Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MiracleMax

Meet the New Knight - Official Discussion Thread

It sounds like Knight will be the best harvester Archetype. I'll name mine Pack Man.

Edited by BurgundytheRed

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

Let Knight pull friendlies (and apply a barrier) plz.

THIS^. Would be so epic to pull allies that are in danger or stunned away. Also really liking the knight changes alot, def a feel in the right direction for it i think. I like the C power build up, tho i get the feeling some classes will regen faster than others. Once the Templar is released I will have nothing but tanks as my main AT's... Why u do dis 2 me?

krevra.png

It sounds like Knight will be the best harvester Archetype. I'll name mine Pack Man.

Er...

Actually..

I'd presume their stamina restoring capacities are tied to actually hitting targets (like the current version on Knight and Ranger)

making the knight literally the worst person to be harvesting with.....as you'll be draining your own stamina harvesting and then BAM JUMPED...NO STAMINA OR INSTANT C POWER FOR YOUUU

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Er...

Actually..

I'd presume their stamina restoring capacities are tied to actually hitting targets (like the current version on Knight and Ranger)

making the knight literally the worst person to be harvesting with.....as you'll be draining your own stamina harvesting and then BAM JUMPED...NO STAMINA OR INSTANT C POWER FOR YOUUU

I think he was referring to the lower food consumption due to the higher amount of stamina required for combat, though they could easily adjust just the in-combat food rate and leave the out of combat rate untouched.

I like these changes. I also really like the idea of soul power abilities and getting rewarded for making big plays with more C powers.

Once this is tuned properly I think it will be very fun similar to how in Overwatch getting ultimate momentum is very fun when you're on a hot streak.

I wonder, does blocking an attack reduce the amount of Soul Glo the knight accumulates? What about mitigation from armor? Or is it based on the amount of the attack before mitigation?

Oh good question...

Also the interaction with HP barriers (asuming oath of will still has a barrier, or druid/duelist barriers, or druid's barkskin physical blocking?)

How will berserk work with this? If you take the berserk crash can you double charge yourself?

[really starting to fear back to back raging bulls now in a world where you can't easily C power out of a net ¬_¬ ]

Also old request that is now more important than ever: we need to be able to see stamina values on the bar!

Will soul charging be consistent across all archetypes?

e.g. you have to take X damage or deal Y damage

Will some charge faster than others?

Will druids still be penalised to have charge x3.6 slower than everyone else (despite their inability to consistently apply any serious amount of damage whatsoever for only a minority of the time)

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

How will berserk work with this? If you take the berserk crash can you double charge yourself?

With Berserk, Myrms will be able to both take damage (that is instantly healed) and do damage at the same time.

I think they will have to adjust the numbers by archetype.

I hope the stamina regeneration powers work outside of combat for harvesting.  Exploiting mechanics is what makes beta and release games so much fun.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

I hope the stamina regeneration powers work outside of combat for harvesting.  Exploiting mechanics is what makes beta and release games so much fun.

If this is the case, Knights will be harvesting machines.

Will find out tomorrow. But I do know that stamina regen is split into two skills, one for in combat the other for out of combat.

So, if Soul Power is the only thing needed to use C power then it seems like another buff to Myrmidon and another nerf to Druid :) Myrmidon deals and takes damage all the time, and Druid doesn't even have a damaging LMB attack. My group always fights outnumbered and I barely have time to deal damage, I have to heal all the time to let my teammates deal damage, and they do it much better than me. So now I have to hope someone will be hitting me well enough in order to 1) not to kill me, 2) charge my SP up. In this case I will be able to at least use my ult more often then once in 4 minutes.

I'm confused and a little frustrated. Let's see how it works in game tho.

Edited by sedside

So, if Soul Power is the only thing needed to use C power then it seems like another buff to Myrmidon and another nerf to Druid :) Myrmidon deals and takes damage all the time, and Druid doesn't even have a damaging LMB attack. My group always fights outnumbered and I barely have time to deal damage, I have to heal all the time to let my teammates deal damage, and they do it much better than me. So now I have to hope someone will be hitting me well enough in order to 1) not to kill me, 2) charge my SP up. In this case I will be able to at least use my ult more often then once in 4 minutes.

I'm confused and a little frustrated. Let's see how it works in game tho.

I think it's the sp cost (which is hopefully not universal, hopefully different ultimate require different amount of sp) plus the cool down timers (running on the assumption) that's going to be the real killer here. Essence scram is a 180s cool down and in death only heals herself (unless this changed recent; personally I think it should heal teammates around her as well). Edited by helix

just one question:

how support supposed to generate soul resource? by doing dmg or by going inside enemy mess to get dmg?

I think it is also should slowly generate from healing.

At the end there will be alot of work on balance around generating sould resource...

Druid's love you again imho

add:

overall you dug yourself a deep hole of endless disbalance with those "soul" resource on C powers

before you need to work only around CD and sometimes around mechanic/numbers.

now on top of current problems you bring urself

• performance/bugs/unpolished problems (say hello to bugged icons like champion rage skill have)
  • balance problems based on broken designed mechanics of some classes (rat escape, lego c heal, myrmi crash mitigation etc). knight ulti was useless so ye, there is only one class do not get problems with those new system
  • generating speed and C cost for some classes (TESO copy isn't good idea. I sure this system even much worse than TESO have). Confessors with hundreds LMB say thx for free generating. All melee say "thx" to add more random uncontrolled skills. And individual thx from druid who looks like should forget about C power.

need to test first ofcouse. but except adding some kind of counter strike to knight skills all other seems not worth to get in

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550