Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anthrage

Will O Wisp Changes

So I will add a video to this post at some point, but I just wanted to see if everyone noticed the undocumented - to my knowledge - change to Wisp? Both the visual and physics of the power have completely changed. It no longer travels in a slight arc, it has a larger area of effect and it seems to be far easier to score a hit with. I see this is a huge improvement.

So I was wrong it would seem, there are no physics changes to Wisp. I have noticed however much larger heals with it - generally it does between 7 and 11, but in this last build I am seeing many 15 or 16k heals, and as high as 20. The odd thing is that the 15k level heals seem to always happen on the same AT, while the lower ones never do. I am wondering of some ATs actually have some passive that causes them to benefit from heals more, or if it is not a real effect. More testing needed.

So I was wrong it would seem, there are no physics changes to Wisp. I have noticed however much larger heals with it - generally it does between 7 and 11, but in this last build I am seeing many 15 or 16k heals, and as high as 20. The odd thing is that the 15k level heals seem to always happen on the same AT, while the lower ones never do. I am wondering of some ATs actually have some passive that causes them to benefit from heals more, or if it is not a real effect. More testing needed.

Some ATs (specifically the myrmidon) get skills that boost the amount of incoming healing, so that might be the case.

Some ATs (specifically the myrmidon) get skills that boost the amount of incoming healing, so that might be the case.

Which are busted, completely.

My Wisp heals the right Myrm for over 30k, every time, for example. My Druid orbs heal those Myrm for 20k.

How about this:

Remove the CD from Wisp entirely. Essence will take care of it. I think Tinnis suggested this, but why not?  It might make the Druid a competent healer.

For about 20 seconds at a time.

Which are busted, completely.

My Wisp heals the right Myrm for over 30k, every time, for example. My Druid orbs heal those Myrm for 20k.

How about this:

Remove the CD from Wisp entirely. Essence will take care of it. I think Tinnis suggested this, but why not?  It might make the Druid a competent healer.

For about 20 seconds at a time.

Completely agree. The primary reason Druid doesn't function very well as a healer currently is because things are just too fast paced for her stationary heals. Stopping to find a healing rain or an orb when the battle is constantly moving isn't feasible, not to mention doing so when you are near death. Stopping in combat for any reason will likely kill you, so you are better off just running to the horse or well, just running. I am not sure why Druid healing needs to be further penalized with long cooldowns when it is already limited by essence, especially not a heal that is also aimed and can miss. 

Completely agree. The primary reason Druid doesn't function very well as a healer currently is because things are just too fast paced for her stationary heals. Stopping to find a healing rain or an orb when the battle is constantly moving isn't feasible, not to mention doing so when you are near death. Stopping in combat for any reason will likely kill you, so you are better off just running to the horse or well, just running. I am not sure why Druid healing needs to be further penalized with long cooldowns when it is already limited by essence, especially not a heal that is also aimed and can miss. 

They didn't want Druid to be firehose healer so now it's not a healer and not a damage dealer. Actually, it's now just a Nature's Avatar-bot for Templar or Confessor or whoever is OP right now :)

They didn't want Druid to be firehose healer so now it's not a healer and not a damage dealer. Actually, it's now just a Nature's Avatar-bot for Templar or Confessor or whoever is OP right now :)

Yeah, I dislike how healing still appears to bend in favor of something that is barely above a meme. Essence already ensures that any potential "firehose" healing from the Druid will always be limited, even to her detriment, so having a long cooldown on her heals is probably not necessary. It is hard to know without playing it out though, so hopefully it will make the list of changes that we will be able to help test.