Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
karetyr

So, Tell Me About Shadowbane.

in depth charactor ability point system and fight mechanic modifiers that are only rivalled by DnD. Just vast character styles.

pvp pvp pvp pvp pvp.

if i wanted to....i could use only a mouse to play...thus i can eat smoke and drink with ease when required.

A great game for any one armed player.

ezgzn8.jpg

I loved Shadowbane. There's just always adrenalin flowing when you know that a city you spent endless time building could be wiped out.

sb.exe killed it for me.  It seemed like any time I'd get in a PvP battle I'd get booted. When I would log back in, I would be ungrouped and in the middle of a battle. Not fun.

Wizards had a really cool skill where they could teleport group members to other locations on the game map... even behind walls. That's a pretty cool feature in an RvR game.

It wasn't enough to survive in game... 

If you couldn't hold your own on the boards, it could easily create strife in your guild.  No other game before or since has offered the political effects/consequences that Shadowbane had with respect to warring players and RvR.

CF_Ror_zpspm6enxco.png

Wizards had the short range group teleport, to which I think the poster was referring.

yes...which spawned the wizzy druid smash group.

haaaauuuuuuummmmmmm!

*blink*

poof!

9 druids casting aoe earthquake on your group

your group dies

loot!

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

2003 shadowbane, where healer cloth channy was king. You could still shield block while stunned and powerblocked and none of your spells were on timers so when the aoe spam lagged the server, when it caught up, everyone was dead.

CF_Karg.png

Seriously though shadowbane didn't start getting good until Corruption opened.

Mines were a genius addition, made sure there was constant small scale conflict so everything wasn't all out war.

The politics or PvP didn't start getting good until then? I did Corruption server up until VA burned down (only RP guild I ever participated in). I hated Dalgoth and I hated the gold/xp rate even more so. I have still never been so broke in a video game as I had on Corruption.

Oh, the server itself had a terrible ruleset and map, but the game changes made during its run - such as mines - were instrumental in really helping the game to roll along for as long as it did.

CF_Van.png

sb.exe killed it for me.  It seemed like any time I'd get in a PvP battle I'd get booted. When I would log back in, I would be ungrouped and in the middle of a battle. Not fun.

sb.exe was a pain, but it was just something you put up with.  Look at all the stupid crap you put up with from girls when you were single just to get what you really wanted.  It was always worth it.

a couple other lol 'release' window comedic options

- proc % not based on hit, just animation.

- no holy resists

shadowbane for many of us was like crack...we'd wander off and dabble in other things but could never quite get past not having the freedom to pretty much do whatever we wanted, and then have to deal with whatever happened thereafter.

It's just not the same unless everyone has something on the line every time they get in game...and there simply has not been a game since that has brought that to the table. 

Everything since has been some sort of watered down, them parky, hand holding, everybody's a winner, grinding is fun, lump of horse crap...

i need to burn something down.

grr.

a couple other lol 'release' window comedic options

- proc % not based on hit, just animation.

- no holy resists

ya, I had proc UA scout as my second or third toon.

at one point I would play that scout with stam drain as well just to mess with people. so that was UH holy, Vamp, Stam Drain on each hand, I would just run peoples day. I would proc something almost every animation.

CF_Karg.png

The game coasted on fumes for several years as a VERY SMALL NICHE game with almost no player base. The original developer shut down and another company was formed to keep the game running. Even that didn't last long. If the game was as great as you think it was, why was it closed? Let's be honest, whatever trash can guild/alliance you are in would have never survived against the Rollin 30s. You were allowed to exist only because we no longer played the game. Consider yourselves lucky. Where have you been in every game released since? Nowhere that's where. We (the guilds that made up the core of r30s) continue to dominate in whatever game we play.

Man, the delusional propaganda really takes me back! Thanks for posting!

Click here to join the Crowfall Discord chat community

Sekket on Mourning. Bhorov on Test Server. Youma the Pirate wherever TSP has sailed.

if i wanted to....i could use only a mouse to play...thus i can eat smoke and drink with ease when required.

A great game for any one armed player.

Bob!!!!!    

The Shipwrecked Pirates

www.thesaltymaid.com

sb.exe was a pain, but it was just something you put up with.  Look at all the stupid crap you put up with from girls when you were single just to get what you really wanted.  It was always worth it.

I put up with a lot less when I was single.

CF_Van.png

Personally, this game didn't get really good until Lore servers launched.  Though it was pretty damn good prior to that as well.  Game had its technological problems, but you had to persevere.  The chat lag bug which affected the Mac client almost killed me until Apple switched to Intel.  Some of the various characters that I have come across were and are simply amazing, even the annoying ones.

Couple other notes:

Rolling 30s - you were horrible exploiters who dominated a server when you out leveled and out geared virtually everyone, yet still had to cheat to win.

CF_Hap.png

SCOTLAND!