Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
karetyr

So, Tell Me About Shadowbane.

Good riddance is all I can say. I would've ended up banned cause he really got under my skin.

U mad?

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Only made it to page 3 so far. But for someone to want someone else banned because they made them angry? Sorry but you should just log off the internet at that point. I understand Crowfall has a standard of toxicity, but people should be in control of their own emotions. I'm sure he got banned for something similar, but not "he made me use teh profanity, ban him Papa Tully!". Could just smack him with 5 1 point warnings of the RoC (CoC?) for inciting trolls.

I'll finish reading that later. But I love how MF is like "brah we beat 10 vs 100 all the time" "any good pvper should beat CN's zerg if they're outnumbered".

You were beating 100 toons that were ill-trained, scraped together gear on noob land, running around with with an axe in one hand & sword in the other, probably switching to bow mid-fight lol (for DF people not practical in SB). They had no money for training and were more than likely low level. Meanwhile you guys knew how to play with heal priests and all. These people were probably all some kinda melee that didn't even have the atr to hit mages

These beta guilds have a place in history because they played to crush. But were they good? No. Not at all. They got the beta advantage and in a game like Shadowbane it was a huge advantage. By the time people figured out the game, they quit claiming they were bored.

Had they fought 10 vs 100 even against CN, who were geared trained and mostly PvP brain dead (when they landed) R30s still would've lost.

Come play on magicbane. I'll get you a city, gold, gear, you name it. Take your best 30 vs CN's 100. You'll get owned.

I'm just glad Kickit, Bane of Civility and Friendliness, has been removed.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I'm just glad Kickit, Bane of Civility and Friendliness, has been removed.

Yeah. I kept reporting his posts because every time he said something mean to me, I'd go outside and punch small animals. When I got arrested, I had them transfer me to the Austin Police Department so I could explain that I wasn't responsible for my actions, it was actually Crowfall's fault for allowing Kickit to piss me off. So after GordonWalton bailed me out and J Todd got them to make the charges disappear, XcomVic banned him for making me be a horrible person.

Good riddens imo.

That's like a bad John Grisham novel.

Thank God he is no longer here to create havoc then.

I despise all ne'er do wells.

Edited by checkyotrack

SWrkfdj.jpg

Only made it to page 3 so far. But for someone to want someone else banned because they made them angry? Sorry but you should just log off the internet at that point. I understand Crowfall has a standard of toxicity, but people should be in control of their own emotions. I'm sure he got banned for something similar, but not "he made me use teh profanity, ban him Papa Tully!". Could just smack him with 5 1 point warnings of the RoC (CoC?) for inciting trolls.

I'll finish reading that later. But I love how MF is like "brah we beat 10 vs 100 all the time" "any good pvper should beat CN's zerg if they're outnumbered".

You were beating 100 toons that were ill-trained, scraped together gear on noob land, running around with with an axe in one hand & sword in the other, probably switching to bow mid-fight lol (for DF people not practical in SB). They had no money for training and were more than likely low level. Meanwhile you guys knew how to play with heal priests and all. These people were probably all some kinda melee that didn't even have the atr to hit mages

These beta guilds have a place in history because they played to crush. But were they good? No. Not at all. They got the beta advantage and in a game like Shadowbane it was a huge advantage. By the time people figured out the game, they quit claiming they were bored.

Had they fought 10 vs 100 even against CN, who were geared trained and mostly PvP brain dead (when they landed) R30s still would've lost.

Come play on magicbane. I'll get you a city, gold, gear, you name it. Take your best 30 vs CN's 100. You'll get owned.

I can't speak on any of that as I did not play shadowbane but after reading all the reactions in that thread I definitely think he got banned for upsetting people, he didn't actually step out of line anywhere there really.  Just kind of upset people with trollish circular logic and common sense. 

I can say this about my experience with shadowbane players though, they seem to obsess over shadowbane but never thrive in other games.  I think that's why I put more stock in what L-C says because research on his guild shows that they have been able to move through many games and achieve success and that is much more compelling evidence than people who have only played one game.

That's like a bad John Grisham novel.

Thank God he is no longer here to create havoc then.

I despise all ne'er do wells.

Just glad we can keep these forums light and less toxic. I much prefer the current environment where stupid questions are asked daily and I get the opportunity to guide them to resources at hand -- no matter how much I have to repeat myself -- to educate them and show them the way like a shining light of hope. Because that's how I am in game: a cheerful resources to lead the masses to safety. I even say "great post" to every recommendation whether it's for Unicorn mounts with machine guns or making the eternal kingdom blossom with flowers of every type so that we may garden til the sun sets on our beautiful world where we spend our nights crafting and sewing.

Woah dude unicorn mounts with machine guns? I think you just blew this game wide open. Imagine dicing down on somebody's ToL while unloading machine guns via unicorn.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Great post by the way. Hopefully we can have a safe, friendly discussion about it.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Great post by the way. Hopefully we can have a safe, friendly discussion about it.

I feel this is entirely plausible as I respect your opinion and I value your posts as the thoughtful and helpful contributions they are. I look forward to engaging conversation with you over multiple paragraphs where your input is embraced like a warm mug of hot chocolate with sweet little bits of information like marshmallows -- the valuable gems they are.

I feel this is entirely plausible as I respect your opinion and I value your posts as the thoughtful and helpful contributions they are. I look forward to engaging conversation with you over multiple paragraphs where your input is embraced like a warm mug of hot chocolate with sweet little bits of information like marshmallows -- the valuable gems they are.

Hey, man, this may sound a bit forward but do you want to come over....and discuss this on a more friendly level?

Edited by checkyotrack

SWrkfdj.jpg

Hey, man, this may sound a bit forward but do you want to come over....and discuss this on a more friendly level?

I am afraid it would be too soon at this juncture to elevate this to a more friendly level. Alas, I was scorned by another poster with whom I took this to a more friendly level. We agreed on most every point until it came down to the matter of PvE. I wanted raids that lasted for 23 hours and didn't permit bathroom breaks but the other poster liked drinking water. It just didn't work out.

I will treat you far better. Ill raid your dungeon for hours.

SWrkfdj.jpg

You sound like the type of partner I'd enjoy PvEing with. Collecting flowers, making love potions with, tailoring picnic blankets and sharing a Unicorn mount into the sunset.

Kinda like these guys: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/768-going-after-your-sons/page-2

Edited by headlight

You sound like the type of partner I'd enjoy PvEing with. Collecting flowers, making love potions with, tailoring picnic blankets and sharing a Unicorn mount into the sunset.

Kinda like these guys: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/768-going-after-your-sons/page-2

Those guys seem fun. I wonder if they like to play together as a.....group.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Those guys seem fun. I wonder if they like to play together as a.....group.

As long as they aren't a pick up group. I prefer a group of guys that know what they are doing and are experienced being together. Nothing worse than a few guys that don't know what they're doing. I don't mind showing a new guy the ropes every now and then, but in a group setting you're looking for every one to reach the big finish as a team.

Communication is most important. Your group members have to know what they can do to improve the group experience.

I just hope we can be cohesive and compliment eachothers sensibilities.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Compliments are key. While I do prefer an aggressive alpha male to be in charge of us and guide us through the entire experience with vocal rage compared to that of a Viking, I also want him to have the voice of a cherub where you question how much pent up rage can be trapped in such a voice that sounds lacking in world experience. So that way when I do something that pleases him, I can be complimented with that softer side.