Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
facerip

facerip 2 - Big World PvP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOUNnjCauaA

Good fights to everyone involved.  A mix of pre and post fessor changes to movement.  If I got the guild names wrong sorry.  Thanks to my guildmates Lucyyfurr and Nightwolfz for putting up with me.

Enjoy :)

Edited by facerip

Needs more additive dissolve.

Easy and reliable go-to advice for videos with hard cuts.   :P

All the dislikes?!?! The video or the player :(

I know the feeling. It'd be nice if they left a comment as to why or what specifically they didn't like. My feedback below;

* The hard cuts - see above

- Note: I actually really liked the series of hard cuts where you're showing off killing blows in quick succession. I think it works really, really

well when you pair it with music that has a fairly high beats-per-minute (as you did). Really nice :)

* The music - I'm normally fine with psuedo-8bit music (I don't know it's actual genre) but I don't think the choice works for the overall theme of the video. The BPM was fine, but it tended to distract me from the action in the video. (Pure opinion here)

- Note: The volume for one of the later songs was much higher than the song it followed and made for an unpleasant jump in db. Can you

edit the volume of individual tracks in your software?

* The Video 'shudder' to highlight a killing blow on the Myrmidon (5m:33s mark) - Fantastic use of editing. 

* Text overlay on gameplay - Great placement (not covering important game UI bits), good contrast and the outline gave it enough 'pop' to be clearly seen.

* Guild Name fade transition - Loved it. Do you have any graphics for your guild that incorporate the name in such a way as to have the nameplate appear, then fade the gameplay so that the nameplate aligns with the graphics?

* Content (video) - I genuinely considered the Legionnaire footage to be the most interesting part of your video. You don't see group PVP footage from that POV as much as other ATs.

* Content (audio) - At the end of the day we all want more viewers, and this comment is more focused on the concern that you might be alienating viewers with some of the things that get captured on your audio stream. Hearing streamers throwing phrases like "Poorly made socks" around reminds me too much of the shooter genre players that take themselves way too seriously. This is my personal opinion, but considered editing it out? I find it much harder to want to watch someone that's quick to disparage their opponents rather than show encouragement to someone they just beat. You're not bad about it, and I see the other side where you throw out the respectable 'gf' in chat. 

EDIT: Filter got me :(  you get the gist

* Length of Video - Great. Anything between 5 and 10 minutes is perfect for pvp clips. Longer videos tend to have shorter viewer retention

* Video description - might do with a little bit of fluff, it's a great place to give information or talk about specific moments in the video (to get viewers to stay tuned in to see those moments)

Edited by Rhast

Rhast, I love how you write a novel of unsolicited opinions on everyone's videos as if you're the Gene Siskel of Crowfall YouTube videos.

Nobody cares if you like the music.

Nobody cares if you don't like swearing and big ego PvP.

Nobody cares what you think, except you.

To be honest most of your videos are boring and generic.  You should really work on that before you jump on every thread and tell people how to be better at something you're bad at.

I don't know who Gene Siskel is.

I offer my thoughts, as I'm entitled to do here. If you don't like them, don't read them.

I'm glad you watch my boring, generic videos. :)

As a novice film maker I find your comments very interesting, I may not always agree with them but I like the enthusiasm and can tell you really appreciate the art+craft of gameplay video making.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I've posted a few, but I'm absolutely horrible at video editing. You can pick them apart on my YouTube channel. May need links for a few because, again, I am terrible at that stuff.

No need for much editing. We just want to see fights to pass the time. Coolwaters MVP

n0MnLtK.png?2

facerip

Did you show the one where you and I were standing around the houses and I jumped in the air to let you know I didn't want to fight. Then you attacked me anyways and i layeth the smacketh down on your candy@ss?

Pro Tip: Don't chase a Knight into a house as a confessor.... twice!

All in good fun :P

facerip

Did you show the one where you and I were standing around the houses and I jumped in the air to let you know I didn't want to fight. Then you attacked me anyways and i layeth the smacketh down on your candy@ss?

Pro Tip: Don't chase a Knight into a house as a confessor.... twice!

All in good fun :P

Sure thing.

Edited by facerip