Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Feb 10 playtest cancelled - Official discussion thread

Unfortunate indeed. I only get 1, sometimes 2, weekends off a month. Something like this hurts quite a bit, though I understand the decision. It would be nice to be able to do something Crowfall-related, even if it were just a limited server set, an old build or even the EK-environment test. If the issue is performance-related however, they may need the entire infrastructure for testing to resolve the issue, taking all options off the table. I did a shift exchange to be able to play more this weekend, it's plainful to waste something like that for nothing but these things happen.

Quite unfortunate. So I guess this project isn't structured in revisions/iterations where the previous/current build can be played until the new build is finished, internally tested and pushed to live?

We weren't that happy with last week's version, and got a lot of feedback on that versions performance issues.  The things we were working on this week to improve it didn't pan out, so we made the hard call to forego this test.   As those of you who test continuously know, we aren't afraid to show the warts that come along with rapid development, but when the movement/combat fun factor is degraded by performance problems, it's time for us to step back and concentrate on fixing these issues!

Thanks for understanding!

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

@dolmar Technically they announced that the Templar was in. We just won't get to play at all. You still win... "Technically"

On a more serious note, I'm a bit disappointed that I won't be testing new parts of CF, but pleased that ACE is willing to make the unpleasant choice and be open about the causes.

Edited by Rhast

Server side performance has been a big issue for a while.  Thank you for taking the time to try to get it right for next week!  While i don't expect major improvements in the area for a while, if you can reduce the amount and severity of the server side hitches I will love you long time.

Edited by destrin

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Oddly, I don't mind this at all. Sends a good message regarding the devs attention to the performance feedback and gives me a chance to enjoy the weekend outside and take the GF out for Valentines day.

I bet we come back to a more enjoyable testing experience next week.

Agreed Coolwaters

The framework that defines performance will be leveraged by soooo much of things not even built yet. Sad not to be crafting, but hopeful that a stronger code base is to been seen.

Edited by anhrezcf

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

Just started out last weekend ... and was a bit ... erhmm .. hooked :)

So a bit sad that I can't try out more Crowfall this weekend, but I will find some other game to take some spare time off my hands.

Good luck ya'll with dem bugs!

- What we do in life echoes in Eternity -

We weren't that happy with last week's version, and got a lot of feedback on that versions performance issues.  The things we were working on this week to improve it didn't pan out, so we made the hard call to forego this test.   As those of you who test continuously know, we aren't afraid to show the warts that come along with rapid development, but when the movement/combat fun factor is degraded by performance problems, it's time for us to step back and concentrate on fixing these issues!

And this is why i support ACE.

CfWBSig.png

Understood! And thank you for the response!

I'm still trying to find out HOW to get into the play tests.  A friend got in and I have paid in the past to support this game and thus lock in my copy of the final release.  If it is an email, the email title must be pretty vague.