Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Harvest skill trees

narsille

I think that the Excavation skill trees need to be updated to reflect the new hierarchy free metal / stone /wood resource model.

I am concerned that ratio of harvesters who will have advanced skills in harvesting certain will end up sharply skewed and, in turn, this will cause some weird distortions in the economy.

As a practical example, every miner needs to get skills in copper mining before they can progress into the advanced excavation tree.

In a similar vein, if we look at the advanced skills, everyone is going to want to get beneficial harvest chance.  In turn, this means that iron will be artificially cheap...

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

I disagree. I'm trained pretty far in the Iron branch and there is no way I can keep up with the demand of weapons we currently need. Once they make armor useful it will be even worse.

I think that the Excavation skill trees need to be updated to reflect the new hierarchy free metal / stone /wood resource model.

I am concerned that ratio of harvesters who will have advanced skills in harvesting certain will end up sharply skewed and, in turn, this will cause some weird distortions in the economy.

As a practical example, every miner needs to get skills in copper mining before they can progress into the advanced excavation tree.

In a similar vein, if we look at the advanced skills, everyone is going to want to get beneficial harvest chance.  In turn, this means that iron will be artificially cheap...

I have to agree.

Although i had to actually go and look at the skill tree to figure out what you were referring to. Not that familiar with harvesting.

The current skill tree basically indicates that copper is a 'lesser' of the metals. And this use to be true with the old tools, it was the 'starter' material that anyone could harvest.

This is no longer true and the skill trees need to reflect it accordingly. 

This applies to all harvesting, not just the ore/stone/bodies.

However, according to the last video, Blair was asked this question "will the harvesting trees change to reflect the new changes" aaaaand the answer was no.

Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png