Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Parade of houses - Official discussion thread

Pann

Looking very nice, thanks for the tour.

Down the road will there be housing in the style of the Archetypes? 

Forgemaster-esk

"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers".

On 6/9/2015 at 3:44 PM, Tyrant said:

My review...

Cottage:  Totally generic and boring.  Only serves the purpose of creating housing envy.

Villa:  Nice!... my favorite of the three.  The entire layout feels right.  I love being in that building: on the porch, next to the fireplace, and especially out on the balcony.

Manor:  Grandiose, but the layout was a little odd.  I liked the raised walkways around the rooms, and the upstairs room, but overall the layout felt awkward and forced.  Strangest quirk was that grand fireplace hiding in the hallway.  Really funky feng shui throughout.

Winner?  The Villa!

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

question: why is a 2016 manor upgrade package cheaper than a single manor? O_O 

This is to give benefit to early backers.  Right now the Kickstarter Manor upgrade is $150.00 and comes with the Manor, 2 Cottages, and 20 Tax Free Parcels.  This is a huge deal when compared to a single manor at $144.00.

Official Moderator of the Community Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

Well.. after checking out the houses, thinking about it, checking the houses again.. I find the houses underwhelming. When I got the villa I was expecting a large house with multiple rooms. Right now the size is more like a luxery cottage. The layout is just one big room and I find it underwhelming. This means all crafting tables will be inside that same room turning the whole building into a workshop. 

All in all I find the villa too small and needs more rooms. Multiple rooms allow for different aesthetics and purpose for each room. The house should be more than one big workshop.

I agree that the houses should have different rooms instead of just one big open area, makes them seem like warehouses instead of houses... like I,d like to separate bedrooms from livingroom, craftingroom, kitchen, etc... At the very least let us have placeable

walls... also the manor looks like it should have several stories but only has one with an unnecessarily high sealing... st

ill got the manor upgrade though xD

I like the open floor plans - it give players the most flexibility.

Some people may want to make a house into a vendor shop or tavern or guild hall, others may want to decorate for a personal cozy feeling. We just need some furniture items like screens / divider partitions / bookcases that can be used to make smaller spaces out of the large area.

If the rooms are too small and ceilings too low, it creates issues with scaling and camera clipping. 

tiPrpwh.png