Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Thyla

Increase of combat mobility

Combat mobility  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the ATs to be more mobile in combat ?

• Yes, more mobility would add to the combat experience
    • No, more mobility would negatively impact combat

The issue is the lack of CC across the archetypes.

Myrm obviously has no issue here.

Knight has some issue, he has a pull but its hard to land and then the follow up CC is sort of not there.

Champ is a joke.

Duelist is..tricky in the best case. If has his pips pre fight then theres a chance he can stun lock.

Lego has a decent snare on his RMB and really good base movement speed, he still cant quite catch a confessor but i dont think he is ment to.

Confessor is the mobility/CC king. Comes from his low cooldowns on his two CC's and his long dashing.

Druid has great mobility but last consistent CC.

Ranger has a suppress but its not something that can be used in a chase.

So it seems the issue is more of the archetypes are not equal with their consistent CC. But the question has to be, are they supposed to be? Do we all give them stuns/slows/roots? How much do we try and make them the same before they become generic.

I think currently the game has more than enough mobility, in some cases maybe to much, but thats okay. POI's will hopefully bring fighting in closer and fleeing means you will lose your poorly made socks.

This and what a lot of other people have said in this thread, drive a lot of the "arguments" I made in my General Gameplay thread. I wasn't talking strictly about mobility anywhere in there also, but a lot of these things I see also contributing to the lack of interesting gameplay/interactions between ATs.

It's tough because the way mobility is currently is something I really enjoy about the game, but also has contributed to some of the issues I feel are present.

I think it's fair to say that a large portion of players who pick the game up after launch will be solo, and a bad solo experience will definitely turn them away . Now I'm not saying turn the game upside down and inside out just to cater to solo players, but it's definitely something the devs should pay attention to if they want to attract more customers and maintain a healthy population.

Yeah it's true that a large portion on player will solo at the beginning, but this fact doesnt matter on the balance of the class. My point here is that it's normal that a certain archetype cannot 1v2 against 2 intermediate players. It doesnt make sense. The archetypes arent balanced yet, so I was just saying that it might be a good idea to forget the 1v5 confessor fights :P

Yah I share opinions with a lot of the posts in this thread. Though in my ideal game, each AT would bring something specialized to the table that other AT's can't necessarily bring. The only problems I see with the current mobility system is like fessors who can pretty much outrun any AT that can actually kill them...and also have pretty heavy CC on short cooldowns. 

I'd rather see the fessor be the mobile damage dealer, and something like the knight be the CC heavy AT (obviously there can be some overlap, but in general knight should have more lock-down potential than the highest DPS in the game), and then something like a ranger can bring soft CC, and the maybe the druid brings a hard root, etc. So picking group composition isn't just "ok, fessor does better DPS and CC and mobility than any other DPS so let's bring them. And myrm does better DPS and CC than any other tank so let's bring them"

I'd really like to be able to tweak my group composition based around the style that that group wants to play, rather than bringing just whatever does everything best.

I like the sounds of this, making group comps actually matter. 

I'd love for the game to have increased mobility, but I wonder how that would impact performance.  In landmark they actually had to nerf movement speed because people were moving faster than the world could load and it caused major performance problems.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Ironically this is one area I think the game in it's current form actually caters to quite well. Crafting is a solo experience, and while crafters will need to rely on others to provide their needed resources, given how difficult it will be to craft top tier items and how sought after they will be, I don't see this as much of a problem. I suspect Cooking will fall into this category as well, as may Animal Husbandry - these may keep a solo player busy, entertained, and well-paid.

As yet unseen - again, ironically - but possibly also suitable to solo players are the Scouting and Tracking area of gameplay, also very needful and possibly requiring some dedication in time investment and/or skill training. There are quite a few 'professions' which I can see people who run solo could take up that would keep them occupied with enjoyable activities, and be important parts of the overall system.

I agree however when it comes to solo combat, and combat in general. Things as they are just do not feel right. (as unhelpful and vague as that is)

I think it's fair to say that a large portion of players who pick the game up after launch will be solo, and a bad solo experience will definitely turn them away . Now I'm not saying turn the game upside down and inside out just to cater to solo players, but it's definitely something the devs should pay attention to if they want to attract more customers and maintain a healthy population.

Edited by Anthrage

I haven't really chimed in here yet, but I think the speed of combat / mobility is actually fine atm for the type of game they're making. They're not looking to make the next darkfall (which IMO, wasn't really all that fast) or unreal tournament. Combat isn't amazing, but it's not the turd we had 6 or so months ago. It's just "okay"; but I'll settle for that over the alternative. A lot of the boredom attributed to it is because the limited options each archetype has (which hopefully will be resolved), and the lack of any real clear objective.

The faster you make combat and the more mobility you inject in it, the more chaotic and unintelligible it might become for the "average" player (which if ACE want to make money, will most likely aim for). So that's always a concern the devs need to take into consideration.

Edited by helix

I like it when I am fast and the other players are slow.

Before they nerfed dash distances I felt like a ninja-horse blinking around the battlefield faster than anyone could target me. It was less fun when I was trying to kill other people and they were doing the same thing. And with everyone doing it the battlefield was comical. Good thing the hunger eventually came, or I think we'd have been a swirling ball of blinking combatants forever.

IhhQKY6.gif