Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Groovin

High Level Templar Gameplay

Sometimes, you just need that spark of inspiration. So I thought I'd do another video. This time on the lovely Templar.

Been having some really great fights on the her (although half the time I lose I'm never recording).
Three fights in this video (2 and a half really, I guess, because we had some technical issues in the first fight and started over) and they were all a lot of fun.

One problem I was having initially was I kept hitting the Execute combo (which doesn't really do a whole lot if they're not in execute range) instead of the Castigate combo. Ended up having to switch those on the bar.
Side note, I really love her parry combo and healing mechanic and would love to see more group play with her.

231e101d88.jpg

It was a clever clickbait

Clever 4 U, maybe.

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

I always roll my eyes when people (not you) say they are "high level" at something they have done for mere 2 days.

Usually, I don't even bother watching most of it,  but decided to give this one a try since it was an obvious click bait title.

It was good, I enjoyed it.. Templar looks pretty balanced atm.

It was good, I enjoyed it.. Templar looks pretty balanced atm.

I'm glad. I will freely admit that I'm (obviously) not as good as everyone else. But I like putting things out there and having fun with it.

231e101d88.jpg

Tbh all that's really unbalanced in Makkon's video is the RMB knockdown...People don't know how to avoid that yet. If you just kite for the duration it's up then it's really hard for templar to set up good burst.

Maaaaybe the AoE heal/dmg is too strong too but overall they're okay balance wise.

for me its the new Cow, hard to kill a skill known enemy templar...but possible and thrilling ^^

first thing, AoE makes a way too much dmg, avoid it by running out...(no problem)

her lifepool is hard ( about 125k HP with both boosts) but also very rewarding after this holy sin kneel down for you...

she is not too op but still away from balance ...

good knight, good fight!

Tbh all that's really unbalanced in Makkon's video is the RMB knockdown...People don't know how to avoid that yet. If you just kite for the duration it's up then it's really hard for templar to set up good burst.

Maaaaybe the AoE heal/dmg is too strong too but overall they're okay balance wise.

AoE deals 5k damage with basic weapon (up to 10k with good advanced weapon) and its cooldown = its duration, which means it requires no skill to use, you don't have to choose the right time, just use it by cd. Despite of heavy damage it also heals, gives pips and removes sin as a nice bonus (so even Confessors are annoyed killing these guys). Druid and Confessor can of course jump out of it, but others? And how are melee archetypes supposed to kill Templar, if all they have to do is running from his 4? Vast majority of them can't heal themselves and none of them have 125k+ HP. Add RMB heavy damage, stun, knockdown, blind, gapcloser, if you still think it's not enough.

Edited by sedside

The RMB knockdown can be devastating if you combo it right. However, if you're mobile or just watch out for the sword going up you should be fine.

In my duel with Nightfire in the video, I used Parry like 5 times and landed only 2 because he was standing still (which I feel I didn't capitalise on, but whatever). But when he scored a knockdown on me I was standing right in the middle of his AoE. I didn't like my chances from the start, but that really sealed the deal.

It's one of those abilities you need to be aware of and watch out for, and I really love it.

231e101d88.jpg

AoE deals 5k damage with basic weapon (up to 10k with good advanced weapon) and its cooldown = its duration, which means it requires no skill to use, you don't have to choose the right time, just use it by cd. Despite of heavy damage it also heals, gives pips and removes sin as a nice bonus (so even Confessors are annoyed killing these guys). Druid and Confessor can of course jump out of it, but others? And how are melee archetypes supposed to kill Templar, if all they have to do is running from his 4? Vast majority of them can't heal themselves and none of them have 125k+ HP. Add RMB heavy damage, stun, knockdown, blind, gapcloser, if you still think it's not enough.

I'd be good with the skill if it stopped working when you ran out of pips.