Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trading

narsille

Here's one thing that I really like about the crafting system:

Dedicated crafters have now gotten far enough into their training that there is a significant difference in the item quality produced by a specialized blacksmith as opposed to Joe Random.

A bunch of us were making armor and weapons today and it was quite cool the way the intermediate goods were being passed around from crafter to crafter.

I am expecting (or at least hoping for) a pretty rich economy...

Edited by narsille

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

I just hit my copper harvesting end.  Still need two plentiful harvests from ... somewhere ... but I am seeing the odd green without pots.

Big difference on efficiency, not having to spend time building pots all the time to snag copper.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

I just hit my copper harvesting end.  Still need two plentiful harvests from ... somewhere ... but I am seeing the odd green without pots.

Big difference on efficiency, not having to spend time building pots all the time to snag copper.

At the moment, harvesting pots are so cheap and fast to make, it hardly seems onerous to craft a stack before harvesting.  I have no idea if the recipes/process will get more involved later on though.  But does the combination of excavation skills and pots together give you a higher chance of purples (i.e. do they stack)?  Because that would be worth the investment even now.

At the moment, harvesting pots are so cheap and fast to make, it hardly seems onerous to craft a stack before harvesting.  I have no idea if the recipes/process will get more involved later on though.  But does the combination of excavation skills and pots together give you a higher chance of purples (i.e. do they stack)?  Because that would be worth the investment even now.

Has zero impact on purple, those come from chests. Best you can whack from a node is green, 3 in a set if your lucky.

As for "onerous", first you have 4 pots for 10 min of harvesting.  Usually one fails so that's 5. That costs you 10 ore, 12 if your doing a combine pot to reduce the multiple fails in a row.  

So lets say you do 3 batches to get 30 minutes, that takes approx 7-10 min to bake out the 12 pots, costing 30 ore.

Then you have to make a pick per pot set, so there is another 12 ore cost and another 5-8 minutes for 3.  

Total time for 30 minutes of harvesting 15 minutes of crafting, or 1/3 of your time is spent crafting so you can harvest.

And you lose 42-50 ore in the process of doing that.

That's not counting wood and apples you have to grab along the way to make more ruins and eat.

So yea, I'd call 1/3 of your time, and 1/5th or so of your production kinda "onerous", especially since a fully trained player which is simulated by the pots, is supposed to be able to support multiple peoples resource needs.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken