Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anhrez

Solo Motherlode mining is doable

I was able to solo mine Rank 1 and Rank 5 motherlodes to their first 25% damage proc, and even got me a lovely topaz chip!

So .... please disregard my earlier post about the issues I have with Social Limiters and gathering  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COyDiEbbifw

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

Can't watch the video atm, could you please say how did you do it? Good tools?

A mixture of good tools, specific training in the ore that matches the mother lode (I am spec'd in Copper) and having extra stamina 

can get to 25% without any gimicks but ... you can also you a trick if you time a skill training proc while mining it will reset your stamina also 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

you can also you a trick if you time a skill training proc while mining it will reset your stamina also 

This is not a trick, this is using a bug to bypass game mechanics aka an exploit.  :angry:

Edited by Caenth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Well I think a lot of people would argue that motherlodes are a gate that shouldn't be there in the first place

Unfortunately whilst they are in game it is using an exploit as they are not meant to be solo mined but I personally think it's an exploit with less impact than the uber weapons of a few weeks ago

With a little luck motherlodes will be moved from game altogether to bring stone gathering in line with the other harvest skills and then this exploit will no longer be an issue

uGlR0Ph.png

This is not a trick, this is using a bug to bypass game mechanics aka an exploit.  :angry:

it is not only a bug to solo the Motherlode.... sure one of my exampls using the skill reset to get a stamina boost

but here is me doing it straight up with Stamina and skills and a huge +mining score

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd-vDpkl9IQ

using Bene harvest proc is also not a way to truly do it as that will hardly be 100% in game

but watch the stamina bar in the vid no reset

Edited by anhrezcf

LR0tCJt.png

it is not only a bug to solo the Motherlode.... sure one of my exampls using the skill reset to get a stamina boost

I was referring to the stamina reset bug alone. The rest is well done, I'm not complaining about that. You promoting using a exploit however. I'm not okay with that.

ZCcquVD.png

I was referring to the stamina reset bug alone. The rest is well done, I'm not complaining about that. You promoting using a exploit however. I'm not okay with that.

an exploit?

is there as statement in the forums that the skill reset of stamina is not part of the game? in many MMO's when you level you reset your stamina and mana?

when/if devs state that the Stamina reset was not designed then I'll back off talking about it but till then its part of the game

Stumbling across the stamina reset was where the idea of creating stamina gear to increase the number of swings came from for me .... so I would encourage all players to push the game around. Unlike using something to gank people until we push crafting hard we will not really know its issues. Uncovering the boundaries and posting them here I think helps create more ideas to help create a good test

Edited by anhrezcf

LR0tCJt.png

an exploit?

is there as statement in the forums that the skill reset of stamina is not part of the game? in many MMO's when you level you reset your stamina and mana?

when/if devs state that the Stamina reset was not designed then I'll back off talking about it but till then its part of the game

Yes, this skill reset bug is reported in the testing forums 2 days ago (https://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/15765-thu-february-16-sun-february-19-bugs-anomalies-and-tech-issues-feedback/page-5#entry325767). And I know you read those posts, because you're posting bugs in there yourself.

That you decided to stick your head in the sand or even when you truly didn't know about this, still doesn't justify the usage or promotion of the bug.

ZCcquVD.png

Has AC confirmed this is a bug, and not an intended bonus?

You know it doesn't matter if ACE acknowledges this bug or not. You really expect them to do this after 2 days? To use this as an excuse is disgusting.

ZCcquVD.png

You know it doesn't matter if ACE acknowledges this bug or not. You really expect them to do this after 2 days? To use this as an excuse is disgusting.

What if it is not a bug?

IhhQKY6.gif

Yes, this skill reset bug is reported in the testing forums 2 days ago (https://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/15765-thu-february-16-sun-february-19-bugs-anomalies-and-tech-issues-feedback/page-5#entry325767). And I know you read those posts, because you're posting bugs in there yourself.

That you decided to stick your head in the sand or even when you truly didn't know about this, still doesn't justify the usage or promotion of the bug.

Uh, this is something that's typical in MMOs. Leveling up often resets all your stats to full. Nowhere have they said that's not intentional. I can see it being an issue because you can be training up to 4 things at a time and I'd have no problem if they changed it, but it's not something that's obviously a bug. 

Seems silly to go attacking people on the forums for use of something that's been a feature in most MMOs because you are calling it a bug with nothing to actually back up the fact that it is a bug. And when people call you out on it you attack them harder.

Guild Leader of Seeds of War

no head in sand ... disgusting? really? that seems a bit dramatic

shall i list the MMO's that have your stats reset when you level something up? Sure I saw people mention in the chat, it but its not a bug until Devs tells me it is. You telling me about your concern about is not a bug.

As of now it hurts nothing to leverage it .... it allows a single player to test motherlodes on a server with low population which is far better then people skipping over them. If it disappears tomorrow not even a wipe is needed and if it does not go away then its no different than a mechanic seen in a half dozen other MMOs

its not a good feature in the game, but who am I to judge their reasoning for resetting stamina the same as a level up in WoW or Guild Wars 2?

I don't see how this hurts the player base at all at this point, other then creating a philosophical discussion about what is a bug that takes away people from talking about actual crafting mechanics it has 0% impact on combat, has 0% impact on crafting because anything gathered is already available in game.

LR0tCJt.png

Seems silly to go attacking people on the forums for use of something that's been a feature in most MMOs because you are calling it a bug with nothing to actually back up the fact that it is a bug. And when people call you out on it you attack them harder.

It's not obvious for Crowfall. Since the beginning the skill training is active the skill reset bug was not happening. Not once. So this weekend this bug suddenly happens without them announcing it or writing it down in the patch notes this being a new thing?

It's totally obvious this not a new feature. Yes, I'm you calling you out for exploiting (something that is heavily frowned upon) and your only defense is that you didn't know or it might be a new feature. Yeah, you're making a great case for yourself. I think people are smarter than believing this lame excuse.

Calling it a trick is even worse, making people believe it is allowed to use it. It is not. Report it, leave it alone stop exploiting and move on. Call it dramatic, but I hate cheaters and exploiters with a passion.

ZCcquVD.png

Has AC confirmed this is a bug, and not an intended bonus?

No clue ...

If it was a feature that I was leveraging to Kill on Confessors (which I think would get me a medal from many) then this discussion would be different for me I think

LR0tCJt.png

Um just because some random player reported it as a bug, does not mean it's confirmed by ACE to actually be a bug.

People getting their panties in a knot and calling out testers about "exploits" in a pre-alpha test with near constant wipes, and developers encouraging people to find them, just make me shake my head.

So you should be the arbiter of what is a bug and what isn't?

Until ACE specifically comes out saying its an exploit, it could very well be a game mechanic. Also, this is a pre-alpha testing-phase, so getting upset that someone found something that might not be intended is a bit childish.

Even if ACE recognizes it as a bug, who does it hurt? 

More eyes on a problem means ACE gets the reports faster and fixes this before launch. THAT is the important part.

Nothing worse in a pre-alpha then keeping these bugs private. I've argued with several people about this. My frame of mind is all gamers are given 100% leniency during development in exploiting this code. Its better it happens now, before launch, then after.

We want an exploit-hardened game. No better way to do that then to give a high-level of visibility to these issues early and often. Its unclear simply based on what we know that this was an exploit. Its common, as others have pointed out, to get some sort of reward for leveling up. For all we knew, this was a new feature, not a bug. You got really holier-than-thou in a hot minute.

Take a breath. Calm down.

Anhrez is an active and contributing member of this community and for you to even toss out this melodramatic over-reaction is pretty irresponsible and wholly unfair.

I'd add that I've made posts in that bug thread and never bothered to read through them all. Its not a requirement of that thread.