Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Styanatos

Beta group 8

Tomorrow's weekend test. I got an email about it, but I am curious if I can even join it.

I'd really like to enter the game to see the progess, I know only buying the 70 dollar pack doesn't entitle me to everything, but it'd be nice to be able to enter a test. I've yet to be allowed to enter any so far.

Crowfall Playtest BigWorld2+ all servers

WhenFri, February 10, 7:00pm – Mon, February 13, 11:30pm
Edited by Styanatos

Which pledge package did you buy? You mention "supporter" in your first post, but that is the $5 pledge.

If you bought a $70 pledge you should already have access.

What happens when you go to https://crowfall.com/client/ and hit Check Entitlement?

Actually this is the first time that worked. I was always told by support it would show up in my account to download the client. 

Tomorrow's weekend test. I got an email about it, but I am curious if I can even join it.

Crowfall Playtest BigWorld2+ all servers

WhenFri, February 10, 7:00pm – Mon, February 13, 11:30pm

My understanding is that there is no testing this weekend

i hope to be proven wrong...

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

You will be able to play in the upcoming playtests. Sometimes when we're starting a new test phase, we may hit the Reset button and initially invite only the Pre-Alpha 1 test group; however, we're not doing that for Pre-Alpha 4.0. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

Not sure if I got this thread right. Are beta testers already able to join in the tests? I tried to find something, but the FAQ seems pretty outdated.

In my rewards page I have the Beta Group 1 as well as the Beta Group 6. Not sure what that means.

I think beta testing was announced for december 2016? I don't mind waiting longer for a better game, but do we know when we can expect the beta? I guess I missed an E-Mail about that.

Welcome to the forum.

Short answer: Yes, currently you can. Just open the client download site, check your entitlement, download the client and have fun testing. (I'd recommend to look for some player guides, especially regarding sanctuary and the spirit bank, though) :)

Long answer:

We are currently in Pre-Alpha testing, but that doesn't automatically mean that you won't be able to test if you are a beta player. Test stage and tester level is in crowfall not as much related to each other as usual.

In our case pre-Alpha means that we are currently testing single parts of the game. Alpha will put all these parts together. Beta is fine tuning.

It wouldn't make much sense to test BigWorld with only 100 pre-alpha testers. Some don't test anyway, most don't test at the same time and those who do would be spread over several severs, depending on their country. That wouldn't give a lot of testing data.

So instead every Milestone repeats the distribution of test access entitlements: Pre-Alphas test the new things first, then the Alphas, then the Betas. In can take a few week until everybody is in. And usually in every milestone at least one additional test group will be invited into this procedure. Currently it gets down to Beta-1. Beta-2 will probably be added until the end of march.

Important: There is a known bug that sometimes prevents people from posting in the tester forums. If you have the Beta Group in your backer rewards, but you can't download the client, test the game and/or post in the tester forums, just contact support@artcraftent.com and they will help.

2W1ZHpA.jpg