Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Waiting to upgrade my PC, Should i even bother with what im using now?

captbloody

Very old rig, looking to upgrade but waiting for the right time. I try to run the game but each time it crashes when on the world loading screen. Below are my specs, i suspect my CPU is just way to old to even try to run the game? GPU i got on the cheap and i know it has no business being paired with the CPU.

Is it even worth me trying to get the game to work on this pc?

AMD Aethon X2 250

4 GB DDR3

GTX 750 Ti 2GB

That CPU is going to struggle to run any new game, let alone an MMO.

Your GPU is fine, and 4gb of ram is a tad on the low side but perfectly usable.

I would try to look into CPU's running on the same socket as the one you already have, since it will reduce the total cost.  Or if you want a bigger upgrade, go for a previous generation I5 on the cheap, since you'll need a new motherboard with an Intel socket.

Edited by zinnie

It does surprisingly well considering how old it is but i know its on its last legs. Its an AM3 socket so i think its about the best im getting on this board.

The whole rig outside the GPU is about 10 years old at this point, just wanted to see if its even worth my time troubleshooting the issues...which im thinking not.

Nah, I would do a full upgrade except for the GPU.

The cheapest solution is what I wrote above.. Buy a previous gen I5 and a new motherboard to support it. Then use the old RAM, or buy new. 

The more expensive route is current gen I7 and 8gb ram.