Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Templar powers & FX - Official discussion thread

Dat execute damage. I assume it can critical too? Goddamn. Should've just called the ability "Get fcked!", even have her yell it out as she's spanking you.

The question is, does holy damage bypass "Invulnerable"?

Is this an answer to the Myrm's 'C'?

Ug. She is great and all, but it's just another AT some ATs have no chance of contending with. CF may not be designed around 1v1s, but they will happen in release, and they represent the majority of fights that happen in testing right now. I get that an overall balance pass is coming, but with each patch, you are nerfing/bugging some ATs while buffing/adding new powerful ones. You're going to have to playtest some of the ATs excusively in-house soon, because before long, no-one else will be playing them.

A lot of work went into the Templar and it shows, she looks great. Maybe a little bit more work could be put into, at a minimum, making some of the other ATs at least baseline viable in combat by fixing what has been bugged and restoring what has been nerfed. Balance can wait, but this isn't balance, it's repairing what you've broken.

RIP Champions

pretty mutch. I could see the champ work again if he had 90k hp, his surpress and blind being AoE again and the jump on 10 sec CD  ;)

Edited by Xenotor

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us now!

An execute ability on a tank? I have to say, I'm very skeptical of this decision. I generally think it's bad game balance to include executes on tanks. We'll have to wait and see how she plays.

o8WHnLc.png

An execute ability on a tank? I have to say, I'm very skeptical of this decision. I generally think it's bad game balance to include executes on tanks. We'll have to wait and see how she plays.

there is no tanks in the game

all melee should be tankish and dd. coz range is more mobility

imho

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

there is no tanks in the game

all melee should be tankish and dd. coz range is more mobility

imho

Well we definitely have tanks now, so I'm not sure I agree. I guess I'm just worried this will allow Templars to go for low-damage/high-tankiness builds, and rely on their execute damage to still destroy squishy archetypes.

o8WHnLc.png

Well we definitely have tanks now, so I'm not sure I agree. I guess I'm just worried this will allow Templars to go for low-damage/high-tankiness builds, and rely on their execute damage to still destroy squishy archetypes.

I'm not making this up. just thinking after all "balance" fixes in last 8 month.

melee AT stronger in melee, more survivability and bad at escaping. I think at the end knight and champ will get real redux (not those joke like it is now)

range AT are best at distance and have best mobility. their power can be not so obviously but at the massive pvp you will remember my worlds staying behind dying melee's AT and doing frags from walls.

all other are supports (with the same segmentation - melee and range) and also we have group of hybrids - rat/ranger who are 50/50

I really don't like style they chose to classify AT's inside 4 segments (tank mitigation, tank dodge etc) coz t is something like Moba style.

and example: if melee AT get alot of mobility - they should dramatically reduce dps and do not touch survivability. if range dps AT become tankish, well, he is not anymore range dps AT. basics.

you can say buut myrm is god mod dps melee. yes, dps is way toooo high but mobility and possibility to escape - zero. also he have unique risk vs revard mechanic - kamikaze. 1 mistake and you die in seconds.

champion for example in his best times have best mobility and decent burst dmg but he was glass cannon.

I dunno why they make another block (more OP imo than knight block) melee AT, will see

all my decisions based on small scale + (5v5 and more). there is no balance 1v1 in CF and probably never be

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

It looks like a fun class to play I can't wait to try it out! 

I'm curious to see if the block is only against slashing damage as it says in the video or if that was just a slip of the tongue. I'm guessing the latter. 

And FWIW, the warrior in World of Warcraft had execute so it's not unheard of for a tank to get execute. Whether or not it's OP we will just have to do some testing and see. 

Edited by blazzen

Have you met the best tank, dps and support in the game? It's all the same cow.

It'll be a nice change to have a second invincible tank around.

In world of warcraft the warrior had an execute but the warrior wasn't just a tank, it had 2 dps specs and 1 tank spec.  The execute also wasn't particularly devastating on a tank spec'd warrior.

Anyway it is too early to be terribly concerned about the balance of the kit, the bigger question should be whether the kit looks interesting and fun to play, and I'd say it looks pretty enjoyable.

On a side note can someone tell me how long templar archetype training has been in game already?  I started training it sometime in the last test, but my good friend and guildmate facerip claims to already be well-into his chastisement training and I am not even done with the first option.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

The question is, does holy damage bypass "Invulnerable"?

Is this an answer to the Myrm's 'C'?

I actually hope not. Invulnerable should be just that. I'm more afraid of unmitigated holy damage critical hits paired with execute damaged (if that's even a thing). I thought holy damage would be an added proc of damage per attack; seems like it complete converts it which sounds crazy to me.

Edited by helix

I actually hope not. Invulnerable should be just that. im more afraid of unmitigated holy damage critical hits paired with execute damaged (if that's even a thing). I thought holy damage would be an added proc of damage per attack; seems like it complete replaces it which sounds crazy to me

Yea, it seemed like that would be a rather ham handed way to deal with invulnerable.

That said, invulnerable needs to be doled out very carefully, so maybe the 'C' should be changed to an extreme mitigation so some things can get through.

Yea, it seemed like that would be a rather ham handed way to deal with invulnerable.

That said, invulnerable needs to be doled out very carefully, so maybe the 'C' should be changed to an extreme mitigation so some things can get through.

I actually think C shouldn't have ANY invulnerability. Cleanse status effects like KD and stun, sure, but not blanket invulnerability. Part of the problem with C abilities is they feel lazy and unstoppable. I'd rather them move those iframes to dodges (or other abilities) but shorten them to 0.25s or 0.5s (depending on the ability of course). Maybe this wouldn't work well with "blink/dash" type RMBs, but I see it working alright with dodge rolls (champion, ranger, duelist). Abilities like the confessor C would work well with your suggestion.

Right now I believe it blinds AND grants invulnerability (has this been changed?); I think a damage mitigation buff would make a whole lot more sense.

Edited by helix