Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

walk me through your thoughts on the difference Plentiful vs Critical in Harvesting

Anhrez

lets talk copper ore as i like to think Duelist yum yum metal (crit, alloy part of crit damage and alloy part of crushing damage for pew pew)

Plentiful means more likely to be successful in just plain harvesting Copper but also a chance to get higher quality of Copper

but

Critical means I get a proc and I get better resources of the target node Copper 

so Plentiful help my Crit chances but not as much as if I stack all mt training in Crit harvesting?

kIULnRz.png

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

Plentiful harvest increases the number of doobers you get from any successful harvest on a node.

Critical harvest chance increases the chance for a critical harvest on the *final* harvest of a node. A critical harvest spews doobers like a piñata with an increased chance for higher quality doobers.

Critical harvest amount increases the number of doobers you get from a successful critical harvest.

Edit: also, for what it's worth, Beneficial Harvest grants a chance on the *final* harvest of a node to grant you a temporary buff, like bonus movespeed.

Edited by goose

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

I get what your saying but the wording makes me feel Plentiful encroaches on Critical 

Potential Higher Quality .... per non last hit of a node Plentiful acts as a Critical increase but not on the last hit?

just seems wonky to me 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

Goose nailed it.

If it makes it easier, correlate it to damage.

Plentiful damage = more damage in general

Critical Damage = a HUGE amount of damage on the final hit

Quality (green, blue, purple etc) relates to node tier (1 thru 10) and your tool's ability to harvest said node (with skills)

Edited by Rhast

So if I wanted to attempt to mine a Motherlode solo ...

Plentiful moves the node down more for each hit

mixed with out of combat stamina regen

spec training all the way through Great Picks to increase my damage per strike 

Again Plentiful damage in one part of the tree then another part of the tree (under Familiarity) also changes damage? 

not sure why damage has its own training line when Plentiful is the stat for damage? 

LR0tCJt.png

Negative.

Mother Lodes cannot be mined solo. They regen hp at a faster rate than a single player can reduce it (to force teamwork :o)

Plentiful means that on average you should get more ore per destruction phase. 

The rate at which you can damage a node comes down to skills that give +mining and the tool (that also has +mining).  

Example skill:

MiningSkill.png

Plentiful Harvest – Perhaps the most powerful stat in the harvesting lineup, this stat shifts the harvest loot tables into more powerful versions of the loot tables for that type and rank of resource node. All players start at version 1 of the loot tables.

Harvest Critical Chance – This is a percentage base stat (similar to a critical damage hit in combat) which only rolls on node destruction. If successful, the player has an additional bonus loot table added to the harvest result.

Harvest Critical Amount – This stat adds the potential for additional loot into the critical harvest bonus loot table when you have a critical harvest.

LOOT TABLE EXAMPLE

Here is an example of a loot table for a rank 10 copper node [based on the world/land difficulty]

The player only rolls on one row on this table when they destroy a resource node.

Which row is chosen is determined by the player’s plentiful harvest stat for that type of node

(each node type has a specific plentiful harvest stat, like ‘plentiful harvest: copper’, which only applies when you are harvesting copper nodes).

As the plentiful harvest stat increases, this will shift the row selection into loot tables that have better potential rolls.

Hzhtimz.png

Negative.

Mother Lodes cannot be mined solo. They regen hp at a faster rate than a single player can reduce it (to force teamwork :o)

Plentiful means that on average you should get more ore per destruction phase. 

The rate at which you can damage a node comes down to skills that give +mining and the tool (that also has +mining).  

Example skill:

MiningSkill.png

Sure they are not meant to be mined solo but that does not mean that I can't ! 

last cycle I was able to get the node down 10% before i ran out of mojo so I suspect I might be able to maximize some options and get it to the first loot drop before they nerf the numbers 

also one other impact on the damage a node takes ... swings between the time you run out of stamina and the regen cycle of the node. A single player can damage a Motherlode faster then it can regen but only for a short time till the player runs out of Stamina. Is there a process to regen out of combat stamina that could allow a player to push the motherlode to the first loot output before Motherlode over takes damage received with its repair? 

Edited by anhrezcf

LR0tCJt.png

Sure they are not meant to be mined solo but that does not mean that I can't ! 

last cycle I was able to get the node down 10% before i ran out of mojo so I suspect I might be able to maximize some options and get it to the first loot drop before they nerf the numbers 

also one other impact on the damage a node takes ... swings between the time you run out of stamina and the regen cycle of the node. A single player can damage a Motherlode faster then it can regen but only for a short time till the player runs out of Stamina. Is there a process to regen out of combat stamina that could allow a player to push the motherlode to the first loot output before Motherlode over takes damage received with its repair? 

If there is it will probably be patched out because they are not supposed to be harvestable solo. But as far as I know, there isn't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

There are some other differences here that seem worth mentioning.

From what I can tell, each and every time you fully harvest an ore node, you receive exactly 5 grey quality ore.

You may or may not receive some white or green ore on top of this.

[i've harvested an enormous number of ore nodes and tracked the number of grey ore that drops its ALWAYS five.  There may be one or two cases in which is wasn't but I suspect that was me losing a piece of ore under some cobblestone.  This has been incredibly consistent] 

If you have plentiful harvest enabled, then the chance that you get a white or a green drop increases.

If you have beneficial harvest, then the very last whack at the node gives you a chance to drop large amounts of ore.

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

These are some of the reason I think getting a range of node level in game is really important

Hell move in Slag Nodes 1-10 in Sanctuary .... its not really yet about the specific ore but about understanding and testing our skill choices and crafting choice upon the expected/unexpected outcome of gathering.

LR0tCJt.png

These are some of the reason I think getting a range of node level in game is really important

Hell move in Slag Nodes 1-10 in Sanctuary .... its not really yet about the specific ore but about understanding and testing our skill choices and crafting choice upon the expected/unexpected outcome of gathering.

I...half agree and half disagree.

There's no real benefit from a testing perspective to giving us access to varying quality nodes. The devs won't learn anything from that that they couldn't learn through internal testing or just looking at spreadsheets. It doesn't serve any function in a pre-alpha test.

On the flipside, this is a very nonstandard pre-alpha test, and giving us some higher quality nodes to fight over would be a good distraction until they add some real POIs.

Edit: ..in other words, I agree with your outcome, but not with the logic that brought you there.

Edited by goose

I...half agree and half disagree.

There's no real benefit from a testing perspective to giving us access to varying quality nodes. The devs won't learn anything from that that they couldn't learn through internal testing or just looking at spreadsheets. It doesn't serve any function in a pre-alpha test.

On the flipside, this is a very nonstandard pre-alpha test, and giving us some higher quality nodes to fight over would be a good distraction until they add some real POIs.

Edit: ..in other words, I agree with your outcome, but not with the logic that brought you there.

I guess we can agree to disagree on this ... I would state that in many cases enabling a testing player base to generate their own % and comparing to the assumptions the devs have can be very healthy.

Llets look at minerals from this last patch.

Blairs Post:

Minerals with the harvest potion should be a 20% drop on the perstage tables. If you have the skill trained it is up to 30% on the perstage tables.So 3 chances per Mother Lode Node to get the mineral that type of stone produces. Minerals should be pretty common and it sounds like they are not. Will look and see where it broke on the way to Live.

Did you see 20% in your testing? I sure in the heck did not, and having the community crowd source their discussion gives the devs something outside their internal testing. How many more of these are out there? So you may see no real benefit ... but so far I can see an easy one in helping challenge the drop %assumption that devs have and then I pivot on your flipside comment and agree that until POIs are in game we could see these become POI's to help generate more conflict.

LR0tCJt.png

I guess we can agree to disagree on this ... I would state that in many cases enabling a testing player base to generate their own % and comparing to the assumptions the devs have can be very healthy.

Llets look at minerals from this last patch.

Blairs Post:

Minerals with the harvest potion should be a 20% drop on the perstage tables. If you have the skill trained it is up to 30% on the perstage tables.So 3 chances per Mother Lode Node to get the mineral that type of stone produces. Minerals should be pretty common and it sounds like they are not. Will look and see where it broke on the way to Live.

Did you see 20% in your testing? I sure in the heck did not, and having the community crowd source their discussion gives the devs something outside their internal testing. How many more of these are out there? So you may see no real benefit ... but so far I can see an easy one in helping challenge the drop %assumption that devs have and then I pivot on your flipside comment and agree that until POIs are in game we could see these become POI's to help generate more conflict.

I think we may actually be disagreeing about two different things here.

There are two different test environments that the devs use during pre-alpha, and in a normal pre-alpha those would both be what I am referring to as "internal testing."

What I mean isn't the difference between the local servers and live. What I mean is that they don't - or wouldn't normally - need US to identify those errors, because they could and would be running those tests in-house. The fact that they have opened up their pre-alpha to early backers changes that dynamic somewhat, which is part of why I agree with your conclusion.

There's a lot to unpack and most of it isn't really important. Especially since I have a headache. :P

The tl;dr is that I mostly agree with you, and the parts of your statement that I don't agree with are mostly not important or relevant or both.

Edit: sorry if that wasn't clear the first time. *I* knew what I meant. :P

Edited by goose

If there is it will probably be patched out because they are not supposed to be harvestable solo. But as far as I know, there isn't.

This might be hard to do with the new model.

If a "professional" harvester has the best Purple picks, odds are they will do more base damage than 2X of an unprofessional harvester.

Not sure if anyone else noticed it, but the mother loads lost 3 of the human figures (number of people required), in that update.  I suspect that is due to the change in model and 5 figures no longer really represent what is required.