is the best way to do it because it appears as if it will shoehorn all ATs into a specific playstyle. Instead of allowing different playstyles and different ways to build soul power. 

As for the specific Knight changes, sounds great. Can't wait to see knights this weekend. 

Ult's shouldn't be powerful to the point that they're "I win" buttons (like the current Myrmidon ult) but I like the idea of having to work to activate them instead of just a cooldown timer. I think this was ACE's plan all along and that the templar functionality allowed them to implement this change. 

The comparison between Soul Power and Ultimates are fair. We already called them that internally. Damn you Overwatch!

Well..they've had Champion's hatred resource and activation forever and this is basically that rolled out...

p.s. caenth ACE literally call these powers ultimates too ;p

65RUJo6.png

speaking of - any actual improvements to Whirling Leap in terms of damage or vaccum effect? Its hardly the best given physics issues....i'd of preferred it generating a temporary large barrier for self and allies hit by the wave FX as well personally... oh well :(

[e.g. a group utility if your just being ignored]

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Well..they've had Champion's hatred resource and activation forever and this is basically that rolled out...

p.s. caenth ACE literally call these powers ultimates too ;p

65RUJo6.png

LOL. Totally missed that. Officially they are called iFrame powers, but lets not nitpick. ;)

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Love the new changes, namely the crit for the second shield bash: gonna be fun to roam with knights. :)

And also like the C needing some sort of resource. Also, as Tinnis said: will it have some sort of decay too when out of combat (for like one minute)?

Yep .... We have a Soul based charge mechanic 

soul-glo-o.gif

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

I'd really like to know how healing affects this whole Soul Power change. If healing doesn't help out with generating Soul Power that would be....poor design choice imo. Should really be most actions that generate it; healing, taking damage, dealing damage. With different values for each class of AT...i.e tanks get more for doing damage/taking damage, DPS get more for doing damage and a smaller amount for taking damage, support get more for healing, etc.

Either way this will definitely shake things up to say the least. Looking forward to some different fights hopefully this weekend!

If healing doesn't help out with generating Soul Power that would be....poor design choice imo. 

I don't agree. Healing should not a main activity for any AT anyway, if healing isn't included this fits perfectly into their vision about healers I think. No Soul Power charge with healing is less healing. I'm a fan of that.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I'd really like to know how healing affects this whole Soul Power change. If healing doesn't help out with generating Soul Power that would be....poor design choice imo. Should really be most actions that generate it; healing, taking damage, dealing damage. With different values for each class of AT...i.e tanks get more for doing damage/taking damage, DPS get more for doing damage and a smaller amount for taking damage, support get more for healing, etc.

Either way this will definitely shake things up to say the least. Looking forward to some different fights hopefully this weekend!

I agree, healing should charge soul power. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

I'm the opposite, I would rather have a longer cooldown and know when the skill is available, than left with a charge up ability.  We will have to see how easy it is to charge up the C powers, but I don't like the proposed change at all.

The overall changes to the knight are long overdue, and for anyone that plays a night, congrats on hopefully a fun build coming your way.

lUvvzPy.png

Almost verbatim to my intended post.

I do like the change to stamina. Looking forward to testing the rest.