Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Handies

Please scale down numbers

They should divide the numbers by 20.

Anyway I am glad they answered my question somewhat on the Q&A, I really do believe smaller numbers are better though.

50k/20= 2500. That would be in range of health pools in Shadowbane. Lower numbers would allow an easier implementation of future Expansions without having to Stat squash.

yes please.

Its easy to read 162 , 153 , 157 , 198 , 163 but mutch harder to read 2511 , 2533 , 2698 I would only read the first 2 numbers as it takes far to mutch conzentration to read the whole number the entire time.

But to make crits more visible, i would even go further down and make it so normal dmg is in the 2 digit number while high crits are 3 digit ( 50 , 55 , 113 "uh nice i did a crit there"). That would make the whole system very easy to follow while still providing crit dmg feedback.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us now!

50k/20= 2500. That would be in range of health pools in Shadowbane. Lower numbers would allow an easier implementation of future Expansions without having to Stat squash.

That is not how expansions will work. At least it wouldnt make much sense. We are still talking about Crowfall right?

I AM ME!
I love you all.

I think 1% bonus from 200 dmg is a joke

this way they should play around rounding very much

Which is perhaps why we have large numbers to begin with?  .5% of 1000 is going to go over a lot better than .5% of 100 (which players would outright reject).  Still, that is a problem with damage modifiers and ideally would be addressed at that level instead of using big, goofy numbers. 

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

Back in my day, every single point mattered. If you had five hundred health you were invincible, and we whispered stories about the guy who once got a crit in the three digit range. When a group mob with thousands of health rolled up on your group, you crapped your pants. We bragged about our dpm instead of dps. Kids these days, they don't get excited about a gear upgrade until they need scientific notation to compare the stats. Why I remember when armor didn't even give stats! It gave armor, it blocked damage and that was IT because that's what armor DOES.

I agree.

I would like lower the numbers too. Something like 12k health would be the super maximum reserved to the most geared player would be fine.

If it goes lower then that I'll be happy too and if it doesn't well I'll still play the game but really theese large numbers are useless.

I have a feeling that they went with bigger numbers because it's easier to show improvement and perhaps easier to balance over all. TTK was also considrable lower back then as well; not something I was a big fan of.