Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
calidor

Ashes of Creation. Could this challenge CF in the future?

CF will definitely have better combat, but could Ashes of Creation develop into a contender?  It has a bunch of great ideas and an engaging team.

Still years away, but they raffle off free keys and such regularly if you have an account with them.

There will always be competition in the MMO market.. Korea pumps out like 4-5 MMO's a year and no one seems to care that much.

What ACE has done and what will potentially save them is the fact that they don't have any actual PvE content like questing, raiding, dungeons, main story.. This makes creating the game much much cheaper.

After reading about Ashes of Creation, it seems like they have taken a bunch of good ideas, and put them in a demo reel.

What keeps me from showing any interest right now, is the fact that their management has a lack of actual big game development in the past. And they have not showed much yet. Its still early.

There will always be competition in the MMO market.. Korea pumps out like 4-5 MMO's a year and no one seems to care that much.

What ACE has done and what will potentially save them is the fact that they don't have any actual PvE content like questing, raiding, dungeons, main story.. This makes creating the game much much cheaper.

After reading about Ashes of Creation, it seems like they have taken a bunch of good ideas, and put them in a demo reel.

What keeps me from showing any interest right now, is the fact that their management has a lack of actual big game development in the past. And they have not showed much yet. Its still early.

I think that is very true

They seem to know what the PvP sandbox players want, at least.

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

It looks beautiful, that's for sure. 

Sounds like a less convoluted and less ambitious version of Chronicles of Elyria. Which is not a bad thing at all. Makes it more achievable IMO. Could be a very fun game with all those systems put together. 

That tab target combat though...  :unsure:

The next best try of an MMO promising all kinds of stuff it wont live up to.

Whats actually the difference of this from another?

They all promise the blue of the sky, but always fail to deliver.

Even just Crowfall fails to deliver anything. And like someone mentioned above, its even really easy to make Crowfall because it doesnt have PvE or anything.

And they even totally fail with the low profile of Crowfall.

What will this team then achieve with much higher ambition?

Consisting of former Daybreak/SoE employees? Should I laugh or cry?

Daybreak employees are the worst of the worst.

Totally useless, incompetent people without any passion, talent or ambition.

The only thing I liked about their story, was the story of the person initiating this project.

But the gaming industry is far too full of incompetent, useless people at the moment, only looking to make the fortune of their lifes/getting rich, so that I wouldnt consider any support ongoing besides Star Citizen.

Just look at all those survival early access crap.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.