Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ginko

Confessor- Still got game

This vid has some clips of last weekend and 1 or 2 from the week before. Mostly working on my video editing since I am pretty new at it.

2v1 on knight and Confessor

3 1v1's on other confessors

Have some more clips but probably won't have time to get them in before the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGtlWtleCdY

n0MnLtK.png?2

o7  Nice work!

A question and some feedback for you.

What software are you using to edit? The render quality post-upload is very good so you have your settings done right.

Choice of music was good, the BPM generally matched the pace of combat (a steady driving beat in your case to match a steady combat pace) and the volume was perfect so as to give the bulk of the attention to the in-game sounds.  (Honestly, I struggle a lot with music choice X_X)

Your edits might be a little shorter, and if using a dissolve do you have the option of an additive dissolve? Dissolving to black then jumping to the next clip feels a little clunky and I get the idea that you're trying for smooth cuts. 

Info text - I know the contrast is great, but you may consider avoiding the use of simple red/on/black. Art+Craft as best I recall (will double check) have allowed the use of Crowfall assets in the coverage that we testers give it. Consider using in-game screenshots or some of the Crowfall art as your background when giving text-based introductions.

EDIT: Was right :)   Found it Here

Text overlaid onto gameplay - Much too large and the contrast was lacking. I make the assumption that you scaled the text you overlaid onto the gameplay large enough that you could clearly read it in the preview of your editing software. Scale it smaller, it'll be fine when viewers play the video back on Youtube in either theater or fullscreen mode. Consider using a text box effect with contrasting colors so that your text stands out from the background. A drop shadow helps give the text some depths which also helps make it stand out.

Misc:

* When uploading your video to youtube, go into the advanced settings of the video and use the "Gaming" category. Further, just below the category drop-down menu is a typable menu. Brand the video as Crowfall and you should, in theory, get more views.

* Video description might do with a little bit of fluff, more people read it than we expect and it's a great place to give information that puts the video into perspective or give little tidbits and highlights about the video itself.

* Length of Video: Great. Anything between 5 and 10 minutes is perfect for pvp clips. Longer videos tend to not have the viewer retention that we'd like unless they're more about new information and reviews.

Content:

I'd honestly thought that the confessor dash/jump gimmick was fixed (3m:15s mark). Avoid using bugs that give the player an advantage (I know everyone does it) as it might give a viewer the wrong impression of the game, or if they're familiar with the game, will cheapen the "skill" put on display if they see the same gimmick used again and again. 

Caveat* I didn't see it a lot from your clips, but just enough that it stood out.

As I said on the post itself, great start.   A solid upvote from me.

Edited by Rhast

Nice moves.  UDL from mourning?

Yes sir. Undead Lords from Mourning. I was actually with DoF ( disciples of fear ) In those glory days.

P.S. I should have some clips of your group doing some 4v4s with us. Also some random clips.

n0MnLtK.png?2

o7  Nice work!

A question and some feedback for you.

What software are you using to edit? The render quality post-upload is very good so you have your settings done right.

Choice of music was good, the BPM generally matched the pace of combat (a steady driving beat in your case to match a steady combat pace) and the volume was perfect so as to give the bulk of the attention to the in-game sounds.  (Honestly, I struggle a lot with music choice X_X)

Your edits might be a little shorter, and if using a dissolve do you have the option of an additive dissolve? Dissolving to black then jumping to the next clip feels a little clunky and I get the idea that you're trying for smooth cuts. 

Info text - I know the contrast is great, but you may consider avoiding the use of simple red/on/black. Art+Craft as best I recall (will double check) have allowed the use of Crowfall assets in the coverage that we testers give it. Consider using in-game screenshots or some of the Crowfall art as your background when giving text-based introductions.

EDIT: Was right :)   Found it Here

Text overlaid onto gameplay - Much too large and the contrast was lacking. I make the assumption that you scaled the text you overlaid onto the gameplay large enough that you could clearly read it in the preview of your editing software. Scale it smaller, it'll be fine when viewers play the video back on Youtube in either theater or fullscreen mode. Consider using a text box effect with contrasting colors so that your text stands out from the background. A drop shadow helps give the text some depths which also helps make it stand out.

Misc:

* When uploading your video to youtube, go into the advanced settings of the video and use the "Gaming" category. Further, just below the category drop-down menu is a typable menu. Brand the video as Crowfall and you should, in theory, get more views.

* Video description might do with a little bit of fluff, more people read it than we expect and it's a great place to give information that puts the video into perspective or give little tidbits and highlights about the video itself.

* Length of Video: Great. Anything between 5 and 10 minutes is perfect for pvp clips. Longer videos tend to not have the viewer retention that we'd like unless they're more about new information and reviews.

Content:

I'd honestly thought that the confessor dash/jump gimmick was fixed (3m:15s mark). Avoid using bugs that give the player an advantage (I know everyone does it) as it might give a viewer the wrong impression of the game, or if they're familiar with the game, will cheapen the "skill" put on display if they see the same gimmick used again and again. 

Caveat* I didn't see it a lot from your clips, but just enough that it stood out.

As I said on the post itself, great start.   A solid upvote from me.

I am currently using VideoPad for my editing. Shadowplay for the recording. Could have uploading at higher quality then 1080p but was at work with slow internet and I had no idea how long that would take.

The last video was actually from 2 weekends ago when dash was still around. Mentioned that in the thread. No hacks here :)

Thanks for all the feedback. I will definitely look back at what you said on my next video and continue to improve.

n0MnLtK.png?2

I am currently using VideoPad for my editing. Shadowplay for the recording. Could have uploading at higher quality then 1080p but was at work with slow internet and I had no idea how long that would take.

The last video was actually from 2 weekends ago when dash was still around. Mentioned that in the thread. No hacks here :)

Thanks for all the feedback. I will definitely look back at what you said on my next video and continue to improve.

I was uploading at 2K resolution though I found that it wasn't worth the extra bandwidth and time. 1080p at 60fps is perfect for Youtube.

Honestly never used VideoPad and not familiar enough with Shadowplay to say much about it.  If you find that your editing software is limited, there are other options out there that are free.

No worries on the dash/jump. Just offering some insight. :)

Good Vid....Confessor gameplay just feels so much slower pace now to me with this last patch :'(

Wev had some good 1v1s il Sub!

Thanks bro. Got a vid of a 1v1 we had a few weeks back and it would have been awesome if my C didn't get bugged. I'll pm it if you wanna watch.

n0MnLtK.png?2