Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
karetyr

So, Tell Me About Shadowbane.

Just downloaded Magicbane despite never having played Shadowbane before.  I'll give it a spin tonight.  

Enjoy playing with the 10 other players online.

Enjoy playing with the 10 other players online.

Because you need 50 other players ganking you while you're trying to level? Scurry under starfish's skirt little one. We can't tell them how great of a game Shadowbane was and then have sbemu drop a pile of shlt on their head with 90,000 changes.

http://magicbane.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2906&p=27786&hilit=guide#p27786

Quick and dirty leveling guide. I wouldn't leave noob island before 20 unless you get promises of power leveling. type /who and then you can see who is on. You can /tell (playername) (text)  to see if you can get a guild invite and maybe some powerlevel love.

Any class/build suggestions?.  Mainly just what to avoid.

Depends on what you're looking to do. Barbarians always make good solo classes if you keep health and stam pots handy. They're also one of the easier classes to get a handle on.

ncLez59.png

solo or multi-box?

If you're looking to solo, I'd say a rogue aracoix huntress (make sure you choose female at startup or you can't promote to it). Choose daggers for your starting weapons. You'll go bow later on, but daggers are faster with no concoction potions on noob land. You get a pet at level 10 that will assault camps until about 40 or so.

I usually play a Warrior, Crusader, or Templar type of class.  What would you suggest from those (sorry, I don't play female characters, no offense ladies).

only reason I'd say rogue aracoix huntress over everything else is:

-track without a discipline

-stealth

-get a heal over time with savant

-has a good tool box

-pet can level you til you get a guild

-can fly if shttf

but, since you're looking at warrior types, you can probably go human templar as your best bet. you could go crusader for heals early in the game if starting as a templar doesn't work for you.

Thanks for the advise.  I doubt SB gets any new players these days.  I'll probably take a beating for quite a while.  

kind of. sure, no wasd, but you can right click on a mini map and be hands free for a few seconds.

Freeing up your hands for doritos and mountain dew.

Oh, and you might as well turn off all the sound and throw on your favorite tunes. 

Edited by halethrain

ncLez59.png

Any class/build suggestions?.  Mainly just what to avoid.

i would add that you must get in with a guild...sb is a pretty horrible experience solo, and you miss out on a lot of the end game stuff.

and make a scout. at least then you know when you're about to get ganked, can stealth, and typically outrun most folks.

Definitely get a guild. Heck, try several if you can.

If you're a tank type player, Centaur Barbarian isn't a bad toon to start with in my opinion. You'll be able to run fast and still put the hurting on stuff. Make sure you get a bunch of health and stam pots if you try to solo level (along with a greater concoction potion, which gives you self buffs).

CF_Van.png

this will be your friend if you have questions about disciplines, traits, builds, cities, armor, weapons, etc, etc, etc

http://mordkessel.com/morloch/index.php?title=Main_Page

if you're in game now let me know on this thread and I can toss you a guild invite, gear, runes, etc. I'll be on a little bit this weekend but pretty much only if I see you're on via crowfall or something.

this will be your friend if you have questions about disciplines, traits, builds, cities, armor, weapons, etc, etc, etc

http://mordkessel.com/morloch/index.php?title=Main_Page

if you're in game now let me know on this thread and I can toss you a guild invite, gear, runes, etc. I'll be on a little bit this weekend but pretty much only if I see you're on via crowfall or something.

Thanks man.  I'll have to sit down with it and try to get the movement and controls down.  Haven't played a game without WASD a long time.

Edited by Abel