Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
karetyr

So, Tell Me About Shadowbane.

Who makes a comeback in a dead game? Nobody wanted to come back. Like I said the game died the week of E3 2003. Just because you were some tryhard that stuck around until the big boys got tired and left the game does not make you good.

Oh Mike? You came back to continue your discussion with a "non-factor" players from a "non-factor" game? For reals? You just gonna get yourself banned again lol 

Kids mad that he was called out. What a hardcore pvper right there. Cream of the crop I'd say. So mad he's flocking here to defend his honor in a game he supposedly won 12 years ago.

Listen bub, competition got stronger, smarter, and more fierce as SB drudged on.  Why? The people playing gathered more experience in all facets of the game and were truly the hardcore crowd willing to stick it out in a game that delivered.  While the Rollin 30s wandered off into WoW and Eve to fly around in spaceships and attack miners while claiming 1337 pvp prowess, SB guilds were waging real wars.

Simply put The Rollin 30s lack gumption. Thats why your pitiful website lists about 15 different games you've been "involved" in over the years.  Instead of getting good, you got got.  Fact.

"no one comes back to a dead game"

lol. I must've skimmed over that part. You mean no one comes back to a game after they get the initial advantage. So hardcore they could only stomp noobs and bane their r1 ToLs. That's all I remember about beta guilds. When people figured out how to play the game and beta guild's 1-2 year head start was equalized, they got crushed and then said "what? sorry we don't play that game anymore"

So the ones that really were hardcore, took trees and lost trees for the next 6 years. "dead game". ha.

and still taking tol's by the way if R30s wants to hop on either emulator.

No desire to play a game that wasn't good then and isn't good now. It's like telling me to go watch The Phantom Menace to see if it got better since the last time I watched it. I really liked the ideas behind shadowbane. I did not like the finished product. That's why we quit.

Edited by L-C

No desire to play a game that wasn't good then and isn't good now. It's like telling me to go watch The Phantom Menace to see if it got better since the last time I watched it. I really liked the ideas behind shadowbane. I did not like the finished product. That's why we quit.

The product wasn't finished until 2006.

Now here's a question for you:  If a game launched in early 2003 and was not a finished product until 2006, do you think enough of a playerbase remained for an unfinished sub-based game for 3 years to give itself enough of a community to actually have decent competition to create very skillful play? 

You need a lot of good players to create a healthy competitive environment for players to continuously improve after getting good practice against each other.  Do you think the environment was more healthy when the game first came out and had a lot of players, or later on when it had a fraction of the initial amount of players? 

Now here's a question for you:  If a game launched in early 2003 and was not a finished product until 2006, do you think enough of a playerbase remained for an unfinished sub-based game for 3 years to give itself enough of a community to actually have decent competition to create very skillful play? 

You need a lot of good players to create a healthy competitive environment for players to continuously improve after getting good practice against each other.  Do you think the environment was more healthy when the game first came out and had a lot of players, or later on when it had a fraction of the initial amount of players? 

Ever heard of content updates to a game? Runes were updated, powers changed etc, etc.

What you saw in 2003 was not the same as what you saw after two expansions and multiple updates. Most of those updates and changes happened between 2003 and 2006 with very few after:

http://mordkessel.com/morloch/index.php?title=Patch_History

Also Shadowbane had multiple servers operating all the way up to the end. One thing to keep in mind after it went free to play they didn't have a reliable income stream such as cash shop to generate revenue but an "ad system", so it became a financial drain no matter how many were playing. Keep in mind you will find alot of people that played Shadowbane but not until it went F2P because of its rocky first year.

Edited by gauis

Everyone knows that Shadowbane had a poor launch and that it launched only because it was at risk of being labeled vaporware. The fan base was rabid and wanted a finished product or they'd walk. Sound familiar? Darkfall anyone?

So is anyone saying SHADOWBANE WAS THE BEST GAME EVER FROM START TO FINISH BROS

No. To say that what you experienced in 6 weeks describes the competition in 6 years? That's what you're saying and the validity of your statement is assanine.

Bro 1: Man, I was in Australia for 6 months. It had it's ups and downs but over all it was a good place.

Bro 2: No way bro, I was there for 6 hours in a layover. Australia sucks balls and its people suck.

That's your comparison.

Really? Because I could have sworn it was because your alliance folded like cheap lawn furniture after getting busted for hacking.

Click here to join the Crowfall Discord chat community

Sekket on Mourning. Bhorov on Test Server. Youma the Pirate wherever TSP has sailed.

Bro 1: Man, I was in Australia for 6 months. It had it's ups and downs but over all it was a good place.

Bro 2: No way bro, I was there for 6 hours in a layover. Australia sucks balls and its people suck.

That's your comparison.

I was actually in Sydney on a three hour lay over a couple of the years ago.

2/10 would not visit again.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

2 hour layover in Melbourne.

1/10

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Never got to go to Australia even though I wanted to.

0/10

Got stationed in Subic Bay Philippines instead:

10/10

Edited by gauis

Really? Because I could have sworn it was because your alliance folded like cheap lawn furniture after getting busted for hacking.

Youma just went shopping at...

the-pwnd-depot.jpg

rofl!!

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

We quit the game the week before e3. Anything after that was not the real r30s. At that point none of our core infrastructure had even been scratched.

We quit the game the week before e3. Anything after that was not the real r30s. At that point none of our core infrastructure had even been scratched.

E3 was May 14th, 2003. A week earlier would be May 7th, 2003. Shadowbane was released on March 25th, 2003.

So essentially what you're saying is that you quit the game 43 days into live - or 6 weeks and one day of "dominance" in a game that lasted another 5 years, and was emulated another several afterwards, and that means you're better than all the folks who played after that. You're talking about, what, two weeks of banes before you retired?

You never got to see detect hidden go to 60 seconds, or attend a mine fight. You never got to attend a bane after the restriction on off hours wall bashing by a zerg (hrm... perhaps this is why you were so "dominant"?). You never saw a city without walls, or the game when you couldn't drop assets anywhere on the map without a tree. You never saw vamps, nephs, or nightstalkers.

You have zero clue what the game became.

Once again, the siege of Xanten, Mourning's first major siege, began on the 25th of April. Most other servers were just getting up and going at similar times. That gives you four weeks of pwning the newbies who don't know jack about the game you've spent a year playing in beta, and two weeks of them getting the hang of it enough to have you throw in the towel.

Edited by vandarr

CF_Van.png

I'm sure dorks like those were the r5 mage assassins destroying my r2 ass outside of khar while I was trying to figure out why going both sword in one hand and axe in the other wasn't effective lol. I'm sure this is the kind of "domination" they're referring to. Not to mention that most cities weren't allowed to put even put up trainer cities or sages by the "dominating" guilds or else they'd be baned and have 100 people show up to your tree. You could only use their trainer city which was a run and a half unless you paid for a summon and then in turn, paid their jacked up prices to train which kept you ineffective and broke.

Sound tactics? Sure. Dominating? Nah. The worst PvP guild on either emu is better than R30's was at launch.

Really if you only played live for live six weeks in 03 that means scrubs that started in 2008 have a better chance of being more domimating than you.

SWrkfdj.jpg