Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daddie

Parcels and resources

So I was browsing the store and was looking at the parcels. I have a weakspot for land, the part I also liked to most on Magic the Gathering :D

Not all parcels have a complete description yet (check the Parcel Farm Rank 1 for example). The Parcel Woodland Grove mentions that it produces knotwood. The Parcel Woodland Creek produces even more; knotwood, cobblestone and slag ore.

Checking the Parcel Shire Rank 1 the description does not mention anything about producing anything. Same for the Parcel Province Mountain Rank 2, which is really huge. Does this mean those parcels don't produce anything? Or is the description incomplete?

Okay, parcels are part of the eternal kingdoms (aka E.K).

With the campaign system they showed us, you cannot get "high tier" ressources in the E.K.

I would be something like the Sanctuary server, where you can only harvest low tier materials like cobblestone, slag,etc.

SfSBkCB.jpg

The higher the tier/difficulty, better the ressources. This is subject to change btw

We don't know yet what they're going to do with the parcels/E.K but as far I can tell, there is no plan to add ressource gathering in those worlds.

Edited by Chekko

Thanks for the answer. I have read about EK and watched the video's about it. And I am aware that higher tier resources can only be gathered in campaigns. I was curious if the parcels being sold produce any resources at all.

We simple don't know yet. The question came up several times now, but there was no answer. So ACE probably hasn't made a decision about this detail yet.

In general parcels have been split into stronghold parcels and resource parcels. That hints that stronghold parcels won't include harvestable resouce knots. On the other side, a blank stronghold parcel with no trees and stones at all would just look strange. How they will solve this, i don't know.

But i expect stronghold parcels not to provide the opportunity to harvest basic resources -- or only very limited. Otherwise the existence of resource parcels just won't make any sense.

Im sure once the game reaches beta they'll have all the details sorted out ... its still pre alpha after all 

If anything just suicide it until victory

Can we all agree that loots = orgasm?

We simple don't know yet. The question came up several times now, but there was no answer. So ACE probably hasn't made a decision about this detail yet.

In general parcels have been split into stronghold parcels and resource parcels. That hints that stronghold parcels won't include harvestable resouce knots. On the other side, a blank stronghold parcel with no trees and stones at all would just look strange. How they will solve this, i don't know.

But i expect stronghold parcels not to provide the opportunity to harvest basic resources -- or only very limited. Otherwise the existence of resource parcels just won't make any sense.

A way they could solve this is causing the stronghold parcels to come with few resources that do not actively spawn.  Maybe spawn once every 24 hours.  Then the resource parcels can spawn every hour or so to encourage people to get them over the freebies on the strong hold parcels.  Add in a toggle-able harvest option on the parcels to stop people from clearing the eye candy could also be a nice touch too.

Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall