Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crafting Stations, Etc.

izkimar

Open field crafting is temporary, eventually we'll need to transport our resources back to mother base so crafters can use crafting stations to make gear / etc. How exact is this going to work? I assume we're going to need to claim a stronghold, but won't there be a limited number of these? Are we just going to be running around hitting each other with fists for weeks on end? I assume basic crafting of weapons and armor is only temporary too.

I think ACE has mentioned it a couple of times, but there will be stronghold foundations around in the campaignworld that players can repair. They might be in various degrees of neglect and some might require more resources than others.

To get resources to your base, I would believe we would use Carvans and other transport-animals, as protecting Caravan routes from POI's like quarries to base will be a major gameplay aspect in the finished game.

Edited by zinnie

I would also expect that the entire "Basic weapons/armor" line will be available in the field, even though it doesn't make logical sense. They used to give players the basic weapon, then took that away to "force" people to put something together quickly, so I don't see them putting basic weapons behind building of your first building and crafting station.

I would also expect that the entire "Basic weapons/armor" line will be available in the field, even though it doesn't make logical sense. They used to give players the basic weapon, then took that away to "force" people to put something together quickly, so I don't see them putting basic weapons behind building of your first building and crafting station.

They don't want players to have to run around naked for long periods of time. So the time to get basic gear is supposed to be very short, but the advanced and epic gear is what you'll need crafters for.

This is mainly done to minimize the effect death has on you, as having to start all over after getting looted is painful and would make certain people quit playing if they had to spend another 2 days harvesting to get weapons and armors back.

You will be able to craft out in the field, but experimentation can only be done at crafting stations. 

With the above plus POIs, harvesting and caravans, i hope they think about giving some options to solo players or party players (some lesser degree of guilds,clans) like crafting chests to help storage some amount of stuff as an minor example...

With the above plus POIs, harvesting and caravans, i hope they think about giving some options to solo players or party players (some lesser degree of guilds,clans) like crafting chests to help storage some amount of stuff as an minor example...

They aren't going to have any storage that doesn't need to be protected. So there might be chests that you can store stuff in, but other people will be able to take that stuff. Solo players in campaigns will likely need to play in one of the faction bands, or join a guild, if they want a place that is "safe". 

They aren't going to have any storage that doesn't need to be protected. So there might be chests that you can store stuff in, but other people will be able to take that stuff. Solo players in campaigns will likely need to play in one of the faction bands, or join a guild, if they want a place that is "safe". 

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▒▓███▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▒▓█▓▓██▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▒▓█▒▒███▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▒▓███▒▒█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▒▓███▒▒█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▒▓██▒░▒█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▒▓█▓░▒▒█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▒▓█▓▒▒▒█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▒▓█▓▒▒▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒██▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒██████████████████████▓▒▒▒

▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓█████████████████████▒▒

▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░. ▓█▓▒

▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▒▒

▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓█████████████████▒▒

▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▓▒

▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒▒

▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒

▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▓▒

▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓█▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒▒

▒▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒

▒▒▓██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▓█▓▒

▒▒▒▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒██▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒██▓▒

▒▒▒▒▒▓██████████████████████████▒▒▒

I really hope the way they work is that there are more "expensive" chests that are "secure" until someone knocks the building it's in over with siege.  Once the building is down, the chests remain but are now open to anyone.

I would much prefer the goal be to destroy the protection, rather than simply sneak around the thralls that may be guarding things and ninja loot.

If theft is a thing in CF(or will at some point), it can happen (likewise ARK game). We will see when we get more features...

I agree with Krakken though that stuff behind walls should require knocking down the walls. Otherwise, it will just be too easy for players to get past thrall guards and steal stuff.