Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nephal

A comment on customer service.

Context:  The last MMO that I played was Archeage.  I had inherited over time essentially all of my original guild's holdings (an absolutely massive contiguous area in an ideal location).  One day I went to log on and one of my two accounts was locked.  I immediately sent an email and waited.  I didn't get a response in weeks, even though I repeatedly attempted to do everything I could.  *Poof* the land started to go and that was it for me in Archeage. 

Today:  I sent an email at 11:12PM to ArtCraft Support mentioning that I had my email linked to both my Crowfall and MicroVenture accounts and had not recieved my investment bonuses yet.  Fully expecting to have merely missed something obvious I got an email back ELEVEN MINUTES LATER from Gordon telling me he had solved the problem.  Keep in mind it was after 10pm in Austin...

The Point: Just wanted to say publicly how much I valued such customer service, especially in an age where in order to talk to someone at my cable company I had to wait on hold for over two hours last week...

Nephal et al

Good support is important. I have a similar experience with Gameforge, which is a terrible publisher overall. And one clothes shop is also good. They develop incredible effort to convince me that I really can add these jeans into a shopping cart. I tried it once more using two different browsers (including their recommended) and three different computers. I really can't add them. But they continue convincing me I can...

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

Good support is important. I have a similar experience with Gameforge, which is a terrible publisher overall. And one clothes shop is also good. They develop incredible effort to convince me that I really can add these jeans into a shopping cart. I tried it once more using two different browsers (including their recommended) and three different computers. I really can't add them. But they continue convincing me I can...

Well conviction can move mountains ;), so maybe you are just not convinced enough

Ofc it could also be because you are not trying to move a mountain :P

On Monday evening, the tap (faucet), sprung a leak in my bathroom.

I was sent an email to ArtCraft support, and within 11, eleven, minutes, a plumber arrived at my house - and fixed the leak. For this reason alone, I bought another imperial palace.

Being serious for a moment ... +1 to the support hype train at ACE.

"Proud" owner of the domains : http://www.crowfall2.com and http://www.guinecean.com

Have I had problems? Sure - every game under development does.

Has every single problem been addressed and resolved to my full satisfaction? Yes 

Gordon, can you please reach out to Verizon Wireless and offer to speak at their next CSR meeting???

Piikaa / Pkaoo

rSHxVEY.gif

Context:  The last MMO that I played was Archeage.  I had inherited over time essentially all of my original guild's holdings (an absolutely massive contiguous area in an ideal location).  One day I went to log on and one of my two accounts was locked.  I immediately sent an email and waited.  I didn't get a response in weeks, even though I repeatedly attempted to do everything I could.  *Poof* the land started to go and that was it for me in Archeage. 

Today:  I sent an email at 11:12PM to ArtCraft Support mentioning that I had my email linked to both my Crowfall and MicroVenture accounts and had not recieved my investment bonuses yet.  Fully expecting to have merely missed something obvious I got an email back ELEVEN MINUTES LATER from Gordon telling me he had solved the problem.  Keep in mind it was after 10pm in Austin...

The Point: Just wanted to say publicly how much I valued such customer service, especially in an age where in order to talk to someone at my cable company I had to wait on hold for over two hours last week...

Nephal et al

Best customer service I've ever seen.

The customer service is great, and you have to love the small indie feel of a passionate founder getting in there and doing customer service work.

That should not go unnoticed, but also it shouldn't be compared to giant companies like blizzard or comcast perhaps which have a much larger volume of stuff to deal with.

I think having good customer service is something that many big businesses that reached critical mass stopped worrying about, because they know they can abuse the customers and cut costs at the expense of customer service quality. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Well conviction can move mountains ;), so maybe you are just not convinced enough

Ofc it could also be because you are not trying to move a mountain :P

I gave up shopping there. It is odd when only support can add things into a shopping cart--

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

I experienced Gordon efficiency also and he should be commended,

however I think that it would be both impractical and unsustainable to have just Gordon providing support.after launch there would need to be a team (covering potentially all major languages) available to respond to support requests.

Edited by Mhudson324

Never felt that well taken care of. It's just great and a very special experience. The shown dedication and passion is simply outstanding and inspiring.

But

I wouldn't name it Customer Service. It's (mostly) Gordon. And he's the executive producer. There is one question that haunts me more than others: What will happen later, when it comes to a regular CS?

If When the game will be successful and the company grows, ACE will have to build a regular customer service. Gordon can decide whatever he wants to decide. And right now it is more important to solve problems in our interest - to keep us confident for example. Both will have to change in the future. At some point CS will be employees. And employees  can't do whatever they want to do. I am sure that the company policy won't change. But the circumstances will. And so will CS. Given that we have been spoilt by Gordon that much, i am afraid what the old backers might think about a future and probably (even if only slightly) changed CS.

I see the same problem when it comes to Travian. And more grave. First of all it's a different company (the main decisions will probably stay with ACE). And we already know that it's passion is not as big as ACE's, when it comes to communication with the crowfall customers (no offense, but: hello updates and informations, where are you?). Will the same be true for the european CS? Currently we are talking to Gordon. In the future, when it comes to problems, will we have to talk to CS representatives who don't have a clue about crowfall and meet decisions based on keywords and a list of standard answers, while we have been three years into the game? Will we have the usual customer block service? Fights over fights and endless bickering until a representative asks the community manager, who maybe at some point asks Jess, who maybe at some point may ask Gordon to get a final solution? It would be normal and i expect exactely this to happen. But i also already know that i couldn't like it. And others neither. And that might become a problem.

So it would be interesting to know what the plans are for the future CS. Especially when it comes to the non-U.S. CS.

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Game Support should only come from those who play the game not from a generic pool of support staff.  

Speed and accuracy is vital in any support structure.  Currently having Gordon responding has been giving both but it would not be feasible for that to continue after game launch.  So there will be a need for a support structure, its vital that those supporting the game not only play but have direct access to developers and execs.

Fights over fights and endless bickering until a representative asks the community manager, who maybe at some point asks Jess, who maybe at some point may ask Gordon to get a final solution?

The Feedback loop is vital for any game. and should roughly follow Players > Staff > Company > Staff > Players but for that to work well the process needs to be quick and streamlined. After all why should a supporter wait 24 hours for a response from the CSR/ CM who will then wait for a Dev / Exec  when they should be able to poke someone from ACE directly in a chat.  As the game and CS matures I would expect there to be less need for ACE to be involved directly in providing answers but they should always be available as resources for the CS team.

Even tho im slightly biased, I don't think the traditional cs/cm model at TG would fit perfectly here without changes.  Crowfall is completely different from a browserbased game so the standard support models would need to be altered.

Edited by Mhudson324